Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so where is the line here exactly?

If I don't want to partake in gay sex am I a homophobe then?

Are people not allowed to be into and not be into various things.

Sorry but gay characters just don't do anything for some people. Are they obliged to force themselves to pretend to enjoy said media now or you plan o yell that they're homophobes for just not being into it?
Why the hell are you equating gay characters with gay sex? Fucking hell. We can exist as human beings aside from what we do in bed, you know.

Just fucking imagine that last paragraph with other groups of people. "Sorry but black characters just don't do it for some people. Are they obliged to pretend to enjoy said media now or will you yell at them that they're racists for just not being into it?"

Uhrm, yeah, if you're "not into" the mere presence of people with certain characteristics, then you're prejudiced.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Why the hell are you equating gay characters with gay sex?
Because that's what all of this comes down to. In the conservative mindset gay = wanting to have sex with men. Therefor, wanting gay characters in a Disney movie means wanting to expose little children to sex. Wanting gay to be a normal thing that can be discussed in the classroom means wanting to sexually groom children, cuz gay = sex.

Straight apparently does NOT equal sex, eventhough straight people have sex all the time, and the sexualization of straight people is everywhere, even in movies meant for children. Only when it's gay does it become not okay, and grooming, and perverted, and 'think of the children'.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, then you're straight, or asexual, or just not in the mood for sex. Classic strawman though.

See, that wasn't so hard to just come out and say, now was it? No need to bring in rap music and Korean films.

And they're allowed to not be into gay characters for the simple fact that they are gay - There's no law against that. But they are homophobic, clear and simple.

Gee, I was wondering when this dumb excuse would come along. If this was at all in good faith I'd bother explaining why this argument is fucking stupid, but it's not so I won't. Proceed to claim I am therefore unable to refute your argument or something.

Again media representation of characters often boiling down to a lot of stereotypes which can mean character's end up boiled down to a simple character trait. E.G. I didn't like Bill in Doctor Who because whoever was writing her wasn't happy to just let her be a lesbian but had to have her say once per episode at least "I'm a Lesbian". They couldn't happily go with letting people find out they had to make it almost a big point to point it out. So yeh does that make it homophobic because that character trait came so much to be the main defining trait of the character pushed hard in the show?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Why the hell are you equating gay characters with gay sex? Fucking hell. We can exist as human beings aside from what we do in bed, you know.
Tell that the media creators lol

Just fucking imagine that last paragraph with other groups of people. "Sorry but black characters just don't do it for some people. Are they obliged to pretend to enjoy said media now or will you yell at them that they're racists for just not being into it?"

Uhrm, yeah, if you're "not into" the mere presence of people with certain characteristics, then you're prejudiced.
So to be clear I'm obliged to enjoy the media often stereotyping black people with shows vaguely about "The hood" or whatever or I'm prejudice?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Because that's what all of this comes down to. In the conservative mindset gay = wanting to have sex with men. Therefor, wanting gay characters in a Disney movie means wanting to expose little children to sex. Wanting gay to be a normal thing that can be discussed in the classroom means wanting to sexually groom children, cuz gay = sex.

Straight apparently does NOT equal sex, eventhough straight people have sex all the time, and the sexualization of straight people is everywhere, even in movies meant for children. Only when it's gay does it become not okay, and grooming, and perverted, and 'think of the children'.
Jesus we're going to end up with Terminal Blue coming in on about how Gay people have a unique special culture all of their own now such that it's a whole different lifestyle so much better than straight people........... again..........

Sorry but it's a definition of a sexual preference, or should be not as some media would have it shown the the core thing at the heard of some characters and almost a core defining thing about some characters

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Tell that the media creators lol
Most gay characters in media aren't engaged in sexual practices. You're the one making that equation; don't fob it off.

So to be clear I'm obliged to enjoy the media often stereotyping black people with shows vaguely about "The hood" or whatever or I'm prejudice?
Is that your sole understanding of black people?

If your enjoyment of a piece of media relies on black or gay people not being present, then yes, you're prejudiced.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Again it's a sexual orientation not a sole defining character trait.
Like heterosexuality.

But you don't equate the presence of a straight character with the presence of sex.

You have a double standard.

No, seems to increasingly be the medias view though.
You are the one making this simplistic, prejudiced assumption. You are the one saying that you don't "enjoy" media with certain types of people in it.

Don't fob it off. What cowardly, disingenuous shit.

Reactions: Casual Shinji

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Like heterosexuality.

But you don't equate the presence of a straight character with the presence of sex.

You have a double standard.

You are the one making this simplistic, prejudiced assumption. You are the one saying that you don't "enjoy" media with certain types of people in it.

Don't fob it off. What cowardly, disingenuous shit.
See my comments about media representation of characters over the past however many things comments.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

Now that he's been banned from Academy events for the next decade, resigned from AMPAS, lost most of his upcoming movie roles, had his talent agency threaten to drop him, and had plenty of people call for his Oscar to be revoked, can we finish cutting our pound of flesh from Will Smith?

Reactions: Buyetyen

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
To be clear, I'd prefer kindergarten teachers not explaining that they are straight to their students. That's kinda creepy.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Why not? How do you know a character is straight without at least on implication of who they want to have sex with?

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
To be clear, I'd prefer kindergarten teachers not explaining that they are straight to their students. That's kinda creepy.
Well, then they should never make reference to their spouses. And probably shouldn't be wearing their wedding bands either. They should probably avoid mentioning any family, too, because their parents had to have sex in order to create them. Wouldn't want to confuse the kids with all that heterosexuality, after all.

Why not? How do you know a character is straight without at least on implication of who they want to have sex with?
There's a difference between romantic and sexual love and attraction. I know that. You know that. So who are you bullshitting?