Your video game hot take(s) thread

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
The yellow paint in most of these big budget games don't bother me. You all wanted realistic graphics. There's always gonna be consequences to what you want. You all deserve this; be proud of that.

At least do something that blends well with the environments. The clime-able rocks in MGS5 were highlighted on the map, but the distinguishing physical factor was a large, natural looking vertical crack showing what can be gripped. Even GoW: Ascension (or was it one of the PS3 Uncharted’s) had bird shit on the ledges that could be gripped/climbed.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
At least do something that blends well with the environments. The clime-able rocks in MGS5 were highlighted on the map, but the distinguishing physical factor was a large, natural looking vertical crack showing what can be gripped. Even GoW: Ascension (or was it one of the PS3 Uncharted’s) had bird shit on the ledges that could be gripped/climbed.
And yet some people complain about those too. Ascension actually got complaints from some people from taking too much from Uncharted when it involved the climbing and some platforming. I disagree with the negative nancies. EviI West highlights where to go next with golden-white hilight/flashes on hooks, chains, and hand rails most of the time. No one cried about that, other than possibly biatch GGMan.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Wasn't this whole "yellow paint" thing like one post that got some likes? And now it's a "thing?"

Ugh... just.. .ugh

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wasn't this whole "yellow paint" thing like one post that got some likes? And now it's a "thing?"

Ugh... just.. .ugh
Even before that, There were people complaining about it in God of War 4. Alan Wake, did the yellow paint and highlight thing before everybody else caught on to it. Mirrors Edge too, but at least it has other color highlights. I'm not complaining either way. DmC 2013 used blue and red on where to go next. No one complained about that sign posting aside from the hardcore original DMC fans.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
And yet some people complain about those too. Ascension actually got complaints from some people from taking too much from Uncharted when it involved the climbing and some platforming. I disagree with the negative nancies. EviI West highlights where to go next with golden-white hilight/flashes on hooks, chains, and hand rails most of the time. No one cried about that, other than possibly biatch GGMan.
Just noticed I totally spelled climbable wrong wtf.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I kinda do that in Smite also but Smite has a mastery number you see on loading.
I don't remember that, but it's been a *long* time since I played Smite, possibly long enough that it predates that.

My hot take: The best MOBA was Demigod (2009).

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I don't remember that, but it's been a *long* time since I played Smite, possibly long enough that it predates that.
I think Smite always had the mastery numbers, at least I always remember them on the loading screen under the character portrait. But, I have been playing it so long I might just have forgotten.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'm fairly certain I got that game somehow, maybe with sins of a solar empire?

imo as far as traditional moba, EA version, dawngate, was the one I enjoyed the most.

But HoTS has the best system, but its different enough that I don't really think its fair to compare it to other traditional moba.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

My hot take: all MOBAs are terrible.

This is demonstrated by the fact that every single one has a community toxic enough to make Call of Duty blush.