Zombies Ate My Neighbors - The Height of B-Movie Video Games

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Zombies Ate My Neighbors - The Height of B-Movie Video Games

There are always B-movies that are so campy or bad that they are fondly remembered. And then there is that rare video game that follows the same formula, with the same results.

Read Full Article

pressfarttocontinue

Feb 26, 2015
My favorite ridiculous horror movie video game would have to be Night Trap.

Although Zombies Ate My Neighbors was an incredibly ambitious and complex pursuit for that particular video game era.

Brandon Morse

Feb 21, 2015
Didn't realize until I had played it again recently, but this is Dead Rising's daddy in almost every regard.

Tatsuki

Nov 9, 2014
Dear god the memories that come flooding back when I saw that picture.

I had forgot this beauty existed, I didn't own it but a friend did. I owe this game so much because it was what made me realise that multi-player should be a co-op experience, not competitive. Sitting with friends playing together was how I spent many nights and I fear I may track this down and play with some friends again soon... though this time involving alcohol and a projector screen... you know... how it really should be played.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
Wait a second... I know they censored the SNES version, but did they actually change hair colors? The kid-on-trampoline neighbor was red-haired in the Genesis version. Why on earth would THAT be considered objectionable?

PixelMetal

Jul 10, 2012
Recusant said:
Wait a second... I know they censored the SNES version, but did they actually change hair colors? The kid-on-trampoline neighbor was red-haired in the Genesis version. Why on earth would THAT be considered objectionable?
If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the hair color change was more due to color differences and limitations between the hardware on each platform.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
... like an ax-throwing infant ...
They were evil dolls, like Chucky from Child's Play.

I loved the hell outta this game back in the day. I'll have to see if I still have my copy of it somewhere.

Height of Hawthorne

Apr 22, 2015
kajinking said:
Ok seriously is this on PC yet with a save option? I'd love to play this again.
While I'd love to see a re-release on Steam, I doubt the following has quite that much sway. There's always the emulator route though. Savestates make a viable save solution.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
It's neat and I love the visuals, but I disagree on the grounds that the game starts dragging on forever and the later levels are kind of cheesed to hell

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Ha, my brother holds the current tool-assist speedrun record for that game. It's pretty fun, but I think the time he finished the run using the tools is the second time we ever beat that game entirely. That game is hard as balls and you can't save.

The codes won't even do you any good, because all they'll do is place you in the later levels with a squirt gun and a medkit; woefully unprepared to face giant graboid-monsters that can only be damaged by advanced weaponry.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
this is the one game me and my sister could play together, we beat it only once but dear god that summer was amazing.

Sep 24, 2008
This game.

I never felt so bad ass and so bemused before. I really loved this game. tongue in cheek camp > brash insensitive swarm of today.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
DigitalSoapbox said:
Recusant said:
If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the hair color change was more due to color differences and limitations between the hardware on each platform.
A reasonable assumption. Incorrect, though; I had a buddy of mine fire up the SNES version and we did a side-by-side image comparison; unless Lizzy's been playing on a malfunctioning TV or has a color perception problem, both versions are bright red. Not like ginger at all.