Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Yoshi Return in Super Smash Bros. 3DS, Wii U - Update

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Interesting they are changing the playstyles of existing characters so drastically.

High heeled samus is fucking dumb though. How would they even fit in her suit?

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I understand the decision to make them separate characters. I look forward to trying them out!
And urg I hate what Team Ninja did to Samus' design, as if she wasn't pandering enough already.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I really hate Zero Suit Samus, and what I hate more is they just reveal her without the effort to unlock that secret. Yes, I'm a Metroid fanboy, shoot me. I do like that they separated the armour and non armour though, so I can feel like I'm killing an imposter :)

Well, this is the one game that I thought might make me a Wii U owner, but I just don't know. I thought I was a Smash Brothers fanboy but it appears I'm just a Melee fanboy, and it's because I love the movement in that game, but this one looks more like Brawl.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
-tilts head at one of the screen shots- Somewhere the Wii Fit Trainer is thinking she needs to take some tips from Samus. Looks like Chozo blood does a LOT of things for one's physical abilities. Also, very hilarious that they had Samus make high heels look practical.

Anyway, interesting that they separated the characters who had alternate forms. Charizard being his own character also makes me wonder about the Pokemon Trainer

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
With the addition of Charizard, I see no reason why Ridley has not made an appearance yet. This Smash Bros. might even give me a reason to buy a super discounted Wii U.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
I feel like, in true post-Other M fashion, Samus's boobs and fanservice keep getting turned up a notch. The high heels continue to bug the living fire out of me.

I almost miss the days when casual gamers didn't even know the awesome warrior in the cool space armor was actually a girl.

And having literally TWO Samuses on an already smaller roster feels... disappointing. You could at least argue that there are multiple versions of Zelda, but this is basically as disappointed as I felt about Dr. Mario being a character taking up a full slot. We don't need two Marios, and we don't need two Samuses.

And Charizard being his own character makes me feel like he just took Ridley's spot. C'mon, Nintendo...

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Fappy said:
Fuck Chrom, give us Lucina!
Why yes, fucking Chrom is how we got Lucina.

I think either Panne or one of the Naga would be more fun as an addition - Marth already has the 'guy who hits stuff with sword' angle covered, it would be nice if the second Fire Emblem character was a class other than Lord.

jaymiechan

Jun 27, 2012
Fuck the high heels. Even worse, it looks like they gave ZS Samus enhanced jiggle physics. http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/zerosuit_samus/screen-3.jpg

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
I feel like making ZSS her own character makes sense from a fighting game perspective. All throughout the video, it became glaringly apparent that the reason Sora teamed with NamcoBandai in the first place was to have a heavier focus on balance and tourney play where needed. ZSS only showed up when either choosing Samus and holding L or using a final Smash.

Let's face it, tourney players don't use Smash balls. Dedicating her to her own character and buffing her stats was probably their way of just cutting out the middle man.

DaViller

Sep 3, 2013
Fappy said:
There's still time for Lucina to make a special appearance! Fuck Chrom, give us Lucina!
There is only one fire emblem awakening character who can bring the required amount of hype and male homoeroticism to make smashbrothers great. He is spoken of as the Vaike.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Charizard is his own character. Holy shit. I need this :D He is likely gonna be a new favourite alongside Luigi.

NotThePANTSU

Apr 4, 2014
Is it just me or did Samus also get breast augmentation to go with her jet-powered heels?

SSB is one of those games I tend to only play with family and I think I'd probably feel a little awkward playing as a character that, in my eyes, looks like a space-themed fetish doll(seriously, the way she contorts herself is just bloody weird); the description of her playstyle makes her sound like the kind of character I'd like however.

Definitely happy that ZS-Samus & Sheik are now their own characters though as I've made a habit of playing as them already (despite not be particularly good with them, much to my teammate's frustration).

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hm. After all this, I wonder how balanced the main 6 characters will be. I'm looking at Fox and Link mostly.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Dark Knifer said:
Interesting they are changing the playstyles of existing characters so drastically.

High heeled Samus is fucking dumb though. How would they even fit in her suit?
Why would you wear high heels inside of a suit? I would assume she puts them on the outside like most people do.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Semi-DemiFiend said:
Why would you wear high heels inside of a suit? I would assume she puts them on the outside like most people do.
Actually if you look closely they AREN'T part of the Zero Suit, they're worn on top of the feet of it:

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/zerosuit_samus/main.png

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/zerosuit_samus/screen-3.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/zerosuit_samus/screen-6.jpg

The bracelets are the same way. It definitely gives a bit of flair to her design