Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Your thread is at least useful and more than helpful. This thread here is nothing, but a big fat joke. The "Woke" thread started off as whiny fit over some dumb game jurno complaining, because a small group of developers are all white. Not something worth making a thread over, and something that should have gone into gaming news or article thread. He only changed to woke afterward to make it have "relevance", and not look like a big waste of everyone's time.
Dude the Anti-Woke world thread has spent pages whining about random Q-anon people with like 1,000 followers on twitter or hell Alex Jones.

Are we trying to argue in all honesty Alex Jones is more influential and trusted than a number of games journalists are?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Woke is a bunch of random disparate ideas and people that you shove into a box called woke.

Qanon is a bunch of disparate ideas and people who SAY they are Qanon

When people are talking about 'random people' and woke, it's because they are being placed in that box whether or not they are woke. When people are talking about 'random people' and Q, they are Q... because that's what they self identity as
So is all Q-Anon anti-woke or is the Anti woke lot as it's called just also a number of other groups all being lumped together as "The Baddies" by a loose collection of people who believe they somehow see the world and systems in a way no-one else can and it's their job to wake everyone else up to how fucked up the world is and how if only everyone would do just what they said and not deviate at all from it the world would suddenly become a utopian society?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
And?

Sexual harassment doesn't only refer to harassment that has a sexual motivation, but to any form of harassment on the basis of sex.
No it's not. Words have meanings and should be used as what their meanings are.

Sexual harassment is a type of harassment involving the use of explicit or implicit sexual overtones, including the unwelcome and inappropriate promises of rewards in exchange for sexual favors.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
While cringeworthy, it still seems like a good woke tool for woke people to make their games """equally""" diverse (the scoring system is beyond ridiculous nevertheless). Those cartoon animal games don't need it, because the writers there can just think that "hey I think we could use a girl character or two", or y'know, just come up with "a mad scientist with a nuke stuck in his head". This tool is for people that value the sort of all inclusive diversity that one people just writing about what they feel like doesn't cover. Yeah, it's antithetical to art, but these developers aren't in the art business.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No it's not. Words have meanings and should be used as what their meanings are.

Sexual harassment is a type of harassment involving the use of explicit or implicit sexual overtones, including the unwelcome and inappropriate promises of rewards in exchange for sexual favors.
Yeh I don't get how it's sexual harassment either.

You can't even argue it's sex based harrassment anymore unless Terminal wants to look at what that implies. I mean we keep being told men can get pregnant now so it makes sense to argue it's not sexual harassment because women can have male pattern baldness now too (That's even before going into actual conditions like alopecia etc which oddly links this back to the previous talks about Jada Pinkett Smith and Chris Rock telling a joke)

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And now for two things.

One bit of silly nonsense from twitter

Apparently a weird campaign to get people to use the staffed tills is underway and this guy is now part of a weird backlash to it arguing that people who want others to use the staffed tills are being ableist.

And one bit that didn't get talked about here.

Dave Chapelle was attacked on stage at the Hollywood Superbowl

The guy will face no criminal charges and only misdemeanours despite having been carrying a replica gun and a real knife when he ran on stage but because he wasn't openly waving them round he's not facing any charges for them relating to the attack.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And more

Gamers to blame mass shootings because um..... they won't emphatically embrace and march in lock step with some authoritarian self proclaimed left wing ideals and act like good little foot soldiers??

Oh and this

Curb your enthusiasm music plays

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
You can't force people to use the words you want them to use, it's only like the 1st amendment.

And there is a bunch of exceptions to the first amendment, such as sexual harrasment. Besides that, the very fact that some people are so incapable of not being assholes to others that they invoke the first amendment is stupid, learn some manners, put in some effort, the whole world doesn't revolve around you, snowflake.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
You can't force people to use the words you want them to use, it's only like the 1st amendment.

The first amendment only means that the government cannot punish you for saying shit. It does not mean you're allowed to be a dick and get away with it.

Reactions: thestor

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
And there is a bunch of exceptions to the first amendment, such as sexual harrasment. Besides that, the very fact that some people are so incapable of not being assholes to others that they invoke the first amendment is stupid, learn some manners, put in some effort, the whole world doesn't revolve around you, snowflake.
The first amendment only means that the government cannot punish you for saying shit. It does not mean you're allowed to be a dick and get away with it.
Neither of you read the story, the other person was the one being the dick.

"She had been screaming at one of Braden’s friends to use proper pronouns, calling him profanity, and this friend is very soft-spoken, and kind of just sunk down into his chair," Rabidoux said. "Braden finally came up, defending him, saying ‘He doesn’t have to use proper pronouns, it’s his constitutional right to not use, you can’t make him say things.’"

"It’s not sexual harassment under Title IX, under their own policy, under federal law, and it’s probably a First Amendment violation. Almost certainly, if that’s their theory, that solely using the wrong pronoun, that that would be a First Amendment violation," said Luke Berg, the attorney representing the boys.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Neither of you read the story, the other person was the one being the dick.

"She had been screaming at one of Braden’s friends to use proper pronouns, calling him profanity, and this friend is very soft-spoken, and kind of just sunk down into his chair," Rabidoux said. "Braden finally came up, defending him, saying ‘He doesn’t have to use proper pronouns, it’s his constitutional right to not use, you can’t make him say things.’"

"It’s not sexual harassment under Title IX, under their own policy, under federal law, and it’s probably a First Amendment violation. Almost certainly, if that’s their theory, that solely using the wrong pronoun, that that would be a First Amendment violation," said Luke Berg, the attorney representing the boys.
This does not change my opinion. People have a right to get angry if you're misgendering them because the only reason to do it is to be a dick. I'm sure you will postulate that there are other reasons, but you're fucking wrong.

Also, a private citizen is not the government. Free speech protections do not apply there. If you come into my house and start saying uncouth shit, I'm going to force you to leave and there's no law saying you can stop me.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Um so the people asking the world conform to how they like it to be are what again?
Sometimes you meet asshole it happens.
sometimes being rude has a purpose and use.

At what point does it stop being the government and start being the private sector is the true question.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This does not change my opinion. People have a right to get angry if you're misgendering them because the only reason to do it is to be a dick. I'm sure you will postulate that there are other reasons, but you're fucking wrong.
[Insert clip of Pen & Teller bullshit about the idea you have the right to be offended, you don't have the right to never be offended]

Point is you have to make an argument for why rather than hurl abuse and hope to force people to cow to their demands.

But so far most adults can't seem to come up with any decent reason for most new pronouns let alone the 100+ proposed ones.
If people insist on playing this stupid game just watch as if precedent is set it gets abused as anyone failing to call a priest reverend is able to be hauled to court. Anyone failing to call some-one with an honorary PhD doctor gets dragged to court. So when can we expect people to start using Trump's title of Dr Donald Trump I wonder?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

Also, a private citizen is not the government. Free speech protections do not apply there. If you come into my house and start saying uncouth shit, I'm going to force you to leave and there's no law saying you can stop me.
So if the story is 100% accurate, the shy kid that is confused about the language that means no harm is the one being a dick and the other person swearing at him is in the right?

Your house is private property, the school is public property.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
So if the story is 100% accurate, the shy kid that is confused about the language that means no harm is the one being a dick and the other person swearing at him is in the right?

Your house is private property, the school is public property.
I rather doubt the story is 100% accurate. You're very credulous.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I rather doubt the story is 100% accurate. You're very credulous.
I asked you a hypothetical question, care to answer it?

I'm not trying to claim it's 100% accurate, but until more information comes out, that is what we have. It's not sexual harassment even if the shy kid wasn't shy and the bully in the situation being a complete asshole, he deserves the same punishment as any other kid that is being mean to another kid.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No, because I prefer to deal in facts.

Yes you are. If you weren't, the "but" would have been totally unnecessary.
Why not? I want to know how strong your bias is.

I posted a news story and I claim it's as factual as one can claim any news story to be. The main facts are true, kids are getting charged with sexual harassment for using the wrong pronoun, which is complete bullshit regardless if they were the bullies or not. Sure, it may have not played out based on the person being interviewed said just like any other witness testimony as there's always 2 stories and the truth is somewhere in the middle most of the time.