Zombie MMO's: Yes or No?

Weasellord21

Apr 8, 2009
I figure its about time someone created a full blown zombie mmo. What features/ideas would you include in one?

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
But when you think about it...Zombies arent that great....they only good to get killed...

voirdire

Mar 29, 2009
I think they already have. I can't remember the name, but it's pretty much text based with limited graphics. Someone probably knows what I'm talking about.

Weasellord21

Apr 8, 2009
true but i think it should focus on survival more than just your standard point and shooter.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Welcome to the escapist OP!
By zombie mmo I assume you mean like an mmo version of Left4dead? I think that would be a great idea.

voirdire

Mar 29, 2009
A Google search netted me a beta version of one. It's called Dead Frontier.

I'm new so I don't know if posting links to other sites is against the rules here. So just Google it.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
what exactly would the zombie class have? special rings and armors? would they be of sound enough mind to put them on? or would they absorb the living's powers?

3rd rung

Feb 20, 2009
I would honestly love just a staight MMO survival game based on finding food and weapons all open work AI based zombies clan would just be Surviors raids are raiding arties to get supplies this honestly has potentail to be great and would be one of the only MMOs I would play. I f they do it right. I would not want some crap with quests like fidn 5 zombie arms that would piss me off but if it was just played as if you are in a zombie holocaust would be great

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
3rd rung said:
I would honestly love just a staight MMO survival game based on finding food and weapons all open work AI based zombies clan would just be Surviors raids are raiding arties to get supplies this honestly has potentail to be great and would be one of the only MMOs I would play. I f they do it right. I would not want some crap with quests like fidn 5 zombie arms that would piss me off but if it was just played as if you are in a zombie holocaust would be great
Fallout with more zombies and a group with you at all times?

molester jester

Sep 4, 2008
voirdire said:
I think they already have. I can't remember the name, but it's pretty much text based with limited graphics. Someone probably knows what I'm talking about.
sounds like that might be Urban dead you're describing, its a text based MMO with players taken the side of either surviors or zombies

3rd rung

Feb 20, 2009
Vault boy Eddie said:
3rd rung said:
I am thinking third person, open world style, kind of sand box, you have to find guns and ammo and food, I think the game itself would best be played as a laggit straight survival game not dumb ass quests but its all about survivng as if you were dropped into a apocalypse.

voirdire

Mar 29, 2009
3rd rung said:
Vault boy Eddie said:
3rd rung said:
I am thinking third person, open world style, kind of sand box, you have to find guns and ammo and food, I think the game itself would best be played as a laggit straight survival game not dumb ass quests but its all about survivng as if you were dropped into a apocalypse.
Well you're going to have to have 'quests' or 'missions' or something to make things interesting. It's kind of like playing GTA but without any story.