Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
That's right, that doesn't support a conclusion that overeating sugar is the sole and direct cause of type 2 diabetes. That passage points to population-level correlation. It gives an indication that sugar availability has a strong impact on that population level. It gives no indication that it is the sole and direct cause. Not a single source has corroborated that conclusion. It is also no stronger than the ones I provided, which you arbitrarily dismissed as bad sources.

((It should hopefully go without saying that my concession of the other stuff earlier was not genuine, and was geared to getting you to drop your petty insistence that we talk about other irrelevant guff before you'd be willing to actually provide your sources)).
Ok, so it's completely pointless to discuss anything with you, got it.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
((As well as the mechanical link, which you also dismissed)).
...except for the fact I never dismissed a mechanical link between sugar and diabetes.

Your claim always went well beyond that, into territory not a single expert will corroborate.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Welcome to Woke World where Adam Sessler deleted his twitter after stating he hopes police smash in the teeth of pro Palestine protestor kids because he think they're pro Trump because he's Jewish and everyone who hates him must be pro Trump

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Welcome to Woke World where Adam Sessler deleted his twitter after stating he hopes police smash in the teeth of pro Palestine protestor kids because he think they're pro Trump because he's Jewish and everyone who hates him must be pro Trump

I see that you definition of woke doesnt match this

Not suprised

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
...except for the fact I never dismissed a mechanical link between sugar and diabetes.

Your claim always went well beyond that, into territory not a single expert will corroborate.
Again there's no point in talking with someone that won't agree to basic objective facts.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Again there's no point in talking with someone that won't agree to basic objective facts.
Couldn't agree more. The problem is you keep trying to pass your own bogstandard analysis off as objective fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satinavian

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I see that you definition of woke doesnt match this

Not suprised
Oh it does, woke of often silly and hypocritical, also everyone they dislike is part of some grant elaborate network all linked to the same thing they dislike.
So in this case, perfectly fits the definition because everything is secretly evil Trump supporters in Sessler's warped mind.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Couldn't agree more. The problem is you keep trying to pass your own bogstandard analysis off as objective fact.
You don't even know what I'm referring to.

For example, based on the rules of baseball, does the following ground ball result in the runner being out or safe?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You don't even know what I'm referring to.
There's a long string of statements you've made based on half-baked amateur reckoning, and that you've later tried to pass off as objective fact. Diabetes, electoral law, masks, take your pick. I know what I was referring to.

For example, based on the rules of baseball, does the following ground ball result in the runner being out or safe?
Don't give a shit.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

The way Bill Maher carries himself, his words and actions are that of a selfish asshole. I generally am ambivalent about abortion, but 'I am okay with murder' is the least responsible way to argue in favor of abortion.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
The way Bill Maher carries himself, his words and actions are that of a selfish asshole. I generally am ambivalent about abortion, but 'I am okay with murder' is the least responsible way to argue in favor of abortion.
Bill Maher is just a tired, old dude whose schtick is every bit as tired and old as he is.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Okay, I am about to offend everyone again.

So the debate bro/steamer Destiny/Steven Bonnell was on CSPAN. And of course in my opinion Destiny is an amoral debate mercenary who would debate the ethics of killing your children if he could get away with it, and make money off of it.

That said somehow the trolls who attacked Destiny are somehow worse. One guy called Destiny a cuck which is an attack obviously on his masculinity. Another person says he reads off of Wikipedia as if they didn't do so for homework or didn't use Wikipedia sources for projects and papers if they were even smart enough to get any education or skills training either offline or online or even gainfully employed.

Then this one, from New Mexico came in and attacked Destiny for all of this, and my opinion was this. Really. ***** you live in New Mexico, you're complaining about the millionaire who didn't go to college but at least is gainfully employed in a business without mistreating his workers like how your boss is likely exploiting you. Douchebag, please. You live in a state with a dwindling water supply, didn't think that one through didn't you, and it's a fucking desert with no water.

And just so someone comes in and says well maybe they are a business exec in New Mexico. Really. It's 120 degrees there, what sort of idiot picks New Mexico as the business trip to go to, why can't they Zoom in or MS teams the call?

And just to whoop this idiot a third time, well Gergar12 maybe they were visiting family. Ah, so the family is full of idiots I guess that's better. Again pretty dumb to buy a house in a desert with no water.

Never mind she's from Colorado. All ad hominem bullshit as usual from the under-35 crowd.

Never mind one of those idiots is from New Mexico. My ad hominem holds.

Edit2:

Also, there was one person in Ohio(my state), who mentioned two things of note. Why the US has a smaller Navy than North Korea, Russia, and Fucking China Combined. Three fucking countries with large militaries. Does your stupid little head not understand that labor costs are lower in North Korea, Russia, and China? Also, the reason most people don't want jobs in manufacturing is simple, you don't need to. We have automated assembly lines, and lean manufacturing so fewer workers are needed to get more work done. You would think someone from my state would realize this.

Edit3:

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Remember when you pretended to understand your opponents' positions? That was a fun few intermittent weeks.
I'm not sure how that is relevant to this point. I'm not saying everyone who argues in favor of abortion is lying to me, they can be either sufficiently self-deceived to think they're being honest, or they could just be failing to really argue in the first place.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure how that is relevant to this point. I'm not saying everyone who argues in favor of abortion is lying to me, they can be either sufficiently self-deceived to think they're being honest, or they could just be failing to really argue in the first place.
Or you could try to understand and engage with what your opponents actually believe. Just a suggestion.

A bit like how I don't assume that all pro-lifers are either malicious woman-hating control freaks or self-deceiving idiots who feel that way inside.