Zero Punctuation: Yakuza 6 Song of Life

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Worst ZP EVER!

Only 45 seconds long, promotes long defunct shows, has Jim Sterling's face in it - and it's making a whining noise!

Granted, this might be yet another glitch in the Annals of Escapist Glitches, and not the actual ZP episode. In which case, could somebody maybe fix it?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If later readers are interested, as of me posting this, minus a bit, whatever the above are talking about was fixed. Though, not the reply number thingy, which showed 0.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
It's called Song of Life, but there's no musical minigame? Not even a karaoke bar in what's-his-name's not-brothel?

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Though the funny thing is Kazuma was doing the game dad thing about ten years before it became tired Oscar Bait.

Anyway, 6 overall feels kind of like a tech demo, mostly because they switched over to a brand new engine. It's definitely technically impressive, but because of getting used to the new software they really had to scale content back and instead focus on Kazuma.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
Aiddon said:
Though the funny thing is Kazuma was doing the game dad thing about ten years before it became tired Oscar Bait.
If anything he's pushing the envelope further by doing the game granddad thing now.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
You know what I miss? The tag under the video with the name of a game SERIES in it. It makes searching for other games in the same franchise easier (i.e. Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, CoD, Battlefield, etc.)

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Darth_Payn said:
You know what I miss? The tag under the video with the name of a game SERIES in it. It makes searching for other games in the same franchise easier (i.e. Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, CoD, Battlefield, etc.)
You could always just edit/delete a bit of the url from the game title tag

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/yakuza%206?os=yakuza+6

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/yakuza

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
By being on a completely new engine, this game had to sacrifice many content that appeared in the previous games, the explorable area of Kamurocho is smaller (there?s absolutely fuck all to do in Onomichi), there are less substories, and the combat feels extremely dumbed down. Don?t get me wrong, it?s still fun, and I much rather play this than many other games that came out this year.