Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
But reports have stated that vaccinated people are still getting Rona and still passing it to other people. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the vaccine doesn't it? As there are many people who are immuno-compromised that can't get the vaccine at all.
No vaccine is 100% effective. That's why we need to get it into as many people as possible. For people with legitimate medical exemptions, sure. They're few and far between.
And I'm not really in favor of the government exhibiting more control over our lives.
And I'm not a fan of people dying of a disease we have a vaccine to prevent.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So my body, not my choice?
Your right to throw a punch ends where my nose begins. Familiar with it?

Well, when we all breathe the same air, now we're talking about your right to infect people with a deadly virus.

And our attempts to get your kind to respect that has been close to two years of constant, deafening screaming about MY RIGHTS and complete silence about the rights of others or your responsibilities to those around you.

So excuse us if we've kinda stopped caring about your opinions on such things, because you clearly don't respect ours.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
No vaccine is 100% effective. That's why we need to get it into as many people as possible. For people with legitimate medical exemptions, sure. They're few and far between.
Not to mention the vaccine is not approved for anyone below 12 years old. So a ton of the nations kids.

So a lot of parents(such as myself) are notably concerned about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: CM156

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Your right to throw a punch ends where my nose begins. Familiar with it?

Well, when we all breathe the same air, now we're talking about your right to infect people with a deadly virus.

And our attempts to get your kind to respect that has been close to two years of constant, deafening screaming about MY RIGHTS and complete silence about the rights of others or your responsibilities to those around you.

So excuse us if we've kinda stopped caring about your opinions on such things, because you clearly don't respect ours.
I think we, as a nation, are going through one of our painful and periodic redefinitions of what "freedom" is.

Reactions: Dalisclock

umatbro

Feb 18, 2021
Country
Australia (Not Yahtzee's homeland)
Laxative is relatively wholesome compared to stuff like bleach and piss enemas people have been convinced to experiment with on themselves (and their children, in bleach's case anyway, not aware of kids being subjected to the other one so far). It'll be worse, somehow these humans will find a way.
Ivermectin actually has some merit as its been used to treat malaria. Viruses are parasites like malaria too, right?

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Ivermectin actually has some merit as its been used to treat malaria. Viruses are parasites like malaria too, right?
It hasn't actually. It's been given to communities to reduce malaria transmission by an utterly mundane mechanism. If you feed a community IVM until it's coursing in their veins, mosquitos will kill themselves drinking from people and reduce the spread of malaria, as the theory goes. As mosquitos are not a major vector of spread for COVID, the same method won't be useful here.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Is this a serous question?
Yes, viruses are pathogens. But also work very differently than the type of parasites Ivermectin is used to treat. Comparing the two is like comparing the sun to an orange because they're both round and orange.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
So I'm curious about the forum's general position on the Vaccine-Mandates.

Are ya'll willing to have the government enforce people to get the vaccine in order to keep their jobs? Or you think that's a bit too far?

And at what point does it stop? Are we doomed forever to then have government mandated boosters? All for a virus that is very limiting in whom it is particularly dangerous for?

And then what's to say another government funded virus doesn't appear out of nowhere once the Covid panic fades?

I'm just curious. I'm vaccinated because the hospital made me do it to get my surgery, otherwise I would not have done it. And frankly if anyone doesn't want a vaccine that's their choice and if they get fucked by the Rona, that's the consequence of that choice. Especially with more and more information coming out that the vaccine aint as great as they said it was, because of course it wouldn't be. A normal vaccine takes years and years to perfect and even then they don't always work, how can a vaccine worked on for less than a year have any sort of lasting effect? Let alone have any side effects reasonably tested and understood?
Oddly enough, I feel the same way that I do with the mandates of vaccinations to get into school, as it was always law in New York:

The main thing that was ever harmed was people's egos who want to believe their personal sovereignty is more important than children's lives.

This planet is screwed because people didn't want anyone to tell them differently because they saw profit and/or they didn't want to change for whatever reason.

The US police force has become a mounting military power that has long moved on from flexing their might on just minorities, and have been moving to the majority as well.

We still have old men dictating what women can do with their bodies.

I feel opinions that lead to actual harm of others are opinions that have no weight and no laws should be based on them. Or how it should be always known, the Anti-Conservatives standpoint.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
So I'm curious about the forum's general position on the Vaccine-Mandates.
They've been around for a very long time and very few people have had a problem with them until this specific vaccine. Almost like their problem isn't with vaccines or body autonomy at all, and is actually just about out "conversative values"ing each other for boomer facebook clout.

You had to get certain vaccines to go to school. Soldiers have to get a ton of vaccines for the military. Healthcare workers and first responders have to be completely up to date on vaccinations. These are not new things.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
They've been around for a very long time and very few people have had a problem with them until this specific vaccine. Almost like their problem isn't with vaccines or body autonomy at all, and is actually just about out "conversative values"ing each other for boomer facebook clout.

You had to get certain vaccines to go to school. Soldiers have to get a ton of vaccines for the military. Healthcare workers and first responders have to be completely up to date on vaccinations. These are not new things.
Oh, man, don't remind me. That freaking shot before boot camp? Yeah, anyone who has a problem with the vaccine needs to experience that shot to know how bad that particular cocktail is. Let's just say its nickname among us was "the peanut butter shot". Not because of the color, but because of the consistency.

Sorry, every time I see mention of military vaccines, I just...remember.

umatbro

Feb 18, 2021
Country
Australia (Not Yahtzee's homeland)
It hasn't actually. It's been given to communities to reduce malaria transmission by an utterly mundane mechanism. If you feed a community IVM until it's coursing in their veins, mosquitos will kill themselves drinking from people and reduce the spread of malaria, as the theory goes. As mosquitos are not a major vector of spread for COVID, the same method won't be useful here.

Mosquitos don't spread Covid, but can Ivermectin still kill Covid?

Ender910

Apr 10, 2020
Why them? Australia's at 30 and Israel is about 60 percent.
My bad. Misread the search result on Australia somehow. I'm pretty sure Israel was pretty high a month ago or so, but the numbers may have been changed and might be a bit fudged right now since boosters are being considered as a requirement to qualify as fully vaccinated. In either case, a claim of 100% efficacy is pretty silly given how many breakthrough cases are occurring, and how much vaccinated individuals are technically still managing to spread the virus to others.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Why them? Australia's at 30 and Israel is about 60 percent.
Denmark is at 85% and pretty much all restrictions are nulified over there. Over here in the Netherlands we apparently are at 75% with most covid restrictions gone, no mask mandates except for public transport. There is the issue of wanting that extra 10%, but that would require a vaccination mandate which is already making people go pretty rabid over here too. Afterall, why would you want a cure that's free, harmless, helps you and the people around you, right?

Guess I can't complain since atleast I don't live in America.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Oh, man, don't remind me. That freaking shot before boot camp? Yeah, anyone who has a problem with the vaccine needs to experience that shot to know how bad that particular cocktail is. Let's just say its nickname among us was "the peanut butter shot". Not because of the color, but because of the consistency.

Sorry, every time I see mention of military vaccines, I just...remember.
Give the shits did it? :p

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Move over Ivermectin, gargling with povidone iodine (aka Betadine) is apparently the new orange

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde