Zero Punctuation: XBLA Double Bill

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
I get what he's saying with twilight princess and sunshine being better than ocarina of time and super mario 64. They are more refined games with better graphics and gameplay elements. However, the reason that ocarina of time and super mario 64 are regarded as better games is due to the fact that when those games came out they were unlike anything else we'd ever seen. They changed things. They were new and different and from that model hundreds of other games were made. It's unfair to judge old games by the standards of today, you to take into account what it was like during the time that it was released.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Didn't think the review was the best, still made me chuckle that is until he said "I think Hitler was right" which made me fall off my chair with laughter (teach me for leaning back on it really).

rebochan

Apr 10, 2007
At this point it's impossible not to notice that Yahtzee contradicts himself every week now. He hates long grinding JRPGs with dialogue but professes to love Earthbound. He hates Super Mario 64 and loves Mario Sunshine, and yet he bitched about Mario Sunshine being a pale copy of Mario 64 that Mario Galaxy did better. He bitches every week that games are too easy, then complains when looking at the older games he professes to love that were frustratingly hard.

Sorry, but the schtick is about dead. The guy's just trolling now - he ran out of material and the only way he can keep putting out a video every week is to just find something else to ***** about regardless of whether he was praising it the week before.

cutekittenkyti

Dec 12, 2007
in case you all haven't noticed
Yahtzee was being sarcastic when he said Twilight princess and sunshine were better then OoT and 64...

The hitler comment afterwards was supposed to prove that....

sheesh...

does yahtzee need a sarcasm sign???
apparently

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
mensaap post=6.72328.755918 said:
well yathzee u obviously haven't played fallout

cause that game still beats every other game anytime, that's made in this day and age! (except maybe team fortress 2)
I would disagree with this, mostly because I preferred Fallout 2 to its prequel, although the first was also good. Best game? Not so much.

broadband post=6.72328.755932 said:
NewClassic post=6.72328.755892 said:
Why do people hate on Wind Waker so much, was it the cel-shading?
i think so.
Well, that's depressing. Graphically it was stylish and a step in a new direction. Wouldn't say it was for the best, but it was still really nice. Did beautifully on the DS, as well.

tony2077 post=6.72328.755907 said:
What happened, man, your reviews suck. I could pull a better one out of my ass!
You'll have to excuse me for taking some liberties when correcting your grammar, but I tried to stay as true to content as I could.

That being said, this review was rather mundane when compared to some his others, but when referring just to the recent reviews, this one does a pretty clever job of staying on top of the game. Certainly still clever and entertaining, and worth the few minutes it took for me to watch it.

But, if you are persistent in trawling a superior review from your hind-quarters, I might make the suggestion of using spell-check, an editor, and a quick brushing up on your grammar [http://www.bartleby.com/141/].

Then, go ahead and post it up in the Review section [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/326]. Take your time, but I'll be waiting for it.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
rebochan post=6.72328.755962 said:
At this point it's impossible not to notice that Yahtzee contradicts himself every week now. He hates long grinding JRPGs with dialogue but professes to love Earthbound. He hates Super Mario 64 and loves Mario Sunshine, and yet he bitched about Mario Sunshine being a pale copy of Mario 64 that Mario Galaxy did better. He bitches every week that games are too easy, then complains when looking at the older games he professes to love that were frustratingly hard.

Sorry, but the schtick is about dead. The guy's just trolling now - he ran out of material and the only way he can keep putting out a video every week is to just find something else to ***** about regardless of whether he was praising it the week before.
1st:- He said he like Earthbound because it was so different to most JRPG's with a funky storyline and all that.

2nd:- He said Sunshine was better than 64 not that he liked it.

3rd:- And yeah so what. Alot of people do that. I do it all the time.

Kain637

Apr 16, 2008
the only reason everyone thinks Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time are the best in the series is because they're the first 3D entries of the series; it's a very strange phenomenon, another good example is Final Fantasy VII, which is only really a mediocre entry.

xmido

Sep 12, 2008
i think megaman 9 is next in the extremely difficult, 2 button mashing, live system, retro gaming, nostalgia.

i think hitler was right too. he was demonised, just as arabs r demonised right now.

i want to play the german side of wwii games.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Hey look it's a sarcasm joke flying over all your heads! At least one or two of you are getting it.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I actually beat ye olde bionic commando and was jazzed when I heard about this. I just kind of assumed they would get rid of lives without thinking about it. I am not a kid anymore and can't devote an entire 12 hour streak to playing a game

Nov 28, 2007
I liked the review, but respectfully disagree on your opinion of Bionic Commando: Rearmed. It did exactly what a remake should do: added a few new tricks, updated the graphics, but overall kept the gameplay the same. Also, loved the ending, because I agree with it. Well, except for the pro-Nazi statement, obviously.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
cutekittenkyti post=6.72328.755967 said:
in case you all haven't noticed
Yahtzee was being sarcastic when he said Twilight princess and sunshine were better then OoT and 64...

The hitler comment afterwards was supposed to prove that....

sheesh...

does yahtzee need a sarcasm sign???
apparently
It's funny that people don't notice that right away. First I thought that he is serious but the Hitler commment proved it as you said but in the credits he said that he doesn't think that Hitler was right so maybe he was serious (of course he wasn't) with Mario Sunshine and Zelda Twilight Princess. Well who cares?

amodelmerol

Sep 10, 2008
Finally saw it, wasn't as hillarious as last week for me.

I have a friend who will curse yahtzee because of this (he's addicted to megaman 9 right now)

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
I never played Bionic Commando when I was a child, but Retronauts made it sound cool so I got it. Mastering the controls took me all of 15 minutes so... The lives system however I agree with. Some levels are pretty fall-heavy (like the last level : /), and it was annoying to have to redo sections I had already mastered.

My biggest complaint is that it's too easy on Normal and too hard on Hard : /

I haven't played Castle Crashers, but those one-pixel-away swings are familiar to me ~~

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Rusman post=6.72328.755975 said:
rebochan post=6.72328.755962 said:

1st:- He said he like Earthbound because it was so different to most JRPG's with a funky storyline and all that.

2nd:- He said Sunshine was better than 64 not that he liked it.

3rd:- And yeah so what. Alot of people do that. I do it all the time.
You forgot to reference Mailbag Showdown. Your Troll Kill fizzles!
CaptainCrunch casts a spell!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/37-Mailbag-Showdown