Zero Punctuation: XBLA Double Bill

Feb 13, 2008
Uhm...I really hate to say this but Yahtzee does an Epic Fail.

Let's see why..

Bland Title bleurgh, but the outro was better.
Lots more bile, but almost totally misplaced.
Retracts some of his original statements.
Talks shit for no other reason than talking shit.
Surely the 'life' system is still in use...
Tyris Flare (Golden Axe) actually had reasonable chest size for an Amazon...despite the bikini....and was hardly less stereotypical than Ax Battler or Gilius.
Bionic Commando WAS released on the c64 and was bloody good.
Gauntlet (shown) didn't use lives but Health...
And making a 3d sideways scrolling beat-em up wouldn't work...because it's SIDEWAYS...like 1d axis...

Sorry Ben. Epic Fail this time. :(

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Pseudonym2 post=6.72328.756397 said:
I had the exact opposite reaction playing Castle Crashers (or at least the demo). The characters were brightly colored which made the stand out. I was also really impressed by the fact the game didn't have the miss by two inches on the y axis thing. While that happened sometimes with magic, all my other attacks worked just fine.

Didn't run into problem with the bosses blocking my view either.
I think this is one of the examples of Yahtzee not being "on the ball" with his review. Some of them, like Spore or EVE, he hits the nail on the head, but others, like this, I too would have to disagree. Galaxy is debatably more fun than 64 because it takes everything 64 did and made it bigger. Sunshine sucked pretty bad lol

Furious George

Sep 23, 2008
my friend who watched this with me thought he was serious witht hte whole hitler, so i locked him out of my room and told him to grow a brain

TheDean

Sep 12, 2008
i liked the lives system in Crash Bandcoot.

Also, remakes should be EXACTLY like the original.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Furious George post=6.72328.756414 said:
my friend who watched this with me thought he was serious witht hte whole hitler, so i locked him out of my room and told him to grow a brain
Like I said, serious or not, you just don't joke about that sort of thing. I know he wasn't serious because he even said right after that he was kidding. But come on, you just don't do that.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
well, this was entertaining, and now I have a strange desire to watch American History X.

Must be the curve stomping & nazis.

.Ricks.

Sep 10, 2008
Loved this weeks review still the same humor the hitler thing did it for me i bursted laughing xD.

Vromnir

Sep 23, 2008
What? that comment made no sense.

Edit: this was meant to be for tony2077's comment to the person who challenged him to do a better review than Yahtzee. I just dont know how to reply to a post yet.

LordJim

Sep 24, 2008
Oh and if you call Golden Axe the closest relative to Castle Crashers, you have no business talking about the game at all. Ever hear of Guardian Heroes?

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Huh, so he really does just suck at games.

Anyway, what's with the people downplaying 2.5D? I mean come on, BCR is a 2D platformer WITH RAGDOLL! Makes it 100x more satisfying to throw someone or own them with a barrel. Still, 3D isn't automatically better than 2D and apparently "better graphics = WORSE GAME" to all these pretentious critics.

SlightlyEvil post=6.72328.756525 said:
Uh, Yahtzee. While I agree with your general point, I have three words for you: Art of Theft.
"Very much aware of the hypocrisy, thank you."

EDIT:

Oh yeah and he also fell in love with Braid. This guy doesn't know what he wants does he?

EOr

Jun 4, 2008
Old console games really don't stand the test of time, but some old PC games (as someone already mentioned, Fallout!) do a little better.

And speaking of PC games, Yahtzee, you need to get your hands on Sid Meier's remake of Colonization (don't know if it is out in Australia yet). You will REALLY have some fun tearing this one apart!

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Furious George post=6.72328.756414 said:
Hitler was right and wrong about many things, it's obviously an "I need more hatemail so I can complain about it next week" kinda thing.

OMG NAHTZEE GODWINS LAW!