Zetas Cartel Frees Kidnap Victim Following Anonymous Threats

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Volf99 said:
twaddle said:
Volf99 said:
so what if an Anon has American or European members release the intel. What are the cartel going to do?
don't be surprised how deep the Zetas are in both Europe and especially America. Also i think they made themselves clear that they were addressing anonymous that they will start killing people if the names are released. However, if they can get that member and his family into safe protection overseas, they might be able to get the info to someone else to leak it, but they said kill ten people anyways. The very least the group can do is hand the info to the proper authorities. People that they know won't wrongly use the info, this way they can watch these members of the zetas which can lead to future bust, so that if and when it does happen it would have been out of Anon's their hands
If they sneak over the border and kill an American citizen, I think our media would have a sh*t storm about it and that would bring very unwanted attention from the US upon the zetas.
I think your not comprehending the situation my friend. They're a drug cartel. A HUGE notorious one at that. Do you honestly believe they don't have factions of their group in the United States and Europe. And if they are coming to kill you i don't think they are going to advertise their activity like Anon. They will come kill you or your family in a place not surrounded by the public and they will probably make it look like an accident. They are a massive organized organization with high numbers and highly intelligent and capable members who are probably smarter or at least far more knowledgeable than you or me.

edit: and what if the media does blow it up. It's not like we will immediatly send an army down there to take out the whole organization. The U.S. hasn't even finished with Alquaida even though they have been over there for ten years and they are not going to start another war immediately like that

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Fappy said:
This story has proved to me that Anon is incapable of dealing with serious situations as one big anonymous unit (you know, like they are supposed to) when the chips are down. They should stop making the situation worse and leave this kind of stuff to the people who are being paid to do it.

Go back to DDoSing websites and turning in small time pedos. At least your not endangering people's lives that way.
Because Mexico is totally going to deal with those drug cartels themselves. Aaaany day now. Anonymous may be careless, but I can't fault what they're doing here. Standing up to murderous criminals is a good thing. You think nobody's going to get hurt if they just leave them alone?

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
ArchEvilAngel said:
Volf99 said:
twaddle said:
Volf99 said:
so what if an Anon has American or European members release the intel. What are the cartel going to do?
don't be surprised how deep the Zetas are in both Europe and especially America. Also i think they made themselves clear that they were addressing anonymous that they will start killing people if the names are released. However, if they can get that member and his family into safe protection overseas, they might be able to get the info to someone else to leak it, but they said kill ten people anyways. The very least the group can do is hand the info to the proper authorities. People that they know won't wrongly use the info, this way they can watch these members of the zetas which can lead to future bust, so that if and when it does happen it would have been out of Anon's their hands
If they sneak over the border and kill an American citizen, I think our media would have a sh*t storm about it and that would bring very unwanted attention from the US upon the zetas.
People die in America every day, and violence near the border isn't all that uncommon. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were able to fly under the radar...
If the Mexican drug cartel kills someone in a place like Alabama, it will be big. The fact that a foreign criminal organization killed an American citizen seems like a dumb move on their part.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Sparrow said:
What nonsense. Like Anon would give a damn if someone who wasn't a member of their precious little club was taken. No matter what good arises from Anonymous they'll always be a pack of childish gobshites to me.
they dont give a damn about the hundreds of poor women and children who are kidnapped and sold as slave in mexico and even the US.

fucking A anon, why don't you ban together , get some combat training and go over and fight them your damn selves if it bothers you? after all, them mask will scare the shit out of them especially, if you wear the WHOLE costume.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
Aeshi said:
Goddamnit. There goes my hope of the Cartels turning all the Anon members into Meat & Lead stew.

Well, I guess if nothing else I can hope that they make good on their threat later on.
Wow just wow, did you even read what you said? Nobody deserves the treatment Los Zetas gives to people. So the next time you try to come up with something witty to say so that people will like you in the forums, just use your fucking head. These people are not a joke. Look up some of the things that these people do to others or what else they do besides drug trafficking.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Volf99 said:
ArchEvilAngel said:
Volf99 said:
twaddle said:
Volf99 said:
People die in America every day, and violence near the border isn't all that uncommon. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were able to fly under the radar...
If the Mexican drug cartel kills someone in a place like Alabama, it will be big. The fact that a foreign criminal organization killed an American citizen seems like a dumb move on their part.
Being from Alabama, i can say, may god have mercy on the cartels if they start shit here.
me and granny got shotguns for a reason!

(it's a joke people)

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
teqrevisited said:
If they know the names of cartel members why don't they tell the appropriate authorities? Murky is the right word here.
it's because the mexican government is so damn corrupt, thats half the reason the US cant do anything down there, and you bet your ass the FBI and CIA would love to fuck those cartels over.

hell, i would love to do something about these terrorist, and thats what they are.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
TestECull said:
Volf99 said:

Like the time they did it earlier this month? Or the one before that?

The cartels operate in America just the same. They don't care. Worst case, from their point of view, is that they lose a few low-level nameless thugs.
Volf99 said:
twaddle said:
Volf99 said:
They have also kidnapped American citizens and the media has barely covered anything about these disappearances.

OpiateChicken

Jul 2, 2009
Deviate said:
While Anon may very well find themselves outmatched here, I have no qualms about pointing at the more vocal ones still going for the cartels and complimenting the size of their testicular fortitude. Secondly... I actually support this. Piss off the cartels as much and as hard as you possibly can. Provoke them into horrific violence.

It'll happen anyway, after all. The Cartels will never just stop being violent and generally horrible organizations, but at the moment it certainly seems like they're not a bloody priority. Provoke them. Hit them as hard and as often as you can, Anon. It'll cause a lot of innocent deaths, certainly... but that will in turn prove that the Cartels need to be decisively dealt with and -real- professionals can take over.

If the Cartels start killing significant enough numbers in the US and Europe, there'll be no choice left but for the major players in the world to come down on them like a ton of bricks. In the end, the Cartels -will- lose and when they do, the violence they are capable of committing will be far less than the current situation.

In short... yes, a lot of innocent deaths short-term... a lot less death and violence long-term.

Hit them hard, Anon. I'll drink to you once your corpse is on the news, then I'll drink to the real professionals who'll take up where you left off.
Well I mean, that is the hope, right?

But here you're dealing with an organization that operates outside of any bounds of law. Their structure necessarily must be fortified and names/aliases disguised fairly well, or else they wouldn't be this powerful.

I think that you're right, eventually the Cartel would lose; you pointed out, though, that there will be a high cost in lives. It's morally debatable whether you should go around spending innocent lives like that, even if it would save more lives in the long run, which is just a prediction.

In the short term, Mexico, and innocent civilans lose; in the long term, the Cartel loses and international policing agencies win.

There are two options for powerful international agencies: intervene now, or wait and see what happens. Both ways have high costs, though. I wonder how much influence the Zetas already have inside the Government and Army? Probably a lot.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, just thinking out loud. There is a lot to consider in terms of costs: money, weapons, power, international security, lives.

I really don't think any Anons should get involved. When there is a very real threat of being tracked down and having 10 people murdered on your behalf because of shit you post online... better to leave that to people who know what the hell they're getting into and have the resources to deal with the consequences.

I really hope nobody other than official agencies have anything to do with the Zetas from here on out. Too many innocent lives lost already.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Fappy said:
This story has proved to me that Anon is incapable of dealing with serious situations as one big anonymous unit (you know, like they are supposed to) when the chips are down. They should stop making the situation worse and leave this kind of stuff to the people who are being paid to do it.

Go back to DDoSing websites and turning in small time pedos. At least your not endangering people's lives that way.
Or rather, since we are talking about a group that started with 4chan here, being small time pedos.

I do worry what Anonymous thinks it is sometimes. You can be the biggest kid on the playground, but put you with the big boys and you're fucked. Internet tough guy is the lowest rung of tough guy.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
If they do have these names, they should release them to the relevant authorities. Sitting on information like that will cost innocent people their lives.

magnuslion

Jun 16, 2009
Lol. Mexican drug cartels...who have computer hackers....funniest bullshit I have ever read.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Zetas Cartel Frees Kidnap Victim Following Anonymous Threats
I've seen this sort of thing happen before:

A group of tourists (guided by an irresponsible local) feed sharks off the coast of some vacation paradise, because it's super neat to draw them in real close for pictures and stuff. They stay back where it's safe, no one gets hurt, and everyone's happy... until the sharks come back to the area again, but a little closer to the tourist area, and a little less afraid of people. After enough time, lots of innocent people pay the price for a few "tourists" getting their kicks and leaving before the consequences take hold.

Anonymous is playing the hero, poking the bear, feeding the sharks. And then they can just sit back... while other people get drawn into the crossfire.

If you have information that can help, or you know how to get it, do it. Give that information to the authorities that have the power to actually use it. Don't use that information as a weapon in your selfish little publicity hunt.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Daverson said:
If they do have these names, they should release them to the relevant authorities. Sitting on information like that will cost innocent people their lives.
Release it to who? There is a great deal of corruption in Mexico. Sending a list of names to someone in a position to do something about it could very well just be giving information about the cartel...to the cartel.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
Volf99 said:
twaddle said:
Volf99 said:
Considering that we have a steady stream of Mexicans pouring over our borders illegally and millions that are already here, it would be extremely easy for them to carry out something like that, but not likely. More likely they would drop a name and address to a contact that is already here in the states in a gang in an area relatively close to the victim.

The next morning the American media would report on the "brutal (possibly) gang related home invasion that left four dead but has the police at a loss for leads" and the only people who knew what happened are the killers, the cartel, and the dead.

It wouldn't be the first time or the last.

Insurance Salesman

Sep 15, 2009
And hell, even if they couldn't get at an especially annoying Anon member they could just kill 10 Mexicans in his place and call it a day. It's not like that'd bother them or anything, considering all the practice they've had.