Your Personal Greatest Games of All Times And/Or Personal Greatest in Specific Genre(s)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Old_Hunter_77 & @Worgen. Behold, my Double Dragon List!

chart.png
  • #3 is Double Dragon II (NES)
  • #7 is Double Dragon (NES)
  • # 8 & 9 are the Arcade versions of DD II and DD respectively.
  • # 10 is DD III (NES).

chart (1).png

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Return (Japanese) and Super (US/EU) are one in the same, though Return is the more complete and polished version of the two.
Ahh, neat. I do recall super double dragon being rather unfinished feeling. Which makes sense because it was rushed hard.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Worgen, my list for Final Fight. A reminder, Captain Commando does take place in the same continuity, in the now not too distant future of 2026.

Final Fight list.png

Reactions: Worgen

Hydroom

Nov 29, 2023
My all-time greatest games list is a bit of a mix of classics and more recent gems. Let's see, where do I start? Well, there's The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which holds a special place in my heart for its epic adventure and memorable characters.
But it's not just about the classics; there are some newer titles that have really blown me away, too. Skyrim, for example, is like a whole other world that I can get lost in for hours on end. And let's not forget about Evil Within 2 and Contra 4—both absolute bangers in their own right.
Now, while I've been diving deep into spider solitaire online lately (seriously addictive!), nothing beats the nostalgia and excitement of those old-school gems. It's like taking a trip down memory lane every time I fire up one of those classics.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Damn that MK list is pretty spot on, but I’d probably replace Trilogy with UMK3 arcade version and put it ahead of IV. Maybe even the first row. Fond memories of the first time playing it in the campus arcade. It was early Saturday morning and they only had power going to the hallways for the building it was in, so we ran to a buddies for an extension cord and plugged the fucker in from the hall and played.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Damn that MK list is pretty spot on, but I’d probably replace Trilogy with UMK3 arcade version and put it ahead of IV. Maybe even the first row. Fond memories of the first time playing it in the campus arcade. It was early Saturday morning and they only had power going to the hallways for the building it was in, so we ran to a buddies for an extension cord and plugged the fucker in from the hall and played.
It's been too long since I played UMK3, and the Trilogy version is a console port expansion of it/and combinations of I & II, so I said fuck it and threw on the list. I do like MK4 more than Trilogy and MUK3. MK4 gets an unnecessary bad rap at times. I know MK Gold is better, but I didn't have a Dreamcast, so I couldn't play the upgraded version of 4 much.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
In no particular order

Mass Effect

Devil May Cry 3 & 5

Tekken 5 & 6

Dead or Alive 4 & 5

007: Nightfire

Bayonetta 1 & 2

Sonic Advance 2

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

Mortal Kombat Deception

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Infamous 2

Prototype

Resident Evil 4

Street Fighter Alpha, 4 and 5

Jak and Daxter

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Awww man, I had Tekken 3, black promo disc with shiny black case, then I lent it to a mate and it "disappeared" somehow when some of his other mates came round.
Sucked that happened. They deserve an ass whooping for breaking the gamer borrowing/lending code.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Sucked that happened. They deserve an ass whooping for breaking the gamer borrowing/lending code.
We were a bunch of shiftless raver ne'er do wells back then, he was very loyal, wouldn't have stolen off his bros himself, but definitely an Earl Hickey type, and had other friends who would have had no compunction about stealing stuff off people they didn't know personally.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I have the link on the very first page and post. Here it is again.

Sorry, just saw this on page 3 or 4! On it!

After the Fall VR, Burnout 2 for Xbox, the Halo series and the Forza Horizon series should also be on this list.

In no particular order though started with the oldest stuff:

1714738046740.png

Last edited: