Zod's Secret Identity Revealed For New Superman Film

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Honestly one of the best actors on Boardwalk Empire. Great choice.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Whoever he's playing, this guy is one hell of a good actor.

Should be in for a treat, providing Snyder doesn't try to cram too much story/special effects into it

Edit: To avoid confusion about the story part, I think that Snyder over saturated Sucker Punch with trying to cram story into it. It turned out a mess.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Lex Luthor is overexposed in movies. He should be scheming in the background for at least two movies before coming out in the third and doing something that doesn't involve a real estate scam.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Christopher Walken would have made a better Zod. One line plus his steely gaze and Superman would be begging him to take over the Earth.

Personally, I was hoping for Darkseid.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
This guy knows his craft. I liked his part in Revolutionary Road. This movie has a lot of potential. Oh, and i think that Smallville´s Zod shouldnt be discarded. The show might have its problems, but Callum Blue´s portrayal of the iconic villain was not one of them.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
The Gentleman said:
EDIT: you might need to move the slider for that first second.
Just because he's not the villain doesn't mean he might not actually be in the film you know. Besides, Lex is a pretty big part of the Superman mythos. We just haven't ever really seen the character developed farther than greedy, brilliant land owner in the films. Hunt down, All-Star Superman to see Lex at his finest.

marcogodinho said:
This guy knows his craft. I liked his part in Revolutionary Road. This movie has a lot of potential. Oh, and i think that Smallville´s Zod shouldnt be discarded. The show might have its problems, but Callum Blue´s portrayal of the iconic villain was not one of them.
He's probably among the few actors who make that show worth watching.
I'm kinda disappointed that Mortenson didn't get the part, but from what I've seen of him on Broadwalk Empire, I think he could do the role justice. Also, there might be rumours that other villains in the movie may be General Lane (Lois Lane's father) and Metallo, a cyborg powered by Kryptonite.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
I want Doomsday. I don't care what anyone says, I want to see them blow the entire budget onan awesome fight with Superman and Doomsday.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Quantum Roberts said:
I'm kinda disappointed that Mortenson didn't get the part, but from what I've seen of him on Broadwalk Empire, I think he could do the role justice. Also, there might be rumours that other villains in the movie may be General Lane (Lois Lane's father) and Metallo, a cyborg powered by Kryptonite.
Well, at least they´re giving Superman something to hit. That was the one thing i though that failed in Superman Returns...it was light in the action department. Now with Zod and possibly Metallo we can finally see Supes leveling a building with a badguy´s face :)
I like Luthor, but i´m glad that Snyder and Nolan are bringing in a villain who can be a ciminal mastermind AND kick some ass.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
marcogodinho said:
Quantum Roberts said:
Well, at least they´re giving Superman something to hit. That was the one thing i though that failed in Superman Returns...it was light in the action department. Now with Zod and possibly Metallo we can finally see Supes leveling a building with a badguy´s face :)
I like Luthor, but i´m glad that Snyder and Nolan are bringing in a villain who can be a ciminal mastermind AND kick some ass.
No doubt about the lack of action. I like how Singer was able to make normal people who went up against Superman a threat, the gattling gun scene was damn awesome, but at then end of the day it was just Superman fighting a mountain of Kryptonite. I really do hope that Lex eventually finds his way into the film and any possible franchise that it might produce, simply cause if Brainiac ever does make an appearance it would be great to see them team up like they did in the comics and the Justice League cartoon.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Spangles said:
Mahorfeus said:
Honestly, I was fine with Superman Returns. The idea of them rebooting it so soon kinda kills me on the inside.
Superman Returns sucked monkey balls..... Lifting a FULL ISLAND of Kryptonite whilst having some jammed in to his side.... where's the peril if he can actually do that, REGARDLESS of his willpower and want... and Spacy's Luther (excellent actor that he is) was an abomination.... little more than a street thug...and the less said about Miss Bland and kid the better.

EDIT.... the fact that you can actually say the words "Honestly, I was fine with Superman Returns....".. PROVES how much of a slurper of Primate genetalia it was!

If you'd REALLY enjoyed it you should have been saying... "WOW, Superman Returns... that was AWESOME!!!111!!!"... but no, it was 'fine'. That's NOT a good sign dude, believe me.
WOW, Superman Returns... that was AWESOME!!!111!!!

Compared to spinning around the world to reverse time, throwing cellophane S's at bad guys and fighting a lame-ass villain conceived because the lead actor wanted to be in an eco-friendly movie, I'll keep my kryptonite-lifting piece of crap.

DarthZod

Nov 4, 2010
Sweet!
and as previously stated Callum Blues portrayal of Zod was awesome and shouldnt be discarded at all. His season was, imo, the best smallville season of them all.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
ZEEL BEFOR KNOD!

Wait; that's not right.

Seriously, though, are the gonna reboot this damn franchise every second movie?

I mean at least they had an excuse the first time: Superman III and IV were travesties to such a degree most people literally refuse to believe they ever existed.