A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Hang on, with the FBI now involved, how is this not putting him in any legal trouble??

The FBI has opened an investigation into a Colorado GOP election official who’s accused of helping facilitate a leak of highly sensitive election data.

Unfortunately for the FBI, the official at the center of the probe, Mesa County clerk Tina Peters, is “holed up” in a safe house provided by pillow salesman and conspiracy theorist Mike Lindell.

Lindell told VICE News that he had initially taken Peters to Texas following his three-day Cyber Symposium last week, where the Colorado official was a star attraction. But a disgruntled member of Lindell’s own security team leaked Peters’ location earlier this week and so she was moved to another, unknown, location.

“She's worried about her safety, these people are ruthless,” Lindell told VICE News on Wednesday evening, referring to Dominion Voting Systems—which is suing the MyPillow CEO for $1.3 billion—and to Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold, who has opened an investigation into Peters’ actions.

On Tuesday, the FBI announced it was working with the District Attorney’s office in Colorado “on the forensic review and analysis of county voting systems to determine if there was a potential federal criminal violation,” FBI Denver office spokeswoman Courtney Bernal told the Denver Post.

Bernal did not respond to VICE News’ request for comment on whether the office had been able to speak to Peters, or if Lindell could face prosecution for his role in both promoting the stolen data and preventing Peters from being questioned.
VICE News’ repeated calls to Peters’ cell phone this week went straight to voicemail, and Lindell confirmed that she has been advised not to comment on the current situation, though not from him.

“I wanted her to go out there right away and say it, but she is getting advice from other people, too,” Lindell said.
Peters has been accused of allowing someone who was not an employee of the county to access a secure room where voting machines are stored and permitting them to copy sensitive information from those machines. Days later, while employees from Dominion were performing a routine software upgrade on the machine, the same person, Gerald Wood, was allowed into the room. While inside, he captured video of the upgrade taking place.

The video and the copied data were then leaked to Ron Watkins, the former administrator of 8kun, the website where QAnon flourished.

Peters is also accused of ordering staff to turn off surveillance cameras in the room prior to bringing the outsider in.
Griswold, the secretary of state, launched an investigation into the matter last week, but when her officials went to meet Peters and inspect the equipment, the clerk was not present.

That’s because she was on Lindell’s private jet, flying to the MyPillow CEO’s Cyber Symposium in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
At the conference, Peters was a headline attraction, appearing on stage on all three days of the event. Also appearing at the event was Watkins, who presented the data that had been leaked from Mesa County.

Lindell’s Cyber Symposium was, by any measure, a disaster. He invited dozens of cybersecurity experts and members of the media to the event, promising that he would finally, after five months of hype, produce hard evidence that China had hacked the U.S. election.

But that data never appeared and one of the experts Lindell had hired to verify the data, called it “illegitimate.”
This week Lindell admitted that the source of the data was a man named Dennis Montgomery, a known con artist.
So now Lindell has put all his energy into the data from Mesa County, claiming it will prove something, though even he doesn’t seem to be able to articulate exactly what that something is.

“We are doing all kinds of investigating right now, so it will be, … a lot of stuff’s gonna come out,” Lindell said. “It will be a big story hopefully heard around the world.”

But despite the many claims made by Lindell, Watkins, and dozens of other pro-Trump conspiracy theorists over the last 10 months, there’s still no hard evidence of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 elections. In fact, the election has been called “the most secure in American history” by the man charged with protecting it.

Peters was among those who have been spreading baseless conspiracies about the election, but despite being accused of helping leak official election data to a QAnon promoter, she still appears to have a large support base in Mesa County. The Daily Sentinel reported Wednesday that “a large group of Mesa County residents asked the county commissioners to condemn Griswold for her investigation and to stand behind Peters, saying the clerk is a hero for trying to uncover cracks in the state’s election system.” And this Saturday, supporters will hold a “patriot rally” for Peters.

Lindell said he was hopeful that the investigation his team is conducting will be finished by the end of this week and then they will “put it out everywhere in the media, everywhere.”
But when asked exactly what the “it” is, Lindell admitted that for all his bluster he didn’t really know.
“I'm not the lawyers,” Lindell said. “I haven’t even myself dug into all this stuff.”

Reactions: BrawlMan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Hang on, with the FBI now involved, how is this not putting him in any legal trouble??

Pretty sure it IS putting him in legal trouble, but he's too busy snorting coke and having a schizophrenic episode to comprehend things like details and facts. I'm personally waiting for the day he runs out naked into the streets, claiming the FBI and Bill Gates put a tracking bug in his dick that's going to broadcast a mind controlling beam to dominate the planet. And the only way for him to stop them is to jerk it out on main street during rush hour, while the Supreme Court witnesses it all, and declares the election a fraud based on the content of his semen discharge, and the way it sprayed in the evening air, like some ridiculous oracle performing divination with animal guts.

The man is a fucking lunatic. I would bet good money he's going to try and flee the country in the near future, when all the consequences of his insanity finally come knocking. That's why he's been desperately shilling his pillows for freedom BS, he's trying to scrounge up enough money that he can flee the country and live off in some place where they won't extricate him back to the US.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Pretty sure it IS putting him in legal trouble, but he's too busy snorting coke and having a schizophrenic episode to comprehend things like details and facts. I'm personally waiting for the day he runs out naked into the streets, claiming the FBI and Bill Gates put a tracking bug in his dick that's going to broadcast a mind controlling beam to dominate the planet. And the only way for him to stop them is to jerk it out on main street during rush hour, while the Supreme Court witnesses it all, and declares the election a fraud based on the content of his semen discharge, and the way it sprayed in the evening air, like some ridiculous oracle performing divination with animal guts.

The man is a fucking lunatic. I would bet good money he's going to try and flee the country in the near future, when all the consequences of his insanity finally come knocking. That's why he's been desperately shilling his pillows for freedom BS, he's trying to scrounge up enough money that he can flee the country and live off in some place where they won't extricate him back to the US.
In the Venn diagram between "countries that don't extradite to the USA" and "countries an evangelical Christian would like living in", there are very few examples in the middle category.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Pretty sure it IS putting him in legal trouble, but he's too busy snorting coke and having a schizophrenic episode to comprehend things like details and facts.
Apparently his company has claimed that MyPillow pillows can cure the symptoms of: fibromyalgia, restless legs syndrome, sleep apnoea, cerebral palsy, acid reflux and menopause.

Now, if I were very kind, I could probably work out ways that the pillows could possibly work. For instance, acid reflux is more of a problem when lying down, for the simple reason your stomach acid does not have to counteract gravity to get your throat. But I can't help but think the trick is actually lying with one's torso angled above the horizontal (probably on several pillows) rather than any particular pillow. Maybe you could eat the foam filling and it would float on the top of your stomach fluids to create a physical barrier to fluids getting past and up your oesophagus, like sodium alginate does.

But mostly, I cannot help but think some people are inveterate, grifting hustlers. If that's whose leading the prayers at your church, I'd consider finding a new one.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Apparently his company has claimed that MyPillow pillows can cure the symptoms of: fibromyalgia, restless legs syndrome, sleep apnoea, cerebral palsy, acid reflux and menopause.

Now, if I were very kind, I could probably work out ways that the pillows could possibly work. For instance, acid reflux is more of a problem when lying down, for the simple reason your stomach acid does not have to counteract gravity to get your throat. But I can't help but think the trick is actually lying with one's torso angled above the horizontal (probably on several pillows) rather than any particular pillow. Maybe you could eat the foam filling and it would float on the top of your stomach fluids to create a physical barrier to fluids getting past and up your oesophagus, like sodium alginate does.

But mostly, I cannot help but think some people are inveterate, grifting hustlers. If that's whose leading the prayers at your church, I'd consider finding a new one.
You mean people selling their followers on unfounded claims about stuff that has no backing in reality? Sounds like every church leader by definition.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I'm so glad I never bought any of his pillows. I used to work at a bed bath & beyond they used to have a ton of those. I think they stopped selling them around 2018 or 2019. I don't know why, but odds are they're not going to put those back in stock. Ha, ha.

Reactions: happyninja42

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Strangely enough, I'm not sure he's into the Bill Gates or even mainstream qanon stuff yet, it appears mostly "antifa" pro-Trump election fraud conspiracies so far. But give it enough time I spose. He's certainly a very paranoid and quick to anger person though.

Reactions: happyninja42

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Doing antifa's work, lovely humans!

Logically, as part of our mission to understand and counter harmful online misinformation, conducts continuous research into the networks, channels, and actors that play an outsized role in spreading misinformation and conspiracies. One element of that research program is working to uncover the identities of those who leverage online anonymity to avoid accountability for spreading misinformation and hate speech. GhostEzra is the most extreme, and arguably the most influential such figure that the investigative team has uncovered to date.

GhostEzra, who first appeared online at the end of 2020, has made claims about Jewish control of Big Pharma, the media, and central banking. The account has also claimed that Jews are responsible for both world wars and that the people who “identify as Jewish but are not actually even Jews” have a goal of “total world domination and control.” He has linked his followers multiple times to neo-Nazi propaganda, including a 12-hour film that, among other claims, asserts that Jews created communism with a goal of “total world domination.” As a result, the comments under the account’s Telegram posts now effectively function as a neo-Nazi discussion forum.

Over time, the QAnon influencer’s account has moved from coded antisemitism to posting explicit Nazi propaganda, including outright Holocaust denial and a slew of conspiracy theories that often range from obliquely to explicitly antisemitic. GhostEzra’s conspiratorial interests range widely, with posts touching on conspiracies about the 2020 U.S. election, COVID-19 denialism, claims that Joe Biden is dead and has been replaced by an actor, and that a variety of female celebrities and politicians are actually men.

The man behind the account, Robert Smart, is an evangelical Christian and serial entrepreneur who attends several churches in his local area. He appears to have previously operated at least four other QAnon Twitter accounts, each set up within a day of its predecessor being suspended and each sharing similar identifiers, including almost identical bios, and a similar writing style. All of the accounts identified by Logically as his in some way invoked the identities of individuals frequently lauded by QAnon adherents as significant players or bringers of "the storm," such as Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell, or Ezra Cohen-Watnick.

In the case of the GhostEzra persona, theories that the account belonged to Ezra Cohen-Watnick resulted in his attorney releasing a statement on Twitter denying Cohen-Watnick was involved, which read, “There is a GhostEzra account on Telegram. The usual conspiracy laden QAnon garbage. This is NOT my client @EzraACohen. It is an impersonator & we have asked that the account be removed. Wake up already people. Stop believing everything.”

The faction who follow him closely will be drawn deeper into his ideological bubble, which consists of anti-trans, anti-vax, antisemitic, and white nationalist content. Once these sorts of views become normalized and become part of your everyday consumption, it is not difficult to find other channels and groups on Telegram that are much darker and more dangerous. - Amarnath Amarasingam
GhostEzra was eventually banned on Twitter on the 8th January 2021 with a follower count just shy of 26,000. The first post to his Telegram channel was a mere two days later.

By March 2021, GhostEzra’s channel on Telegram had grown to over 300,000 followers and began racking up a slew of criticism from other QAnon influencers due to the outwardly extreme views expressed there, resulting in accusations alleging that GhostEzra was an agent provocateur who had “infiltrated” QAnon. “Do you see how disinformation ruins our movement?” one QAnon influencer posted referring to GhostEzra, with others saying he “told his subscribers to make antisemitic comments all over Telegram to smear the truth movement.”

As such, GhostEzra appeared to operate independently of other QAnon influencers, said Amarnath Amarasingam, assistant professor in the school of religion at Queen’s University, adding that GhostEzra began “routinely bad mouthing and separating himself from others on the far-right.” As such, Amarasingam believes that the account achieved a degree of separation from other QAnon influencers. “Like with all movements, you are going to see factionalism once the main “leader” goes away, and the fault lines of this factionalism usually have to do with “purity”. [GhostEzra] routinely criticizes other influencers as basically sellouts, as not true to the heart of the movement.”

GhostEzra’s channel also served as an ideal venue for further radicalization of disenchanted QAnon adherents, according to Amarasingham: “for one, the faction who follow him closely will be drawn deeper into his ideological bubble, which consists of anti-trans, anti-vax, antisemitic, and white nationalist content. Second, once these sorts of views become normalized and become part of your everyday consumption, it is not difficult to find other channels and groups on Telegram that are much darker and more dangerous.”

Despite GhostEzra’s true identity long eluding QAnon adherents and conspiracy researchers alike, Logically was able to reveal GhostEzra’s identity by following a trail of open-source intelligence leads to determine the identity of the person posting as GhostEzra.

Trail of Investigation
On January 16, 2021, GhostEzra posted to their channel that they had been bowling that night, taking a detour to drive past the JFK Medical Center on the way back. This post did not mention the location of the medical center; in an earlier reply on Gab, however, GhostEzra had mentioned living in Florida.

Though GhostEzra often reposts images taken from elsewhere on the internet to his Telegram channel, a small number of images appear more likely to be originals. On a number of occasions, GhostEzra posted photos of Florida Emergency Alerts Systems displayed on a television set, narrowing down possible locations.

The photo below is a screen capture from a video that was posted by GhostEzra in February. We have edited it with exposure and levels adjusted to illuminate the surrounding area and reveal more about the interior of the poster’s home. The plant and media center are distinct markers that come into play later in our investigation.

Image: GhostEzra Telegram

On May 17, 2021, GhostEzra also posted a close-up picture from a gas station at night time in a post about rising fuel prices.

By looking at U.S. national averages and trends for gas prices, we were able to narrow the location of the gas station in the photo down to three possible states. GhostEzra’s posting patterns also suggested that they were located in the Eastern U.S. time zone. This information enabled us to identify the exact location of the gas station pictured to be St Andrews Boulevard in Boca Raton, Florida.

The map below shows an area between the JFK Medical Center, the Shell station, in Boca Raton, and a possible bowling alley that GhostEzra may have visited.

Image: Google Maps

Alongside photos shared from a variety of sources to the GhostEzra Telegram channel, a number of screenshots of a specific Android phone were posted which appeared to be originals. This provided further ways to narrow our search, by referring to certain apps and services they used which were visible in the phone'ss status bar in the posted screenshots. On the first of March, GhostEzra posted a screenshot of a YouTube livestream he was viewing. In the bottom-left corner, “Chat publicly as Robert S...” was displayed in the livestream chatbox featuring a black silhouette and a question mark as a profile picture.

Image: Youtube

With this information, we were able to identify Google and Yelp review accounts, where a Robert S with the same profile picture had posted over 100 reviews in the Boca Raton area, including a review of the Shell gas station that was included in the GhostEzra post, as well as a number of restaurants, amenities, and other locations in the area. Notably, Robert S reviewed the local Jewish Center with one star, writing “not nice.”

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
(Continued due to forum limitations...)

Investigating the Google review profile revealed a unique Google account identifier number, helping discover the email address associated with it, which in turn resolved to Robert Smart’s identity. By comparing images posted across GhostEzra’s Telegram account, Robert Smart’s review accounts, and related social media profiles, Logically was able to confirm that Emergency Alerts Systems images posted on the GhostEzra Telegram channel matched the interior of the home posted on social media channels.

Images and videos from inside the Smart household show a media center, TV, and a distinct small plant to the left which are consistent with several images and videos GhostEzra has posted to his Telegram channel such as the “emergency alerts” clip. In another photo, Smart can be seen standing in front of the same media center and distinctive plant, wearing a “45” baseball cap.

Images collated from Facebook posts showing Robert Smart's home, and GhostEzra's Telegram channel.

While a number of screenshots posted by GhostEzra — particularly of YouTube livestreams he was viewing — included possible alternative accounts, the Robert S account shared images with a number of common matching identifiers as uploaded by GhostEzra. It is unclear if all of the other accounts belong to GhostEzra, or if some of the screenshots were stolen to obscure his identity.

In October 2020, Smart attended the Donald Trump Jr.’s Fighters Against Socialism tour “with his Colombian wife and their small son,” and was quoted in the South Florida SunSentinel about the spread of socialism: “It starts small. A little bit here and a little bit there, and it turns into a Venezuela."

Researchers have warned that QAnon is an inherently antisemitic big tent conspiracy that can easily radicalize believers further. Contemporary cult and extremism expert Sarah Hightower notes that GhostEzra’s Telegram channel couples a “notably large audience coupled with a steady stream of content that merges common QAnon takes with much more hardened antisemitic rhetoric. While much of the focus has been on the overall antisemitic nature of the channel's output, it bears repeating that quite a few posts include explicit neo nazi talking points.

“These examples go beyond what one might consider more "mainstream" or diluted antisemitic stereotypes and dogwhistles. This rhetoric is closer to the modern KKK and neo nazi skinhead groups of the 80s and 90s. It's important to note the distinctions,” Hightower emphasizes.

GhostEzra rose to greater prominence after the January 6 storming of the Capitol building. “Since the Twitter crackdown, GhostEzra has quickly become one of the biggest influencers in the QAnon community by weaving together a tapestry of blatant antisemitism, transphobia, and outrageous conspiracy theories,” says Mike Rothschild, writer for the Daily Dot and author of The Storm Is Upon Us. “And in keeping with the Q community’s discarding of the iconography of Q itself, these violent and hateful theories are presented with a “just asking questions/seeking my personal truth” sheen that makes believers think they’re part of something grand and forbidden. With a huge and vocal following that grows by the day, GhostEzra has emerged as a potential leader for a community desperately in need of one.”

Logically investigators reached out to Robert Smart for comment on his role in the GhostEzra accounts. At time of reporting we have not received a response.
Ummm...🤔🧐

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I wonder if this will impact any of the ongoing criminal cases against the trespassers. Heck, Styx is claiming many weren't even trespassing.

and ...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
That's a common trait in the "sovcit" crowd- claiming that they are not beholden to the law, yet the courts are legally bound to give them whatever they want. They just pepper everything they write with nonsense "legal" jargon like they're casting a fucking magic spell.

Anybody who still believes Lindell should just have someone put a MyPillow over their face while they sleep. They're already suffering from a lack of oxygen to the brain; just finish the job.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
That's a common trait in the "sovcit" crowd- claiming that they are not beholden to the law, yet the courts are legally bound to give them whatever they want. They just pepper everything they write with nonsense "legal" jargon like they're casting a fucking magic spell.

Anybody who still believes Lindell should just have someone put a MyPillow over their face while they sleep. They're already suffering from a lack of oxygen to the brain; just finish the job.
Agreed. Erm, but Lindell is right there right now right next to Trump. Crowd is also of very concerning size

IMG_20210822_003331.jpg

Screenshot_2021-08-22-00-29-35-69_f56d448df78e8512261d4bfbcb3978c7.jpg

Screenshot_2021-08-22-00-29-55-30_f56d448df78e8512261d4bfbcb3978c7.jpg

Screenshot_2021-08-22-00-36-02-02_f56d448df78e8512261d4bfbcb3978c7.jpg

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Regarding the 6th:

Ultimately it doesn't change things. So Roger Stone or some other freak didn't plan it all out in his basement. Okay. Fact remains that they still stormed the capitol, that they still tried to overturn an election, that they still tried to hang the vice president, and that him not abusing powers he didn't have to steal the election still caused them to go berserk.

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
Okay. Fact remains that they still stormed the capitol, that they still tried to overturn an election, that they still tried to hang the vice president, and that him not abusing powers he didn't have to steal the election still caused them to go berserk.
I would hesitate to ascribe any intelligent thought or particular motivations to any sort of angry, violent mob. For example, during all the other riots BLM 2020, they burned down construction sites, looted random stores, including black-owned businesses, killed a black (retired) police officer, among others, and burned down a pawn shop, killing someone inside.

Were these things done with specific intentions and goals in mind? Or was this just random destruction?
How does looting a Target stop the police from discriminating against African-Americans?

For reasons like these, I doubt that there was any particular motivation or intent behind these random acts of vandalism, theft, and violence. All riots are, by definition, thoughtless, senseless acts of violence and destruction.

The article directly states: "However, the officials who spoke with Reuters said that no coordinated plans appeared to be established regarding what they would do once they broke in."

So officials agree that there is no basis to claim that they "tried" to do anything.

Last edited: