Why is no one on Social media talking about Netflix's "The 3%" movie?

Haroze5

Apr 4, 2023
Country
Moon
I mean, it deserves to be as popular as squid game.

"3%" is a Brazilian science fiction thriller television series that premiered on Netflix in 2016. The series is set in a dystopian future where people are divided into two distinct groups: the Inland, who are poor and live in slums, and the Offshore, who are wealthy and live on an island paradise.

What makes "3%" interesting is its unique storyline and its thought-provoking themes. The show explores issues of inequality, social justice, and the human condition in a way that is both engaging and thought-provoking. It also features a diverse cast of characters and a richly detailed world that draws the viewer in and keeps them engaged.

Furthermore, the series has received critical acclaim for its cinematography, direction, and production design. The show's visual style is striking and immersive, creating a vivid and believable world that is both compelling and unsettling.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I mean, it deserves to be as popular as squid game.

"3%" is a Brazilian science fiction thriller television series that premiered on Netflix in 2016. The series is set in a dystopian future where people are divided into two distinct groups: the Inland, who are poor and live in slums, and the Offshore, who are wealthy and live on an island paradise.

What makes "3%" interesting is its unique storyline and its thought-provoking themes. The show explores issues of inequality, social justice, and the human condition in a way that is both engaging and thought-provoking. It also features a diverse cast of characters and a richly detailed world that draws the viewer in and keeps them engaged.

Furthermore, the series has received critical acclaim for its cinematography, direction, and production design. The show's visual style is striking and immersive, creating a vivid and believable world that is both compelling and unsettling.
Sounds derivative of properties like Elysium which made less than $300 million world wide.

Fun but doesn't appear to be based upon reality in a world of scarcity and economic principals. Still, sounds worth checking out.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I definitely don't keep up with every single film or show Netflix releases for a good reason. If the movie is great, then more power to you and spread the word. I have no interest at the moment, as there are too many stuff I got to get caught up on.

Sounds derivative of properties like Elysium which made less than $300 million world wide.

Fun but doesn't appear to be based upon reality in a world of scarcity and economic principals. Still, sounds worth checking out.
Elysium's a 5 out of 10 for me. At the time it was as close as you could get to a Battle Angel movie, but I didn't like how they directed the action scenes in that movie. I hate the use of shaky cam. They managed to keep some of the action still, but I find the movie aggravating to watch on repeat watches. When the Battle Angel movie actually came out in 2019 and being good, there was even less reason for me to go back to Elysium.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Elysium was quite bad (and very disapponting after District 9 and a promising trailer), as it ditched the political metaphor in favor of braindead corridor shooting (and hey, no excuse, Snowpiercer showed you could do both). But there are a lot of dystopia about more or less post-apocalyptic rich and poor castes segregation. From Zardoz to Land of the Dead, etc. It's almost a genre in itself, and not a far-fetched one.

3% may be interesting, but even so, as Brawl said, I think it's a bit drowned in the (netflix) noise.