Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League announcement

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Alright, here we go. The second game announcement from DC so far.

You know, I honestly wasn't expecting this from rocksteady. I thought this would be a gritty dark adventure game given their history with Arkham series. Although their mission sounds just as dangerous as their typical adventures, I wasn't expecting the mood to have a dark comedy. I like the fact that the whole concept is to take down the justice league, and not just superman. Since it is in Arkham universe, I guess that means no fighting Batman

No gameplay here, but I'd say this looks more interesting than the Gotham Knights and the Avengers.

Reactions: gorfias

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Sorry but I just can't buy the idea that some fucking D-listers like Sharkface, Hitgirl, I Never Miss, and The Australian One, have anything remotely close to a chance to actually do what they've been tasked to do. Namely kill a god tier power that can destroy fucking planets. I mean unless Harley's hiding a kryptonite buttplug and some ben wa balls up her holes, I don't see how this is anything more than just a farce before they are fried instantly from orbit.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This feels somewhat off. It could be good but like I get they probably needed traversal stuff for gameplay reasons but wouldn't it make more sense to give Deadshot the grappling gun and Harley the Jetpack and you know Deadshot is the gun expert and never misses while Harley if she misses she's gonna splat.

Also King Shark sounded too with it and human rather than sort of animalistic and not caring most of the time other than the odd line here and there.

Rocksteady have done enough that I'm willing to not dismiss it right out of hand and will see more but I'm a little nervous with this one based on the trailer.

Also just because Will Smith played Deadshot as Will Smith doesn't mean they have to copy that portrayal. We could still have had a black deadshot but one who was more the professional Deadshot of the Arkhamverse (Assault on Arkham) or the near suicidal deathwish Deadshot of the comics who doesn't give a shit about living but wants to go down making sure he protects others or that he dies so others don't.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Pretty sure this isn't the Arkham universe?

Anyway, maybe a little disappointed with this. It looks identical to the Gotham Knights and Avengers games. I expected more considering its Rocksteady.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I don't like the model for Harley. Why do developers always make her look bad? I only liked her model in Arkham City.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Sorry but I just can't buy the idea that some fucking D-listers like Sharkface, Hitgirl, I Never Miss, and The Australian One, have anything remotely close to a chance to actually do what they've been tasked to do. Namely kill a god tier power that can destroy fucking planets. I mean unless Harley's hiding a kryptonite buttplug and some ben wa balls up her holes, I don't see how this is anything more than just a farce before they are fried instantly from orbit.
I’m with you. This merry band of Fuck Ups would be lucky to do in Vigilante or Shining Knight, but the core members of the Justice League? Pull the other one, it’s got fucking bells on it.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Cause this is the Arkham Universe suicide Squad
I'm lost. That sounds like an answer to the question "why isn't this in the Arkham Universe?", not an answer to "why can't they fight Batman?"

I'm asking the latter. What happened to the Arkham Universe Batman?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'm lost. That sounds like an answer to the question "why isn't this in the Arkham Universe?", not an answer to "why can't they fight Batman?"

Could be another version of the infamous “Bat-embargo” that also affected the DCAU for a time. A bit of rights or publishing tomfoolery.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Ah sorry my bad I thought you were asking why people were saying it wasn't n the Arkham Universe.

You're right they could end up fighting Batman if it's not the Arkham Universe. They could in the Arkham Universe but only before Arkham Knight.

Arkham Universe Batman gets infected with Titan contaminated Joker Blood and ends up getting unmasked by Scarecrow, after he defeats Scarecrow he blow up Wayne Manor seemingly killing himself with the possible implication that he was worried about the contaminated Joker blood affecting his mind and turning him against everyone he loves. The end implies Azrael has taken over as Batman.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Ah sorry my bad I thought you were asking why people were saying it wasn't n the Arkham Universe.

You're right they could end up fighting Batman if it's not the Arkham Universe. They could in the Arkham Universe but only before Arkham Knight.

Arkham Universe Batman gets infected with Titan contaminated Joker Blood and ends up getting unmasked by Scarecrow, after he defeats Scarecrow he blow up Wayne Manor seemingly killing himself with the possible implication that he was worried about the contaminated Joker blood affecting his mind and turning him against everyone he loves. The end implies Azrael has taken over as Batman.
Conversely, the ending may imply that the scarecrow fear gas may have separated the part of Bruce Wayne's psyche that was Batman from the rest of his consciousness. He is able to defeat Scarecrow's fear gas because Batman doesn't have any fear, only Bruce Wayne does. He then fakes his own death by blowing up Wayne Manor, but continues fighting crime, using scarecrows fear gas in his arsenal to strike fear into the heart of criminals, because being a symbol of fear for criminals was always Batman's purpose.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Conversely, the ending may imply that the scarecrow fear gas may have separated the part of Bruce Wayne's psyche that was Batman from the rest of his consciousness. He is able to defeat Scarecrow's fear gas because Batman doesn't have any fear, only Bruce Wayne does. He then fakes his own death by blowing up Wayne Manor, but continues fighting crime, using scarecrows fear gas in his arsenal to strike fear into the heart of criminals, because being a symbol of fear for criminals was always Batman's purpose.
It also may imply

That the whole "Turning into the Joker" thing wasn't real and was just the effect of Fear Gas from the beginning on Batman's mind as in City Batman used the Lazarus Pitt water to cure himself of the degeneration he was suffering after being injected by Joker Blood. The whole sequence was Batman conquering what was at that point his greatest fear, becoming the Joker but more dangerous. He blew up the mansion faking his death to leave so everyone else could carry on with their lives, it's possible he also left with Catwoman as she has no scenes in the ending from what I remember.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That's not what I got out of it at all.

I thought he successfully banished joker and locked him away in his mind. He was unmasked, yes, but he explicitly had a trap door he fell through right before the mansion exploded.

I thought the end was still Batman, just using new tactics, like fear gas...

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Just so we're clear; what I meant was that the concept looks better compared to the Gotham Knights. I have to agree that there's more that remains to be seen.

And in one of those short skits they do in between trailers, the guy from rocksteady confirmed that this happens in the Arkham universe. Take that as you will

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It also may imply

That the whole "Turning into the Joker" thing wasn't real and was just the effect of Fear Gas from the beginning on Batman's mind as in City Batman used the Lazarus Pitt water to cure himself of the degeneration he was suffering after being injected by Joker Blood. The whole sequence was Batman conquering what was at that point his greatest fear, becoming the Joker but more dangerous. He blew up the mansion faking his death to leave so everyone else could carry on with their lives, it's possible he also left with Catwoman as she has no scenes in the ending from what I remember.
I can't speak to anything about Catwoman's ending because I never bothered getting enough of the riddler trophies to finish her side quest. It's the only sidequest in the game that I didn't 100%.