Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League announcement

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry but I just can't buy the idea that some fucking D-listers like Sharkface, Hitgirl, I Never Miss, and The Australian One, have anything remotely close to a chance to actually do what they've been tasked to do. Namely kill a god tier power that can destroy fucking planets. I mean unless Harley's hiding a kryptonite buttplug and some ben wa balls up her holes, I don't see how this is anything more than just a farce before they are fried instantly from orbit.
A few routes they could go down; you're not trying to kill Supes, just break the hold Brainiac has, Supes can't fight to 100% because he's subconsciously fighting the mind control, its not actually Superman but a very sophisticated Brainiac robot...Comic book rules man, you can just make up anything

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
A few routes they could go down; you're not trying to kill Supes, just break the hold Brainiac has, Supes can't fight to 100% because he's subconsciously fighting the mind control, its not actually Superman but a very sophisticated Brainiac robot...Comic book rules man, you can just make up anything
I'm well aware they can asspull whatever excuse they want to justify someone beating someone else, just look at Batman being considered "equal" to literal gods in that universe. Doesn't mean it's not stupid. Harley has a bat...a fucking baseball bat.

But if you toss in a metric ton of handicaps, up to and including "it's not actually superman", then my point still stands. They have no chance, unless you cripple the opponent so much they might as well not even BE superman.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
But if you toss in a metric ton of handicaps, up to and including "it's not actually superman", then my point still stands. They have no chance, unless you cripple the opponent so much they might as well not even BE superman.
I'd be willing to bet you that "Kill the Justice League" is the overhyped title that will actually turn out to be capturing/incapacitating them or releasing them from some alien power, or that they aren't the real Justice League, but copies with a fraction of the power made by some enemy force.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Edited post. Mistake made.

So I guess this Captain Boomerang has super speed.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I'd be willing to bet you that "Kill the Justice League" is the overhyped title that will actually turn out to be capturing/incapacitating them or releasing them from some alien power, or that they aren't the real Justice League, but copies with a fraction of the power made by some enemy force.
Well I mean of course they aren't ACTUALLY going to kill Superman. This is comic books, nobody ever stays dead for anything longer than a short nap. But they specifically said in the trailer "assassinate", which means they are going to TRY and kill him, and we are supposed to buy into the idea that they actually have the brains and abilities to pull that shit off. Which is just stupid in my opinion. The 4 of them are barely tougher than the faceless mooks they were ignoring in the trailer. In fact Harley probably isn't stronger than them, because I don't care what DC thinks, insanity isn't a superpower. So she's just a damaged chick with a wooden stick....that broke halfway through this trailer.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Before seeing the trailer, the synopsis sounded a bit like someone got a little inspired by The Boys in the idea department. After seeing the trailer, those feelings have not been dissuaded.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
That trailer looked really lame. Granted I have zero interest in any of those stupid characters but it also seemed to be aimed at much younger audiences than Arkham Knight was. Who is this for? The Fortnite or Overwatch demographic? Rocksteady knows how to make awesome Batman games so I actually feel a bit sad they have been working for 7 years on this crap by the time it comes out. The Gotham Knights game by WB doesn't look a whole lot better. DC is really trying to push those side characters even if they all suck. Probably gonna be a good 10 years before we finally see a real Batman game again. *sigh*

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
This is comic books, nobody ever stays dead for anything longer than a short nap.
That's one of my main problems with many comic books. If nobody dies or any number of other things can be reset then there's no such thing as consequences, so who cares what happens?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Quite a departure from the Batman Arkham games, but alright.

I suppose my biggest surprise is the lack of gameplay. If they aren't ready to show the game off yet, and Arkham Knight came out in 2015, and this game still needs another two years in the oven until it is ready to come out, what has Rocksteady been doing for five years?

And apparently, this game can be played solo, or with up to three friends in co-op, and for games like these, for me, the entire experience lives or dies based on how well the game is balanced for solo play, and how smart your AI buddies are.

But, I guess we will have to wait to see some actual gameplay, before we can make any real judgements.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Edited post. Mistake made.

So I guess this Captain Boomerang has super speed.
I'm going with teleportation I mean Amanda Waller does let them have some experimental toys to and extent sometimes.

Well I mean of course they aren't ACTUALLY going to kill Superman. This is comic books, nobody ever stays dead for anything longer than a short nap. But they specifically said in the trailer "assassinate", which means they are going to TRY and kill him, and we are supposed to buy into the idea that they actually have the brains and abilities to pull that shit off. Which is just stupid in my opinion. The 4 of them are barely tougher than the faceless mooks they were ignoring in the trailer. In fact Harley probably isn't stronger than them, because I don't care what DC thinks, insanity isn't a superpower. So she's just a damaged chick with a wooden stick....that broke halfway through this trailer.
King Shark is technically a Demigod sort of (his Father was "God of all Sharks") but yeh the lineup in this game vs Superman, unless you've given Deadshot a whole clip worth of Kryptonite Ammo you've basically got not chance against Supes with the trailer lineup.

That's one of my main problems with many comic books. If nobody dies or any number of other things can be reset then there's no such thing as consequences, so who cares what happens?
That's kinda why I like the Suicide Squad comics at least what I've read so far.
I mean they do bring in a magic way to cheat death but where I've got to they've found one big drawback from it that while it does bring up back it also gives them ~18 months before they die again and can't be resurrected again. It also is only used sometimes so some characters can just be killed off on a mission and they're gone. It's a sort of way to cull the DC villain roster of some of the minor villains.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm well aware they can asspull whatever excuse they want to justify someone beating someone else, just look at Batman being considered "equal" to literal gods in that universe. Doesn't mean it's not stupid. Harley has a bat...a fucking baseball bat.

One of the better ideas I've heard for this game is that Supes is the biggest bad, and he'll act like an unkillable monster that hounds you throughout the game, ala Mr. X from Resident Evil or the Alien from Alien Isolation.

I trust Rocksteady enough to treat Superman with some "respect", so I'll wait and see exactly how the Squad deals with him.

Also, different topic, but I just realized that for a Suicide Squad game, it doesn't seem like they have enough members to kill off? Unless they do have other Squadmates who we can't play as, but then it would be quite obvious that they're gonna die.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble