General Gaming News.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
The new Final Fantasy game looks hella cool!

Um... it's "news" because I just saw the trailer even though I know I'm late to the party. It's just... I don't like Final Fantasy games, normally. I played 8 and 7remake, that's it. FF14 is an MMO no thanks and FF15 looks hella lame to me. But 16 just looks fun? I hope it is- if a pleb like me likes it then franchise fans will hate it and everyone will internet fight about it, yay!

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The new Final Fantasy game looks hella cool!

Um... it's "news" because I just saw the trailer even though I know I'm late to the party. It's just... I don't like Final Fantasy games, normally. I played 8 and 7remake, that's it. FF14 is an MMO no thanks and FF15 looks hella lame to me. But 16 just looks fun? I hope it is- if a pleb like me likes it then franchise fans will hate it and everyone will internet fight about it, yay!
Combat designer from DMC5 is working on it. That is why it looks so awesome!

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

ASmongold's Org is doing a games fest today which is going to be nothing but up coming indie game devs, and he's offering a prize to the best indie game or something along those lines. Might be a cool event and it's neat he's trying to bring attention to tiny game devs who've maybe not had their chance in the spotlight yet.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Splatoon 3 is ramping up and they just released the first renders of the enemy octolings

They certainly are something

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

MW2 campaign gameplay reveal. And yes, it's about what you can expect from a COD game.

Oh and preorder for early access to open beta. Can't forget about early access to open beta! /s

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Preaching to the universal choir here. Thank the brawling gods and goddesses that the games I am excited for come out this month or during the summer.
I'm still excited for Saint's Row tbh. But that's honestly the only release before God of War that's currently on my radar still. Gonna be a light back end of the year I think.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm still excited for Saint's Row tbh. But that's honestly the only release before God of War that's currently on my radar still. Gonna be a light back end of the year I think.
The indie side has new releases for days. So there is only drought, if you're playing only AAA and nothing else. Or not playing games you never played before. Yahtzee actually mentioned how there is "nothing out there right now!", hence his review of SIFU today. There is Yahtz, just start playing games you never got around to playing or search something else. You have options. Every gamer has options.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The indie side has new releases for days. So there is only drought, if you're playing only AAA and nothing else. Or not playing games you never played before. Yahtzee actually mentioned how there is "nothing out there right now!", hence his review of SIFU today. There is Yahtz, just start playing games you never got around to playing or search something else. You have options. Every gamer has options.
I might make a thread about my unplayed backlog and let people pick the next game I play.

Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Wait, how're they pretending to justify a price hike on PC? Like, I know the price hike excuse is also bull for next gen consoles, but what are they pretending changed on PC?
I wouldn't be bothered if the increase in price meant a better game, but I think Half-Life 3 would come out before that ever happens

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I might make a thread about my unplayed backlog and let people pick the next game I play.
I install game on my PC and just pile the icons in a corner, force me to play them before they overtake the whole screen.

TBF to starfield, they've been working on it for a long time now so maybe they've been avoiding crunch?