Zero Punctuation: XBLA Double Bill

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
NewClassic post=6.72328.755972 said:
mensaap post=6.72328.755918 said:
well yathzee u obviously haven't played fallout

cause that game still beats every other game anytime, that's made in this day and age! (except maybe team fortress 2)
I would disagree with this, mostly because I preferred Fallout 2 to its prequel, although the first was also good. Best game? Not so much.

broadband post=6.72328.755932 said:
NewClassic post=6.72328.755892 said:
Why do people hate on Wind Waker so much, was it the cel-shading?
i think so.
Well, that's depressing. Graphically it was stylish and a step in a new direction. Wouldn't say it was for the best, but it was still really nice. Did beautifully on the DS, as well.

tony2077 post=6.72328.755907 said:
What happened, man, your reviews suck. I could pull a better one out of my ass!
You'll have to excuse me for taking some liberties when correcting your grammar, but I tried to stay as true to content as I could.

That being said, this review was rather mundane when compared to some his others, but when referring just to the recent reviews, this one does a pretty clever job of staying on top of the game. Certainly still clever and entertaining, and worth the few minutes it took for me to watch it.

But, if you are persistent in trawling a superior review from your hind-quarters, I might make the suggestion of using spell-check, an editor, and a quick brushing up on your grammar [http://www.bartleby.com/141/].

Then, go ahead and post it up in the Review section [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/326]. Take your time, but I'll be waiting for it.
leave my grammar alone and why would i want to review a game I'd never play xbla is full of pointless garbage and and the point of my post was saying that his reviews have gone down hill

vlanitak

Sep 4, 2008
I am sorry ZP, even though the video was great, you lost the moment you mentioned hitler.

defcon 1

Jan 3, 2008
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
nostalgia is like stuffing your cheeks with cocain infused marbles in that it makes you say stupid tings.
god... you're some kind of god! Finlay someone gets it! On a side note I did like Ocarina of Time better than Twilight Princess. Probably just being sarcastic when supporting Hitler right after.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
tony2077 post=6.72328.756031 said:
leave my grammar alone and why would i want to review a game I'd never play xbla is full of pointless garbage and and the point of my post was saying that his reviews have gone down hill
Then why not just say "Your reviews have gone down-hill" instead of making elaborate jokes about how they have?

[sup]For those of you that have picked up on it, I'm very aware of the hypocrisy in this post, and my preview one. Think of the entire experience as something of social satire, especially from an internet's point of view.[/sup]

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Now we're getting back to the classic, hilarious, hate-filled Yahtzee. Great review. It's great to see that you're not losing your touch.

The Wrath of Arthas is coming... Can't wait!

thetragicclown

May 29, 2008
haruvister post=6.72328.755859 said:
You're right, Yahtzee, Fantasy World Dizzy isn't the best game ever. Treasure Island Dizzy is.
Why are you making me choose?! And no love for Magicland Dizzy?

Great review as usual. The Hitler line was the icing on a very funny cake.

Jarelk

Sep 24, 2008
Hey, I finally made an account. Loved the review Yahtzee! Though you talked a little too fast at some parts for me to understand, but I always watch them more then once anyway.

Shiuz91 post=6.72328.756081 said:
Littaly post=6.72328.755862 said:
Oh my got you think Hitler was right? I thought you were stupid but not that stupid, how dare you even say such a thing?!

Seriously though, way better than last week's video :D
Dear Noob.
Read the dialog after the video and try not to make yourself sound like a twat with your next comment.
I think that guy was kidding.

Oh, and why do people think the "TP was better then OoT" was sarcastic? It wasn't, else it wouldn't fit in with the entire review.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Maybe people like retro gaming because it's harder. Games these days are too fucking EASY (except Ninja Gaiden, of course), because you can fit much more stuff onto a disc. Back in the old days, you couldn't fit as much onto a cartridge, so the designers had to extend gameplay time by making the games harder. Some gamers nowadays are looking for a bigger challenge, that's pretty much the entire reasoning behind the dreaded I Wanna Be The Guy.

And for the record, my favorite Zelda game is still Majora's Mask.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
lmao i loved the way you ended that one yahtzee XD
have you ever played streets of rage? thats a lot like golden axe, but the sexy woman in that has more clothes on... kinda :p

MikePhilbin

Mar 15, 2008
wow, Hitler probably oversaw the canning of this itw bitw project Navigation Prototype [http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/2008/09/eight-days-trailer-basic-navigation.html] on record and forgot not to upload it for all our nostalgic pleaure. Was he right? Hitler, I mean, to deprive us of something that actually looked like it might have played better than most games out there?

Ecco128

Jul 16, 2008
I'll give you Sunshine over 64, but while I did enjoy Twilight Princess, the lack of challenge really makes it tough for me to put it over OOT. I mean seriously, I stopped getting more heart pieces on purpose part way through the game, and still never feared for my life in any of the boss battles except for beast ganon, and that was only because I was hitting the buttons wrong, once I solved that problem that was cake too.

terminator44

Jul 24, 2008
It's a shame Yahtzee didn't wait until next week to do XBLA because Duke3D has just come out. I'd love to hear what he has to say about it.

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
One man's poison is another man's wine; I LOVE Bionic Commando, the oringinal and the remake. That is one of the games that I played the most during the 8-bit era (I even played a lot during the 16-bit era). I love the swinging mechanics (it's all about the timing) and the remake actually improves on the original in that the levels are better layed out, more weapons and equipment, and last but not least, the soundtrack; the remixed music in this game just blew me away (those who've played the original as well as the remake know exactly what I'm talking about). Is it difficult? yes, very; but the remake got rid of some things that made the original EXTREMELY difficult (for example, you don't run out of continues). This is not a game for everyone though.

Stomp224

Oct 17, 2007
Haha, I personally think BC:R is a fantastic remake! The revamped soundtrack has been rocking my iPod since the OST was released, and some of those challenge rooms are demonically difficult!

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
It is quite obvious that with the final statement, Yahtzee admitted he was in fact being SARCASTIC ALL THE WAY THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE VIDEO.

:)