General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I don't know why Google autocorrected games and will to James and I'll. I just fixed it. Thank you.
Maybe James is in the closet and he will be coming out later this year. i dunno your life man :).

Either way I was talking about several years from now, not just this year in regards to Witcher and Tomb Raider. Thus "future problem".

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

HOLY SHIT the Control folks are going to remake the classic Max Paynes! Well how about that, hot damn.

Oh wait....remakes are bad...or...i dunno.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Oh my god. Please let them be full remakes, not remasters with a new graphics engine. Show the other third person shooter developers how it's done.

Then again, considering how bland Control and Quantum Break were...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

HOLY SHIT the Control folks are going to remake the classic Max Paynes! Well how about that, hot damn.

Remedy I trust; Rockstar I don't. Rockstar can still fuck off. I'll wait and see.

Then again, considering how bland Control and Quantum Break were...
QB was just weak sauce, discount Vanquish and wasted potential on manipulating time. I can't say anything about Control, but at least you have way more moving and shooting options. Instead of yet another cover shooter with regen health by sucking your thumb behind a wall.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
QB was just weak sauce, discount Vanquish and wasted potential on manipulating time. I can't say anything about Control, but at least you have way more moving and shooting options. Instead of yet another cover shooter with regen health by sucking your thumb behind a wall.
Much of Control's weak story was those boring in-game conversations where the same few canned animations are repeated over and over and the camera just keeps going back and forth (shot, reverse shot, shot, reverse shot) as the characters stand there in the most awkward, uncinematic way possible. The Mass Effect way.

For a game with a transforming gun, I found it pretty sad that you could only choose between four weapon forms at a time, unless you went into the sub-menu, pausing the game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Much of Control's weak story was those boring in-game conversations where the same few canned animations are repeated over and over and the camera just keeps going back and forth (shot, reverse shot, shot, reverse shot) as the characters stand there in the most awkward, uncinematic way possible. The Mass Effect way.
Fair enough.

For a game with a transforming gun, I found it pretty sad that you could only choose between four weapon forms at a time, unless you went into the sub-menu, pausing the game.
Still better and more options than Quantum Break in that regard.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Ubisoft big-wig: Okay guys, our last annoucement regaring NFT wasn't received well. What can we do to save our company?

Ubisoft exec 1: Make better games?

Ubisoft exec 2: Double, triple, and quadraple down on the NFTs nad implement it in other games?

Ubisoft big-wig: BRILLIANT! Give this one a raise in NFT!

JFC, EA actually look like saints now

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Yeah, I am really skeptical. I mean they did make good tps games recently, but it's the Rockstart part I'm worried about. Then again, the devs this time aren't the internal morons who fucked up GTA "Definitive Edition", so I guess there's one silver lining.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: Dalisclock

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Really don't know why the developers saw fit to subtitle all the Chinese of the bad guys (in parentheses, almost like SDH). First of all, Spider-Man, MJ and Miles don't speak Chinese, and second, most of the stuff that's subbed is totally unimportant. Game devs never have any taste for this stuff. Rockstar got it with Max Payne 3. Max was a stranger in a foreign country, so they chose to leave all the Portuguese without subs.

I don't pretend to know the comics, but this seems kind of overly violent and grim. Pistol-whipping, blood, terrorism, the way Spider-Man pulls their heads into beams before tying them up.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Really don't know why the developers saw fit to subtitle all the Chinese of the bad guys (in parentheses, almost like SDH). First of all, Spider-Man, MJ and Miles don't speak Chinese, and second, most of the stuff that's subbed is totally unimportant. Game devs never have any taste for this stuff. Rockstar got it with Max Payne 3. Max was a stranger in a foreign country, so they chose to leave all the Portuguese without subs.

I don't pretend to know the comics, but this seems kind of overly violent and grim. Pistol-whipping, blood, terrorism, the way Spider-Man pulls their heads into beams before tying them up.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States