Zombie Protesters Settle Court Case For $165,000

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
Winning $165000 for protesting "mindless consumerism," I can smell the irony from here.
Weapon of Mass Destruction?!?!?!?!

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
See. Everyone cheers for the zombies, but has any one of you thought that's just their new plan for zombie apocalypse? They already know that the standard uprising with dead corpses storming the streets won't work due to everyone and their hamster being familiar with all those games and movies that show how to deal with such danger. Now they are just going to perform a hostile takeover of our brains. Buy us out, change the laws to allow brain eating without consent, Zombies Incorporated will soon take over the world!

colourcodedchaos

Jun 20, 2008
PayJ567 said:
What a load of bullshit. Those fuckers don't deserve any money. If a bunch of 10 year olds went into a shopping centre dressed as zombies and pissed a load of people off and the police can and scared them about their consequences, who would care? People would be happy that they are teaching those kids a lesson.

So why the fuck are all the adults such delicate fucking flowers? You deserve a cash settlement if something happened to you that has put you out of work or what ever so you cannot earn money for yourself.

Being "traumatized" by fucking policemen does not deserve a big cash settle. What a load of bullshit this is and these people can kindly fuck off with their money and stop being such babies to get money.
It's not a "bunch of kids dressed as zombies", it's a legitimate protest against capitalism. I'm going to assume that you know of the right to peaceful protest and, indeed, of the right to free assembly -- no, sorry, that's a ridiculous assumption, since if you did, then you wouldn't have made such a blatantly idiotic post. And if you seriously believe that the police don't traumatize people when they feel like it, then frankly I'm surprised you can read.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Anyone who protests "mindless consumerism" after they just bought fake blood and face paint, and ripped perfectly good clothes up, deserves a shot in the head.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Hey maybe I should sue the county for hauling me into jail for several hours because the deputy was an idiot.

To bad it happened so long ago. I should take out a frustrating day on an idiot cop more often, seems like it pays to be wrongfully arrested. I don't know if I can pull of the excessively whiny sob story through.

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
Personally I doubt they would use the settlement money for 'mindless consumerism'. Seriously, what normal person wouldn't use a 1/5 cut of $165,000 to pay off your average person's debts? I'd think a five way cut would just about clear a mortgage, student loans, and such forth, maybe with a thousand or so to spare.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
Good: Police should use discretion, and this was overkill (ANYtime you put a peaceful protester in jail, it is overkill.)

Bad: When the zombie apocalypse comes...what then?

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Zombie Protesters Settle Court Case For $165,000

Zombies that were improperly arrested four years ago have gotten their just deserts in a recent court case settlement.
Not to be a nitpicker, but that's desserts.

On topic, I suppose it was blown out of proportion to begin with, so getting a bit of cash isn't such a bad thing.

Redratson

Jun 23, 2009
Ahahahaha this is awesome, I wonder who else is goin to fight for rights after the zombies.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, at least they got a settlement...it took its time but finally justice was done