General Gaming News.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Which makes you wonder why they even bother putting it on PS Plus in the first place. They might as well not have bothered at all.
I'm guessing it's to cast a wider net. Plenty people on PC don't have a PS4/5, and vice versa.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm guessing it's to cast a wider net. Plenty people on PC don't have a PS4/5, and vice versa.
If they wanted to cast a wider net, then they should have just made both game completely free on all platforms available. Not this whole: "it's free, if you only already bought the game" for console users. Had this been done on the epic store, there would have been way more backlash, and would appear immediately.

What they're doing isn't even casting a wider net. It's taking your wide net and splitting it in half as soon as you throw it out there, because if you believe they'll be able to grab more fish that way.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Its not the full game that's free, it's just the end game content, no story mode apparetnly

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

You know, we should really fix the game first, workout on the bugs and glitches, balance out mechanics and- No? Santa skin first? Well Alright

Why does this feel like the beginning of a slow, agonizing, milked af death of the franchise?

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
They just finished debugging Ocarina of Time. I'll be checking for the PC port every few hours now.

ocarina progress.jpg

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

You know, we should really fix the game first, workout on the bugs and glitches, balance out mechanics and- No? Santa skin first? Well Alright

Why does this feel like the beginning of a slow, agonizing, milked af death of the franchise?
That pic of Santa genuinely dampened my mood for the day. Fuck. I hate to sound cliche, but I think Battlefield might actually be dead. I wonder how long it will take for some other studio to do a better job at making a Battlefield game than DICE and EA.

Anyway, even with this injection of new talent with great resumes, I don't know if this is the talent that Battlefield needed. The franchise was supposed to be a pillar of FPS games along side Halo and CoD, not sucking on those games sweaty armpits for inspiration. If Battlefield comes even close to having that bullshit Warzone integration that CoD has, I am officially done with the franchise.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Update on BF2042 Santa skin fiasco:

Yeah, I do not believe for a sec when they say there is no plan to release the skin this holiday.

I mean I heard the skin was downvoted to hell back in March 2021 QA session, and it still existed in the game.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-plans-new-service-to-take-on-xbox-game-pass

Sorry about the paywall, but the title should be enough. I fucking hate PS+ with all the bones in my body, but making it a game pass style service is a good change in my opinion.

Another shitty Activision thing to add to the pile.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I'm still not watching the shitty awards show though.

You're a cool guy Geoff.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

You're a cool guy Geoff.
I did double take at the part of Activison’s Robert Kostich being the current president of The Game Awards’ advisory board. Conflict of interest much?

Ironically enough, yes he is actually a completely different person than Bobby Kotick.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

You're a cool guy Geoff.
TBH, I only watch these for the announcements. This year's nominees has been rather weird (Like, why is deathllop in so many categories?).

Who knows? Maybe we'll get Injustice 3, Bloodborne coming to PC, or more on FF16.

Or maybe even Half-Life 3? /s

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
So Godfall is also going free on EGS In a few days

godfall going free.PNG

How long has it been since the original release? Like 4 months? Less than a month if you count the PC/PS5 release in mid-November.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America