Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Hm, found this linked in a recap thread on reddit. Found it interesting because of my failure to complete the test satisfactory.

(I am german, i have had a LOT of "third reich" history class and a lot of anti-nazi youth literature over several years in school, quite a while back though)

I couldn't even distinguish modern quotes from 60 or 80 years old ones... sigh. (I did 10/20 right)

Don't feel bad, I only got 11.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

Attending Gaza Protests? The Feds Are Watching
From the FBI to the Forest Service, the government’s antisemitism police have their marching orders

(Photo by Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images)

The U.S. government hears the student protests and is responding — but not in the way you might hope.

For the feds, it is all about turning protests into a national security crisis, with imagined foreign influence, sympathy for Hamas and other terrorist groups, and a threat to the government itself.

It’s widely known that local law enforcement agencies like the NYPD have been responding to the Gaza protests sweeping across the country; but less well known are the federal agencies that are quietly watching and preparing. Instead of addressing the issues raised – civilian casualties and the plight of the Palestinian people, divestment from Israel, demilitarization of universities and colleges – President Biden himself bluntly dismisses the students.

“Mr. President, have the protests forced you to reconsider any of the policies with regard to the region?,” a reporter asked at Biden’s press conference on Thursday. Without hesitation, Biden answered: “No.”

Those are the marching orders. So while the students continue to speak out, and so many are clearly unhappy with American policy, the federal government has wasted no time in surging resources from all across the country as it colors the students as threats to national security.

Here are just some of the federal agencies that have now become involved:
  • Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI),
  • Federal Protective Service (FPS) – the Department of Homeland Security law enforcement agency that protects federal buildings and other assets, and
  • Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), the Department of Homeland Security’s investigative arm.
Under the Biden’s administration’s 2023 National Strategy to Counter Antisemitism, a gaggle of additional agencies are called upon to take action. These include the Department of the Interior, whose rangers and guides are directed to “identify and counter antisemitism and other forms of hate”; and the Department of Agriculture, through its law enforcement agents assigned to the Forest Service, who have been directed “to learn how to identify and counter antisemitic, Islamophobic, and related forms of discrimination.”

The Pentagon, through its various investigative arms – Army CID, Navy NCIS, Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) – and other agencies, also manages FBI-run Joint Terrorism Task Forces which are active throughout the country.

FBI

In an NBC interview last week, FBI Director Christopher Wray confirmed that “we do share intelligence about specific threats of violence” regarding the campus protests. During the interview, Wray also revealed the Bureau’s alarmism about the terrorism threat level since Hamas’ October 7th attack on Israel.

“We thought that even before October 7th, that the terrorism threat was already elevated,” Wray said. “But post-October 7th, it’s gone to whole ‘nother level.”

Despite the fact that there have not been any terror attacks in the U.S. since the Hamas war began, Wray has been fear mongering about the threat for months.

In March testimony to Congress, Wray warned that “we expect that October 7 and the conflict that’s followed will feed a pipeline of radicalization and mobilization for years to come.”

The White House has also acknowledged the Bureau’s involvement.

On Wednesday, when asked about the campus protests, White House spokesperson Karine Jean-Pierre said that “the DOJ and FBI is going to continue to offer support to universities and colleges in respect to federal laws.”

The FBI is also under pressure from Congress to crack down on the protests. Last week, Senator Marsha Blackburn, a member of the Judiciary Committee which oversees the FBI, called to “put any student who promotes terrorism on behalf of Hamas on the terrorist watchlist.” The watchlist is maintained by the FBI.

The Intercept has also reported on a zoom call in which representatives Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ) and Mike Lawler (R-NY), along with trustees from several universities, discussed what they saw as the need for FBI intervention.

Following repeated claims by a university board of trustee member that outside entities were funding and orchestrating the encampments, Gottheimer said that he had been in touch with the FBI on the matter.

“Based on my conversations with the FBI,” Gottheimer, who is a member of the Intelligence Committee said, “I can just say that I think people are well aware this is an issue.”

Gottheimer added: “I can’t speak for the local FBI field offices, but it’s got to be all hands on deck.”

Federal Protective Service (FPS)

The little-known Department of Homeland Security law enforcement agency tasked with protecting federal buildings and workers has also been involved in responding to Gaza protests, including at Yale University.

While FPS is tasked with protecting federal facilities, federal law allows them to operate “in areas outside the property to the extent necessary to protect the property and persons on the property.”

In 2020 during the George Floyd protests in Portland, Oregon, FPS undertook a number of anti-protest operations, including Operations Keen Titan and Nail Head, never before revealed.

As part of these operations, two unidentified federal agents clad in full combat gear snatched a protester off the streets and moved him into an unmarked van. Video of the incident generated a firestorm of criticism and confusion, including from Congress, about who the agents worked for. Only later did it become clear that these were FPS inspectors, as they’re called. They are federal law enforcement officers.

The Department’s Customs and Border Protection later acknowledged that it had sent its special forces equivalent, BORTAC (Border Patrol Tactical Unit), to Portland to protect federal property, deputized to operate under FPS cover.

Unbeknown to many, under federal law the Secretary of Homeland Security can “designate employees of [DHS] … as officers and agents for duty in connection with the protection of property owned or occupied by the Federal Government and persons on the property, including duty in areas outside the property to the extent necessary to protect the property and persons on the property.”

FPS’s unique authorities have since been brought to bear on the college protesters. In an FPS email obtained by Jason Leopold of Bloomberg under FOIA, warns of a pro-Israel rally scheduled for October 13 on Yale’s campus in New Haven, Connecticut.

“The concern is that Yale University is pro-Hamas,” the FPS inspector wrote, later conceding that “at this time there is no credible threat.”

FPS’s involvement has looped in both the Biden administration and even Congress. In an October 17 email obtained by Bloomberg, an FPS inspector alerted top Biden administration officials to Gaza protesters “rotating between USG [U.S. Government] locations,” noting that a recent missile strike on a Gaza hospital “has started inflaming tensions…” The email also alludes to “all of the FPS reporting you’re already receiving.”

At the prodding of FPS, the office of Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) requested FPS presence. Several days after Hamas’ October 7 attack, the office was warned by FPS that a Rabbi would be visiting Warren’s office “to intimate [sic] and harass her,” Warren’s office requested their presence. “Given the tone of the social media posts [sic] would be helpful to have an officer there and ready should we need more assistance,” a Warren staffer wrote in an email obtained by Bloomberg.

Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)

Much less is known about the involvement of the Department of Homeland Security’s investigative arm, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI). While this ICE sub-agency likes to bill itself as working to combat child exploitation (who could have a problem with that?), its sprawling mission encompasses many other things — including, it turns out, monitoring the Gaza protests.

In another email obtained by Bloomberg, an HSI official is shown alerting others to the National March for Gaza, a demonstration that took place on October 21 at the Washington Monument.

Mehdi Hasan got new independent news channel on the go called Zeteo now, along with some other key figures backing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
If there was any doubt Israel was a western colonial outpost to maintain violent geopolitical control (tactical division) over the middle east, let it now be washed away for good. Claiming holding Israel to account for genocidal war crimes is "not only a threat to Israel sovereignty but also a threat to the sovereignty of the united states." It cannot be much clearer FFS.

Also, throwing this out cause haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere yet, but Gaza is being set up ro be the new real estate land grab for these fucking psychopathic capitalists and if that sounds too evil to believe just go look at Jared Kushner's "talk" at Yale about his plans for building hotels there "after the CLEANSING" while bemoaning the waste of profitable beaches currently being unexploited due to pesky indigenous populations in the way.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
If there was any doubt Israel was a western colonial outpost to maintain violent geopolitical control (tactical division) over the middle east, let it now be washed away for good. Claiming holding Israel to account for genocidal war crimes is "not only a threat to Israel sovereignty but also a threat to the sovereignty of the united states." It cannot be much clearer FFS.
Tying into that -

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Common Biden W

How long until Biden walks back on it?

I figure maybe a week? At best? Israel is already pretending like The US has stabbed them in the back for having the audacity to not give them weapons to go genocide this specific city (even though we're still giving them plenty of weapons to genocide everywhere else) so how long before Biden's Zionist tendencies override his "Hey, can you stop murdering children for like...five fucking seconds Israel"?

I suppose credit where credit due IF he sticks to this promise but that fucker still owes me $600 that he hasn't paid up on so my trust in him is pretty GD low even before he funded genocide.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Common Biden W

Common? The first time in months that he finally takes a fraction of a stance is common?

But hey, I guess in comparison to Germany, who is still very willing to supply Israel, this is a W from Biden. But is that really the bar we're setting in this fucking world of ours? And as has been mentioned, we'll see how long it takes for him to buckle - This is Israel afterall; the Western stronghold in the Middle East who's war crimes America has been very willing to support for decades. They'll be all too ready to turn that supply back on once they've deduced Israel isn't killing as many Palestinians anymore.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Common? The first time in months that he finally takes a fraction of a stance is common?

But hey, I guess in comparison to Germany, who is still very willing to supply Israel, this is a W from Biden. But is that really the bar we're setting in this fucking world of ours? And as has been mentioned, we'll see how long it takes for him to buckle - This is Israel afterall; the Western stronghold in the Middle East who's war crimes America has been very willing to support for decades. They'll be all too ready to turn that supply back on once they've deduced Israel isn't killing as many Palestinians anymore.
No other president in modern history would have done it save for Obama.

he only killed around 40,000 people (that have been recorded) before rethinking sending some of the yet more bombs
Above comment.

How long until Biden walks back on it?

I figure maybe a week? At best? Israel is already pretending like The US has stabbed them in the back for having the audacity to not give them weapons to go genocide this specific city (even though we're still giving them plenty of weapons to genocide everywhere else) so how long before Biden's Zionist tendencies override his "Hey, can you stop murdering children for like...five fucking seconds Israel"?

I suppose credit where credit due IF he sticks to this promise but that fucker still owes me $600 that he hasn't paid up on so my trust in him is pretty GD low even before he funded genocide.
I don't know email the IRS, fill out a form for the 600.

It should have been him!!!

1715392301102.png