Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Spy x Family Code: White (7/10)

Solid movie. Had a lot of fun at the screening I went to. I did have a bit of an issue with how obviously and conspicuously they avoided addressing the timeline/"is this canon" questions. This could have happened at any point in the timeline, and none of its storyline has any kind of effect on the ongoing series. So basically, it is consequence free. And that is a bit of a downer. But what this is; it is a self-contained, longer episode that wouldn't be a terrible introduction to the series as a whole. And even though that is points off from me, it totally makes sense. And it is a pretty good, longer episode. Maybe not worth theater prices, but worth a watch when it hits streaming. Especially for a delightful extended sequence in act 3 where
Anya is struggling mightily trying not to poop.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I finished Ninja Kamui. Good series. Just the right amount of 13 episodes. Whenever it comes out on physical I will pick it up first day.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Caught the flu, so I decided to watch all 5 seasons of Shokugeki no Soma, or Food Wars.

I was actually quite enjoying it. Its the usual Japanese high school battle royale-esque shtick, but instead of a power system, people fight through cooking. It's a silly, stupid idea that works due to the insane amount of work the author put into learning about actual cooking.

That said, the energy and detail drops off a cliff right about the 4th season, and especially in the 5th season.

The series ends with the biggest cooking battle we have ever seen. The two greatest chefs face off. How does it play out? Well, one chef creates their ultimate dish off screen. The ultimate dish is probably the least creative dish that character has ever put out, but is described as the best thing they ever cooked. How does the other chef overcome this? Well, they not only cook off screen, but they win off screen as well.

So yeah. Hard to recommend, and I haven't even talked about how needlessly horny this show is. Might as well just watch the thousands of YouTube cooking videos out there that recreate the show's most popular dishes.

Reactions: BrawlMan