General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I find it funny, as TMS has pointed out, people in the entertainment journal industry are already acting like Arcane or Castlevania don't exist/don't count/don't matter now. What else is new?
Lowest common denominator. They are always focused on whatever is going to resonate with the largest target audience and a lot people just refuse to watched anything animated.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Lowest common denominator. They are always focused on whatever is going to resonate with the largest target audience and a lot people just refuse to watched anything animated.
Which is crazy, because more than plenty of people went nuts over Arcane especially. People went mad over the teaser poster for Season 2 alone, and no trailer is out yet. I know Fallout is good, but I have little interests, and TLOUS can fuck off. It didn't need an adaption in the first place. I am not even going to give its Season 2 any notice.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Which is crazy, because more than plenty of people went nuts over Arcane especially. People went mad over the teaser poster for Season 2 alone, and no trailer is out yet. I know Fallout is good, but I have little interests, and TLOUS can fuck off. It didn't need an adaption in the first place. I am not even going to give its Season 2 any notice.
I think a lot of it was that Nertflix had started their downward trend of shit content. Absolutely nobody was really excited for Arcane. Like "wtf is this?" and so when it turned out to be pretty amazing the internet had a brief meltdown.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I think a lot of it was that Nertflix had started their downward trend of shit content.
Netflix has had a "downward trend" since 2018-19 9 (losing all the Marvel TV shows that are now on D+), yet still has plenty of good shit. This isn't me defending them, and I hate the price increase user sharing (there ways around this), but content wise there's plenty of original stuff watch

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Ok then, I guess. The LotR trilogy won't happen again tho, but they're welcome to try.
Yep. Nothing is ever gonna top the LOTR trilogy. BBUUUTTT at the same time this is Andy Serkis we're talking about, someone who actually respects and loves the source material. It's gonna be at least better than Rings of Power or that Gollum game

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Wow, they're already casting for a sequel? Weird title change aside, that's really fast-tracked...
It is inspired by the novel “Sisterhood of Dune” written by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.
Oh. Oh no. Never mind. Carry on, lads, nothing to see

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
  1. The Rings of Power season 2 trailer is out. It looks fairly neat, but I only got maybe 4-5 episodes into season 1 before giving up because it was dull and the writing was awful.
  2. The trailer for Wicked is out. Looks like a lot of fun, but if you've not seen the musical Id avoid trailer its long and pretty much gives away the whole movie. Also it costars ariana grande so if you don't like her you might be put off. Ive decided not to have opinions about celebrities if possible, glass houses and all that.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The trailer for Wicked is out. Looks like a lot of fun, but if you've not seen the musical Id avoid trailer its long and pretty much gives away the whole movie. Also it costars ariana grande so if you don't like her you might be put off. Ive decided not to have opinions about celebrities if possible, glass houses and all that.
I'm more interested to see if Jeff Goldblum can still pull off a dramatic performance after decades of being cast as a clown. A great clown, but a clown nonetheless.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

In the comments he apparently paid the hotel $50,000 to make the footage disappear, or had them give over the tapes unaware a copy was made. Not sure if this surfaced after the FBI raid, got leaked, or something else. Then there’s human trafficking shit he might’ve been involved in. Yikes.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The eternal struggle of getting a proper Berserk adaptation.

*sigh* 😑

EDIT: Oh wait, it's a fan thing. Sorry y'all, my bad.