The Escapist Oldheads discord backup plan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
@09philj @Absent @Adam Jensen @Ag3ma @Asita @Baffle @Bartholen @Bedinsis @bluegate @Bob_McMillan @BrawlMan @CaitSeith @CastletonSnob @Casual Shinji @Cheetodust @Cicada 5 @CM156 @crimson5pheonix @CriticalGaming @Dalisclock @Dirty Hipsters @Drathnoxis @Dreiko @Dwarvenhobble @Eacaraxe @Elvis Starburst @EvilRoy @FakeSympathy @fOx @Gatuno @Gergar12 @Godzillarich(aka tf2godz) @Gordon_4 @gorfias @Gyrobot @Hades @hanselthecaretaker2 @Hawki @immortalfrieza @Jarrito3002 @Johnny Novgorod @Kae @Kyrian007 @laggyteabag @Leg End @lostinreality @McElroy @meiam @mirbrownbread @Mister Mumbler @NerfedFalcon @Old_Hunter_77 @Phoenixmgs @Piscian @PsychedelicDiamond @RhombusHatesYou @Saint of M @Samtemdo8 @Satinavian @Schadrach @Seanchaidh @SilentPony @Silvanus @Specter Von Baren @Summerstorm @sXeth @Terminal Blue @thebobmaster @Thaluikhain @TheMysteriousGX @The Rogue Wolf @tippy2k2 @Trunkage @tstorm823 @wings012 @Worgen @Xprimentyl @XsjadoBlaydette @Zeraki @Zykon TheLich

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I've set up a private discord just for us and wanted to invite you to join it.
I know not everyone is very keen on Discord, but it's not meant as a new hangout to replace these forums, but as a precaution in case Gamurs pulls the plug.

This way there is at least one thing everyone who wants to can fall back on, if only to keep in touch, or maybe discuss what's next.

@JoJo, would you mind stickying this somewhere prominent?

EDIT: replaced the invite link with a permanent one. If you had previously bookmarked it, that one will expire eventually, so replace it with the current one, which won't.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Can't seem to be able to accept these discord invites, both on Second Wind and this Oldheads server. Weird.

Reactions: Gatuno

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Can't seem to be able to accept these discord invites, both on Second Wind and this Oldheads server. Weird.
Maybe try logging out and back into Discord. Have had this problem too, and that solved it.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
@09philj @Absent @Adam Jensen @Ag3ma @Asita @Baffle @Bartholen @Bedinsis @bluegate @Bob_McMillan @BrawlMan @CaitSeith @CastletonSnob @Casual Shinji @Cheetodust @Cicada 5 @CM156 @crimson5pheonix @CriticalGaming @Dalisclock @Dirty Hipsters @Drathnoxis @Dreiko @Dwarvenhobble @Eacaraxe @Elvis Starburst @EvilRoy @FakeSympathy @fOx @Gatuno @Gergar12 @Godzillarich(aka tf2godz) @Gordon_4 @gorfias @Gyrobot @Hades @hanselthecaretaker2 @Hawki @immortalfrieza @Jarrito3002 @Johnny Novgorod @Kae @Kyrian007 @laggyteabag @Leg End @lostinreality @McElroy @meiam @mirbrownbread @Mister Mumbler @NerfedFalcon @Old_Hunter_77 @Phoenixmgs @Piscian @PsychedelicDiamond @RhombusHatesYou @Saint of M @Samtemdo8 @Satinavian @Schadrach @Seanchaidh @SilentPony @Silvanus @Specter Von Baren @Summerstorm @sXeth @Terminal Blue @thebobmaster @Thaluikhain @TheMysteriousGX @The Rogue Wolf @tippy2k2 @Trunkage @tstorm823 @wings012 @Worgen @Xprimentyl @XsjadoBlaydette @Zeraki @Zykon TheLich

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I've set up a private discord just for us and wanted to invite you to join it.
I know not everyone is very keen on Discord, but it's not meant as a new hangout to replace these forums, but as a precaution in case Gamurs pulls the plug.

This way there is at least one thing everyone who wants to can fall back on, if only to keep in touch, or maybe discuss what's next.

@JoJo, would you mind stickying this somewhere prominent?
Sure, I'll head to it once I get home.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I've also had that problem; I am not accustomed to Discord. What made it work was to:
1. Start the Discord app.
2. Press the invite link in the web browser.

After that the link leads to the Discord app being the active application, asking you if you want to join the server.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So Discord REALLY doesn't wanna let me on. It can't verify my email because it's already registered, and another email I tried don't work neither. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Thanks for the invite all the same though.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ugh, tempting but I really don't like discord.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I hav to say, if that;s the remaining users here, that's a lot more than I thought.
I thought so at first, but I'm curious if it's just the old guard that have been here for a long time... or if that's actually everyone active still. Either way, yeah, not bad.

Another thing I'm curious about is if this link can be joined by anyone who sees it, or if the invites are only for the people listed in the big @ wall at the start

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I thought so at first, but I'm curious if it's just the old guard that have been here for a long time... or if that's actually everyone active still. Either way, yeah, not bad.

Another thing I'm curious about is if this link can be joined by anyone who sees it, or if the invites are only for the people listed in the big @ wall at the start
Anyone can join, we've already had a ghost of forum past joining us.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
It's basically everyone who posted semi regularly this year, both old guard and the few who joined after the move to v2.
Anyone can join, we've already had a ghost of forum past joining us.
I don't hold grudges. Anyone who wants to join is free to, so long as they are or were a member of this forum. And they don't go around pissing people off.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
As an fgc member who loves niche fighters, discord is my lifeblood, see ya in the other side~

Bartholen

At age 6 I was born without a face
Legacy
Jul 1, 2020
Country
Finland
Joined. Glad to see this club keep going. It'll be jolly interesting to potentially be able to hear people's voices after all these years.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I'll bookmark the link in case things go suddenly dark, but I'm not joining until then.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I'll bookmark the link in case things go suddenly dark, but I'm not joining until then.
Ok, that's fine. But you should replace your bookmark with this one then. This one is a permanent invite link:
Sorry about that, I'm a discord novice and didn't know invites are time-limited by default.