To me the November-December time period is the perfect time for a big budget space adventure show

AstroCadet69

Sep 30, 2021
Country
USA
Perhaps it is because the first sci fi show I ever watched was aired during the Nov-Dec time period.

And as a sci fi fan it feels like getting a nice Christmas present.

If I was a TV show producer in 2022 I would have a big space adventure show ready for November-December 2023.

And rather than it being something set in the "Star Wars" or "Star Trek" world it would be something new and exciting.

Like "The Expanse" it would have a lovable spaceship crew, political intrigue, exciting space battles, intergalactic mystery, and an action packed story but it would be set in a more optimistic vision of the future rather than "The Expanse".

TV show producers need to make the future look exciting and optimistic again.

The show's aesthetic wouldn't be old fashioned like Star Wars or utilitarian like The Expanse. It would be shiny and futuristic but would be cooler and more exciting than Star Trek's aesthetic.
https://kotaku.com/the-one-man-who-influenced-mass-effect-more-than-anyone-471882745

Or is that a bad time for TV since everyone is on vacation?

Like fantasy I see sci fi as a genre of unlimited creativity and potential but far easy to create something bland and uninspiring.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
The late 70s were full of that stuff, with series like Space1999, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica...

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
This seems like a vaguely defined wishlist more than anything else.

First, it's one thing to pitch a sci-fi or fantasy show, it's another to get the budget for it.

Second, it's a very tall order to demand that sci-fi magically get more optimistic, when science itself gives us plenty of reasons to not be optimistic. And even if that was the case, it's hard to write something compelling in utopia. Not impossible, but difficult - "conflict is the essence of drama" and all that.