A Formal Thread about Activision/Blizzard

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Just getting back int he website, and looking at this, and HOLY CRAP! How, how does it get this bad? How in in the name of all that is still good in this world. HOW?

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
...is...is Jim selling unlicensed Pokemon merch?! Oh fuck me, that's going to go over well. Someone should probably tell them that just calling something legally distinct isn't the same as being a separate legal entity.
I mean fuck me, I thought they were smarter than this. Don't they have a running theme on asset flips?

Edit: Shit, it gets even worse. Jim links to the special guest artist on Twitter, and names them Decy...leaving out their twitter name is actually Decy Drawing Every Pokemon.
When did Jim become Bubs from Homestar Runner and just selling other people's stuff? Or is this more of their anti-capitalism shit, where they don't recognize IP anymore?
Didn't get a good look at the shirts because I was doing the dishes with it on, but surely shit like Qwertee being fine means this is likely okay.

Reactions: MrCalavera

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Didn't get a good look at the shirts because I was doing the dishes with it on, but surely shit like Qwertee being fine means this is likely okay.
The Yeetee has a long, proud history of selling "legally distinct" shirts. I've probably got a dozen splatoon ones

Reactions: tstorm823

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
My one of many suggestions for solutions is this.

Ban Alcohol in the work place.

Also, it should be happening now.
I would ban sexual harassers. I regularly imbibe alcohol without assaulting anyone. I'd say my success rate is about 100%.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
YOU, but YOU don't know what happens when other men get drunk.
I know exactly what happens. And that's why those men should be banned from the workplace. If I know someone is just a couple of pints away from groping coworkers I'd rather they not be around.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I find myself somewhat confused that it is even permissible to drink alcohol at work. Like honestly, I'm well and truly baffled.
Pizza parties weren't distracting people from the crushing exploitation anymore. Straight up need to dull the senses now.

To be clear I actually do think alcohol in the work place is a weird and bad idea and should be banned. But only because it impairs people. I'm also generally not in favour of free alcohol for health reasons. What I'm opposing here is the idea that alcohol in the workplace is causing sexual harassment/assault and absolutely fuck that notion. If the person was any more than a craven fucking animal booze wouldn't make them assault people. They are assaulters at their core and booze makes them feel comfortable doing it.

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Are you suggesting that these men did not already have an inclination to harassment and assault and that their innocent minds were corrupted by the Devil's drink? Drinking on the job is a bad idea, but alcohol doesn't give you bad ideas. It just makes your bad ideas sound good.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Deja Vu must be setting in, because you've already made that dumb argument nearly 20 pages ago. The alcohol didn't make them do anything or turn them into worse people. They were already rotten and corrupted to begin with. All the alcohol did is show more of their true selves or make them think the bad idea is a good idea.

Last edited:

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
There's a reason "in vino veritas" is a saying. Or, as Christopher Titus put it in one of his routines when a friend asked him if he could make a jump from a roof into a pool: "...One or two more beers, maybe."

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Here is another article about it. I am immediately skeptical when accusers start demanding money. Because it stops being about preventing and punishing the abuser and instead becomes about people coming forward to get a cut of "free" money. Especially since it is too easy to throw out an allegation. The prinicple act of all of this should be about getting the company to clean up it's act. Compensation because someone made you feel uncomfortable should be WAY WAY down the list if at all present.

Just like the Netflix protest, the first thing out of their mouths was demands for money. There is no reason for it, and no valid excuse for why Netflix should pay someone cash because they put up a show that the employee didn't like.

Blizzard is a bit different, but the bottom line should be about stopping the behavior at the company, because when the answer is "give people money to shut the fuck up about it" it does nothing to change behavior. The behavior should be the primary goal to stop and prevent, not giving Sally a big check because Dan said her dress was nice today.

Also alcohol should absolutely be banned from any and all company functions forever and always. There is too much volitility in how people react to getting a bit sauced that it can't possibly be worth the risk.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Here's my counter to what you are saying. I understand where you are coming from, but how else should the accuser try to get recompense/punish Activision-Blizzard for their alleged actions? Protesting is all well and good, but if you are personally wronged, and you want compensation for it...there's really very few ways a court can actually provide that compensation, and approximately all of them involve a payout.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Here is another article about it. I am immediately skeptical when accusers start demanding money. Because it stops being about preventing and punishing the abuser and instead becomes about people coming forward to get a cut of "free" money.
Yeah, how dare those greedy victims expect to be compensated for damages. Don't they understand that the justice system is only for putting poor people in prison?

Compensation because someone made you feel uncomfortable should be WAY WAY down the list if at all present.
That you characterize harassment and abuse as "making someone feel uncomfortable" tells me that you've never been the subject of either of those things in your life.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Here's my counter to what you are saying. I understand where you are coming from, but how else should the accuser try to get recompense/punish Activision-Blizzard for their alleged actions? Protesting is all well and good, but if you are personally wronged, and you want compensation for it...there's really very few ways a court can actually provide that compensation, and approximately all of them involve a payout.
Wouldn't the recompence be a safe and welcoming work environment?

Like I get it, you feel wronged and it's natural to want something back for it.

But at the same time, how can you control who was actually wronged, versus someone just wanting to say they were wronged to get the free money? The goal of all of this should not be a free payday, it should be a safe, enjoyable, and welcoming place to work from from such potential "wrongs". That alone should be enough because that would completely solve all the problems now and in the future (hopefully).

Especially since it's also hard to issue any sort of judgements based of allegations. On top of the wide array of degrees to which someone was "wronged".

Let's say you and another co-worker were getting harassed by a supervisor. The supervisor is always "accidentally" groping your co-worker's breasts, but you get a full on ass grab. Do you both deserve the same money? What if one of you was molested and the other was raped, but you have no way to prove either thing happened and you can only accuse? How do you sort that out, and how to you prevent people from exaggerating their claims when money possibly attached to the severity of the claim?

You can't and that's why I don't feel that there should be direct compensations for anyone. Put money into funds that provide global benefits for employees instead, things like better medical coverage, more vacation days, paid meals, things that keep the work environment happy and general provide a better workplace overall.