A Formal Thread about Activision/Blizzard

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well I mean that's my point. I dont understand how a man or woman can claim to be straight, and then go around sexually preying on the same sex, while also proudly proclaiming their straightness. If a dude makes it his mission to grab the dicks of every guy in the office, my first thought isn't "Oh how straight of you."
Activision-Blizzard has allegedly a thing where the "straight" men of the company dared each other to grab the dicks of as many men as possible. And that's just not an overly straight thing to do, predatory nature aside.
They're a bunch of egotistical, self-hating, in-the-closet (whether it gay/bi/pan) imbeciles. A couple of them are ain the closet, but no sane and morally upright person would do shit like this, regardless of sexual orientation.

I'd say because they can pretend that this action is clearly not what they normally do. The bad homosexual (maybe even in me) made me do it
Yes, but there's often a sense of weird homoeroticism about sorts of locker-room, male bonding, fratboy hijinx. Perhaps at some level it's an attempt to display swaggering confidence - "Hey man, I'm so secure in my manly, straight masculinity that this totally isn't at all kinky."
If I ever told my brother about what these assholes do, his reaction: "Y'all, ****** are gay!". He would say it now or back then.

Reactions: SilentPony

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

Seems the employees are doing a walkout tomorrow. and now more than 2000 people have come forward about their experiences.

The more time passes the crazier this gets.
Have they made a list of demands? Sometimes they would ask for more then the immediate issue at hand which I am curious about.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Haven’t read the whole thread yet, but today’s apparently the day -

Meanwhile Bobby K had this to say -

Y’know, as an aside, it’s pretty lamentable that this kind of public response has never had equally effective results against any other types of corruption in corporate and government circles. We the people could clean a lot of things up right quick.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

Y’know, as an aside, it’s pretty lamentable that this kind of public response has never had equally effective results against any other types of corruption in corporate and government circles. We the people could clean a lot of things up right quick.
I better see someone video recording that walkout and strike in front of Blizz HQ to see that it is 100% happening.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I better see someone video recording that walkout and strike in front of Blizz HQ to see that it is 100% happening.
According to Kotaku reports:
"Update 7/28/2021 10 a.m.: Blizzard managers informed their teams yesterday that employees participating in the walkout would get paid time off for it, according to two sources with knowledge of the announcement."

So the walk out people will be getting paid for their involvement in this. Which is a small gesture, but hopefully leads to real change within the company.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
So are there any sites reporting on any of the actual testimony being brought against Blizzard? A cursory look only got me second hand allegations and not first hand accounts.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
So are there any sites reporting on any of the actual testimony being brought against Blizzard? A cursory look only got me second hand allegations and not first hand accounts.
The full text of the complaint by the Deparment of Fair Employment and Housing can be found here: https://aboutblaw.com/YJw
This contains the full list of allegations against Activision-Blizzard. The filing does not contain witness testimony, affidavits, exhibits, or other evidence, as these will be presented to the court later.
Bloomberg will attach relevant documents as they are released to their website here: https://www.bloomberglaw.com/public...USINGvsACTIVISIONBLIZZARDINCETALDo?1627485813

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
The full text of the complaint by the Deparment of Fair Employment and Housing can be found here: https://aboutblaw.com/YJw
This contains the full list of allegations against Activision-Blizzard. The filing does not contain witness testimony, affidavits, exhibits, or other evidence, as these will be presented to the court later.
Bloomberg will attach relevant documents as they are released to their website here: https://www.bloomberglaw.com/public...USINGvsACTIVISIONBLIZZARDINCETALDo?1627485813
Thank you very much.

Edit: Did no one spell check this thing?

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
*Reads first four pages*…

Yikes. Apparently we haven’t learned much as a species over the last thousand or so years. Guess that’s what happens when kids are raised by dipshits and/or left to their own devices, only made exponentially worse in the Information Age where money rules all.

Wonder how many of them are married too, god forbid with kids. A viscous cycle, it is, but ffs it needs to be broken already.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So I've had no trouble boycotting them as I have been since the Blitzchung incident pretty much anyway and this latest controversy really isn't shocking to me because I figured there would be more cases come out of AAA studios.

While this is being presented as a Blizzard issue (seriously I think this may be how Activision plans to deal with this by turning Blizzard as a whole into a sacrificial lamb) it's apparently widespread throughout Activision and many different departments.

Liana K has said about some of the things she saw / had happen just as press

Now I've said all that here's one of the things I'm finding a bit weird / not great going on.

So some people who are subscribers in WOW are not happy over talk of work being stopped etc.
People are yelling that they're toxic.

While I can get the idea of "Maybe give them a bit of time to deal with this". The people complaining are paying customers and I don't see it as wrong for them to express their issue with what is a company as they're not obliged to keep paying and it should be Activision Blizzard figuring out how to deal with this shit.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So some people who are subscribers in WOW are not happy over talk of work being stopped etc.
People are yelling that they're toxic.

While I can get the idea of "Maybe give them a bit of time to deal with this". The people complaining are paying customers and I don't see it as wrong for them to express their issue with what is a company as they're not obliged to keep paying and it should be Activision Blizzard figuring out how to deal with this shit.
Yeah i mean, while complaining about the game might be a bit tone deaf, at the end of the day you are paying for the game.

It's like if you go to a restaurant and order a meal, only to have that meal brought to you undercooked and fucked up, it isn't your problem that the cook keeps groping the waitress. You aren't going to pay or eat a fucked up meal either way. While it is sad that the company treats employees like dirt, as a customer you are paying for the product not for the treatment of the employees and internal staffing problems are not the customer's responsibility right?

Otherwise we all need to throw away our i-phones because they're made by child slaves.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe? I mean they openly and proudly censored players on behalf of the CCP and came out in favor of China's lockdown of Hong Kong. I doubt this will do much to them.
Well the difference here is that support China, technically isn't a felony.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Why am I not seeing video recorded footage of the walkout and strike/protest at Blizz HQ?

I'm sorry but I feel these people demanding justice are failing at trying to make a splash with this.

Get out there, picket sign Blizz HQ, and video record it to the world so they will know it is real and happening so they will stand by you in solidarity!

BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why am I not seeing video recorded footage of the walkout and strike/protest at Blizz HQ?

I'm sorry but I feel these people demanding justice are failing at trying to make a splash with this.

Get out there, picket sign Blizz HQ, and video record it to the world so they will know it is real and happening so they will stand by you in solidarity!

BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING
Patience. You'll have to make do with patience.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
The George Floyd protesters didn't wait days till protesting began. As soon as that video of him on the ground came out, everyone was on the streets in a matter of half a day!

The Occupy Wall Street protesters were faster then this!

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
But he's not wrong that there seems to be a distinct lack of urgency when it comes to this. I keep saying it, but some of what is alleged isn't lawsuit material, its straight up felonies, and there are no arrests, no warrants, Blizzard is just moving on, and the victims are just kinda sorta hoping this will get better some day, maybe. The walkout demands are, if the allegations are true, fucking pathetic. What, more representation? More transparency? More minority groups?! In the rape office? In the drunken grope lunch buffet?
What is being alleged and what is being asked to make parties whole again are not lining up.