Old video game commercials you remember.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Let's take a trip down memory lane and post video game commercials you remember from your childhood.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada

Kind of makes the game seem a bit more somber than it actually is. Kind of set my impression of the whole game.

Edit: Here's another one I always saw at the end of my Pokemon VHS episodes:

Pretty messed up really. Like some sort of pokemon serial killer.

Last edited:

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Some commercials from when I was a youngster. First up, Sega, I only realize now what nightmare fuel this advert was.

One kinda WTF advert for Zelda 2

And some people who really like Mario.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I don't remember having ever seen television commercials of games back in the day.

Nowadays when watching the Disney channel with little ones, there's like three Nintendo switch commercials in a single break.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Just this one. Video game tv commercials was not really a thing around here back in the 90's.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Halo 3 "Believe" ad was probably the oldest one i actually have seen on tv(tv ads for video games were a rarity here)

Or maybe i just remember it, cause it was really good

As for actual OLD tv commercials: POLE POSITIOOOOON

It will bust your crackcrank... And leave SKID MARKS on your soul!

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I remember being so hyped for Mad World. I still remember the first trailer, and was excited for what the former Clover Studios would bring to the gaming table. The 30 Second Ad barely got any play time on TV, but you mostly find it on TV(s) at a GameStop. I've seen the commercial a couples at home, late at night on adult_swim. Some times Comedy Central too.

[

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Bah, you youngsters and your "old" commercials; I'm surprised to have found this one in color.

EDIT: I'd forgotten Buster Douglas had a videogame. Dude was the first to beat Mike Tyson, did jack shit else, but the second Tyson hit the mat, developers were like "we need to make a game about this fucking legend!" What a waste.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The twelve year old me always considered these commercials bad ass! The game itself is average, and the sequels only got worse, but the original is a decent and fun time. Play the PS2 or GC version; they're easier on the difficulty.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Some commercials from when I was a youngster. First up, Sega, I only realize now what nightmare fuel this advert was.

I'll do ya one better:

EDIT: I'd forgotten Buster Douglas had a videogame. Dude was the first to beat Mike Tyson, did jack shit else, but the second Tyson hit the mat, developers were like "we need to make a game about this fucking legend!" What a waste.
A lot of people believed that Tyson was on drugs during the match thanks to apparent sluggishness; others figured he'd been paid to throw the bout and wasn't the least bit interested in kayfabe.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Zelda minish cap is the first game I've ever played in the franchise. It was the first game I've ever owned when I moved to US.
MC has a special place in my heart for helping me getting through those early years in the US, and just being an overall awesome game.