General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Far Cry should stop with trying to push celeb power and just make the game good. Think up some unique gameplay systems and play around with a new setting or literally anything except the copy paste job theyve been doing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Think up some unique gameplay systems and play around with a new setting or literally anything except the copy paste job theyve been doing.
It's why I stopped caring after FC3, and why I prefer the Crysis franchise. Every game post FC3 is just that, but takes place in a different country or region. Technically FC2 did first, but there the major "villain", The Jackal, (who is Jack Carver from FC1) barely shows up in the game. It's why I consider Instincts the best in the franchise. You got cool animal powers and were playing a remake/reimagined version of FC1 as Jack: who is re-imagined as a Wolverine type anti-hero.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Far Cry should stop with trying to push celeb power and just make the game good. Think up some unique gameplay systems and play around with a new setting or literally anything except the copy paste job theyve been doing.
Doubtful since they probaably laid off those workers to pay for Murphy.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Grasshopper Manufacture's Suda51 has confirmed two new features that are being added with Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered. These two new features are a New Game Plus mode and more outfits for the game's protagonist, Garcia Hotspur. Grasshopper Manufacture's upcoming remaster of this underrated 2011 third-person comedy horror shooter will launch sometime later in 2024.

Shadows of the Damned was originally a collaboration between Electronic Arts and Grasshopper, with Goichi Suda, AKA. Suda51, leading the project alongside other big name industry icons like Resident Evil's former creative director Shinji Mikami and former Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka. A remaster of Shadows of the Damned was first announced in June 2023, bringing the cult classic game to modern platforms after it was digitally delisted in 2021. Both a demo and the new title of Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered were at PAX East 2024, complete with a dedicated booth where fans could stop by and try out the game. Suda51 was also available at the event to answer a few questions about the remaster and some of the new features.

https://gamerant.com/no-more-heroes-movie-travis-touchdown-actor-johnny-knoxville/
RELATEDNo More Heroes Creator Picks His Top 2 Actors to Play Travis Touchdown in a Movie
Game Rant chats with the creator of No More Heroes about who he would like to see play the role of Travis Touchdown in a live-action adaptation.

Speaking with Hardcore Gamer at PAX East, Suda talked about the game, from its gameplay to the brief history of Shadows of the Damned's troubled production between the Suda's original vision and the changes Electronic Arts imposed. When Suda was asked if the gameplay of Shadows of the Damned still held up, he agreed, stating that the remaster does not make too many changes from the original in terms of how it played. When asked if it was exactly the same as the original with no changes, Suda mentions two features that were added, which were things he wanted to include in the original game. "There are actually two new additions to [Hella Remastered]. The first one is New Game Plus, and the second is that there's a handful of new costumes for Garcia," said Suda.

Shadows of the Damned's Future

Despite the troubled production behind Shadows of the Damned, Suda51 is incredibly fond of the project. When Suda was asked about potential plans to return to Shadows of the Damned's universe, he states that he would love to revisit with a sequel. He notes that since Grasshopper went through the effort to obtain the rights to put the remastered game out on multiple platforms, if it sells "stupid well," he and the developers would have a "perfect excuse" to make a sequel to Shadows of the Damned.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Cillian's really doing the rounds lately, well deserved and pleased to see the world embrace him.

Am fear Ubisoft will find a way of stripping his character and their role of everything unique and interesting though. On the other hand if the game turns out to be sci-fi like one rumour suggested, obsessive compulsion mandates I at least briefly try it eventually no matter how bad the reviews turn out. Cannae resist the intriguing allure of the Sciffies. especially Sciffies promising a potential Cillian Murphy flashing a funky antagonist Sciffie suit. But first, let me just throttle any vestige of hope I may have started feeling there...
It's Ubisoft.

No more needs to be said.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Embracer is unembracing. Debracing. Gnicarbme.

Anyway, what was one becomes three:
  • Asmodee, a global leading tabletop games publisher and distributor with an extensive studio network and IP catalogue.
  • Coffee Stain & Friends”, a diverse gaming entity with a dual focus on indie and A/AA premium and free-to-play games for PC/console and mobile, with a high degree of recurring revenues.
  • Middle-earth Enterprises & Friends”, a creative powerhouse in AAA game development and publishing for PC and console, as well as the stewards of The Lord of the Rings and Tomb Raider intellectual properties, among many others.
The names were the first thing Embracer's ceo came up with while it was taking a huge diarhea dump on the shitter.

Conveniently and ironically, these smaller parts are also easier to acquire.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

"To clarify, Jabba the Hutt and the Hutt Cartel are one of the main syndicates in Star Wars Outlaws and will be part of the experience for everyone who purchases the game, regardless of edition," a Ubisoft rep told us. "The 'Jabba’s Gambit' mission is an optional, additional mission with the Hutt Cartel along Kay and Nix's journey across the Outer Rim. This mission will be available to those who purchase the season pass or an edition of the game which includes the season pass."
FFS, If you want people to buy your game then don't lock a launch content behind a season pass, or at least don't antagonize the consumers you are appealing for. This mission better be one impressive piece of a game to be locked behind paywall like that. (But I highly doubt that)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FFS, If you want people to buy your game then don't lock a launch content behind a season pass, or at least don't antagonize the consumers you are appealing for. This mission better be one impressive piece of a game to be locked behind paywall like that. (But I highly doubt that)
Aside from the kids and those that don't game, anybody that believes Ubisoft are only fooling themselves at this point. Don't trust them on anything, but to somehow screw you over.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Some people are complaining that this looks worse than the Gollum game. I mean there's difference between making games look "realistic" vs artistic, but I guess I'm one of the few who can appreciate the artistic choice of the game. Granted it still looks rough, but I can certainly say that I am more invested in this than the Gollum game

I'm interested. Because while it's always fun to hunt orcs, I always appreciate more beautiful/calm side of the Middle Earth. Hobbits for the most part are said to be oblivious to the outside world, and I think that's the whole point here; Just settle down and forget about the one ring, the dark lord, and something about the end of the world.

Last edited:

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Embracer is unembracing. Debracing. Gnicarbme.

Anyway, what was one becomes three:
  • Asmodee, a global leading tabletop games publisher and distributor with an extensive studio network and IP catalogue.
  • Coffee Stain & Friends”, a diverse gaming entity with a dual focus on indie and A/AA premium and free-to-play games for PC/console and mobile, with a high degree of recurring revenues.
  • Middle-earth Enterprises & Friends”, a creative powerhouse in AAA game development and publishing for PC and console, as well as the stewards of The Lord of the Rings and Tomb Raider intellectual properties, among many others.
The names were the first thing Embracer's ceo came up with while it was taking a huge diarhea dump on the shitter.

Conveniently and ironically, these smaller parts are also easier to acquire.
Sounds like they divided into the physical products, the mid-budget games they are comfortable with and the high budget games that are beyond their scope.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Reactions: FakeSympathy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Fallout 4 getting 60fps update on 25th this month, jesus Bethesda don't overexert yourself.

Maybe I can check out those DLCs at long last as was pretty much holding back for any basic framerate performance update.
And, of course, breaking mods left and right.