The Shattered Elden Ring Thread: Tarnished Edition - (Shadow of the Erdtree p. 85)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

(Rough) Translation for the interview linked in the article:
Bigger isn't better in this case tbh. ER was too big with too much redundancy and this DLS could have been a nice tight Souls-like expansion where you take that ER experience and compress it into a difficult but tight experience.

Reactions: FakeSympathy
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Bigger isn't better in this case tbh. ER was too big with too much redundancy and this DLS could have been a nice tight Souls-like expansion where you take that ER experience and compress it into a difficult but tight experience.
Well there’s still a chance of that happening, as it will probably be the size you might've wanted from base game in the first place, or even smaller. :)

Reactions: Dalisclock
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Thematically it appears that Miyazaki could be merging his fondness of Bloodborne with Elden Ring -

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Welp, I'm just a few bosses shy of finally beating the core game. Gideon, Godfrey, Radagon, and the Elden Beast are all that stand between me and NG+. I say that with the feigned level of confidence that it's inevitable I might actually finally beat this fucking game.

NOW, the DLC is looming, and I'm torn: [try to] beat it now, or wait until the DLC drops. I'm leaning heavily towards the latter. 1.) I don't want to experience the DLC on NG+ since it will almost certainly have a higher difficulty spike already, and 2.) despite having made it this far, I'm under no illusion that I might calk walk on a new NG back to the DLC's access point because of course FROM puts the new shit behind nigh endgame progress. My luck, I'd beat the game, buy the DLC, then struggle on any number of bosses that gave me shit during this first go, and not be able to appreciate my purchase for another 6 months (and that's even a generous estimate.)

Yeah, I think I'll probably have a go at Gideon and Godfrey, and if I manage them, I'll twiddle my thumbs until the DLC.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Welp, I'm just a few bosses shy of finally beating the core game. Gideon, Godfrey, Radagon, and the Elden Beast are all that stand between me and NG+. I say that with the feigned level of confidence that it's inevitable I might actually finally beat this fucking game.

NOW, the DLC is looming, and I'm torn: [try to] beat it now, or wait until the DLC drops. I'm leaning heavily towards the latter. 1.) I don't want to experience the DLC on NG+ since it will almost certainly have a higher difficulty spike already, and 2.) despite having made it this far, I'm under no illusion that I might calk walk on a new NG back to the DLC's access point because of course FROM puts the new shit behind nigh endgame progress. My luck, I'd beat the game, buy the DLC, then struggle on any number of bosses that gave me shit during this first go, and not be able to appreciate my purchase for another 6 months (and that's even a generous estimate.)

Yeah, I think I'll probably have a go at Gideon and Godfrey, and if I manage them, I'll twiddle my thumbs until the DLC.
Like other Souls games NG+ doesn’t happen automatically after beating the game. Technically you’re already fine where you’re at to play the DLC anyways, since the only real prerequisites are defeating Radahn and Mohg. Anywhere from 100-150 are considered suitable levels for it, and with a separate leveling system odds are it’ll be its own thing in terms of actual difficulty. Basically the more it’s engaged with the lesser its effects will be.

Some good tidbits here in the meantime -