Zero Punctuation: XBLA Double Bill

niall27

Sep 24, 2008
Sorry mate but i really do think you have jumped the shark..

Ive been watching for about 2/3 months and although i shall keep coming back im just not laughing anymore mate

Cybergangster

Oct 18, 2007
niall27 post=6.72328.756834 said:
...im just not laughing anymore mate
Agreed - I've been following ZP pretty much from the start and the last few months haven't been up to standard - or maybe I'm just becoming decensitised?

I was amused by the Nintendo fanboy bait though ;)

perfectimo

Sep 17, 2008
Cybergangster post=6.72328.756888 said:
Agreed - I've been following ZP pretty much from the start and the last few months haven't been up to standard - or maybe I'm just becoming decensitised?
same. he used to be very funny, it kinda sucks how he's gotten repetitive and a cliche of himself.

Eiseman

Jul 23, 2008
Hmph, it had to happen at some point. If you base your job around hating popular things, your followers will end up doing the same thing. Then once you yourself become popular, they will begin to hate you.

The ultimate irony is that this is probably exactly what Yahtzee wants.

Shinkada

Mar 4, 2008
A bit funnier than usual, but more importantly, I love it when people wail on reminiscence in gaming.

To all the people inevitably defending Ocarina of Time: Stop being dickbags.

EDIT: The constant, and usual stream of people saying ZMG YATZEY U NOT FUNAY NEMORE has, for this episode only, gone from frustrating to hilarious because YOU'RE PROOVING THE EXACT POINT HE'S MENTIONING IN THE FUCKING VIDEO.

He isn't getting less funny, you twats have all just ruined it by quoting him five thousand times a day and thus becoming too used to his style. I, however, haven't been going around quoting him at every waking moment as if he was Monty Python, Maddox, Chapelle or anyone else nearly-ruined by constant quotation, and thus I still find him hilarious.

None to blame but yourselves.

perfectimo

Sep 17, 2008
i don't hate him, i hate how it seems like recently he's being hating stuff and coming up with his standard insult without having any... i don't know passion. and no i don't quote him, quoting in general is lame ie. the simpsons

RussDCA

Nov 3, 2007
WTF have you guys done to these videos? The last three, I haven't been able to download & convert for my iPod making me a walking Escapist & Zero Punctuation advert.

And.. I really don't think an advert should more than double the video length.

And... Isn't it about time we had 640x480 videos?

..... Also... Yahtzee. You still rock though :-D

crazyforestgnome

Sep 24, 2008
I know - let's make controversial comments for the sake of it...Come on Yahtzee you used to be better than this.

Everyone knows Mario Sunshine was TERRIBLE! And as for insulting Ocarina of Time, the greatest game ever in the Zelda series...nonsense.

Sonic 2, far better than ANY 3D sonic game ever made since.

Retro games are still awesome!

Shia-Neko-Chan

Apr 23, 2008
I agree with Yahtzee, I'm sick of nostalgia and have been forever. I can blame Nintendo (It's all they ever do!) and its fans for that.

sfried

Dec 20, 2007
Vlane post=6.72328.756013 said:
cutekittenkyti post=6.72328.755967 said:
in case you all haven't noticed
Yahtzee was being sarcastic when he said Twilight princess and sunshine were better then OoT and 64...

The hitler comment afterwards was supposed to prove that....

sheesh...

does yahtzee need a sarcasm sign???
apparently
It's funny that people don't notice that right away. First I thought that he is serious but the Hitler commment proved it as you said but in the credits he said that he doesn't think that Hitler was right so maybe he was serious (of course he wasn't) with Mario Sunshine and Zelda Twilight Princess. Well who cares?
So, you mean his whole review is false then, and was only being sarcastic when he said Bionic Commando Rearmed was unfun?

Rockdrake

Aug 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=6.72328.757200 said:
I would have thought he'd have taken this opportunity to bitchslap Lucasarts back to the stone age with The Force unleashed.
He has next week to do that...

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Well... not bad. I actually agree that the controls of the arm in Bionic Commando could have been more intuitive.
Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed BCR from start to finish, even though, or perhaps because, it's just way more difficult than any AAA title released in the last few years. Yes, it gets frustrating, but on the other hand you actually get a feeling of achievement when you've beaten one particularly hard part etc... unlike many other current games that let you save everywhere and anywhere, refill your health if you cry long enough and so on.
The difficulty of BCR shouldn't become the norm, but I doubt that's going to happen, and in the current world of gaming, BCR was really refreshing for me.
I know nothing about Castle Crashers, so I'll skip that one ;)

Piston Effesca

Feb 17, 2008
I've been watching Yahtzee since he was a little dot on youtube. Hell, I used to read his reviews when he was just "that guy who makes the horror adventure games." And while I don't laugh at ZP anymore, I stopped laughing after the fourth episode. It's still entertaining, and I find his opinions are similar to mine and that's what counts. If it's not funny to you then I'm sorry, but I don't think complaining about it will do any good. Go find a new thing to watch on wednesdays.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
Meh. Yahtzee, you seriously need a vacation, man. I hate to say it, but ZP is going downhill for the last few episodes. I didn't even smile at this one.

It's not about quoting Yahtzee to death, or getting used to his jokes. Hell, I was watching the series from the very first episodes, and it was awesome until a few weeks earlier. ZP had it's ups and downs, but this one is different. It's getting shallow and repetitive, with Yahtzee doing nothing but playing Captain Obvious and hating at the wrong direction. That Hitler "joke" wasn't funny at all, for example. Forced, bumpy and semi-boring, ZP is running out of juice fast.

You need a refill, Yahtzee, go have a brake for a few weeks, seriously. Yeah, we will miss the show for the time being, but it will be all for the better, and we'll get some good 'ol ZP power when you get back.

Riley_Tahn

Aug 27, 2008
Did anyone else catch the references to American History X? haha...
I think Yahtzee just saw that movie and liked it, what with all the hitler comments.
=]

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Every thread brings the haters, and the fanboys. And the people inbetween are lost in the cracks.