General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

It actually looks worse that the original! How the fuck do you pull that off?
"It's not about having better graphics, it's about bringing more audience to the game. And I don't appreciate all these toxicities towards the game!"
-Neil Druckmann, probably

And they want $70 for this new edition. Holy shit, that actually makes me sick

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why does it keep getting worse?

There goes part of that 49% Sony was talking about when it came to expanding multiplayer games. So much for games are art, and all about the single player experience. I do see some backlash, but not enough. Hypocritical douches. Glad I am not a fan.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

It actually looks worse that the original! How the fuck do you pull that off?
I mean technically it does look better with higher quality assets and animation, etc. It’s just the fact they’re milking this sucker like they’re trying to compete with Take 2/Rockstar and it’s getting ridiculous. It will sell but I wish it wouldn’t because they don’t need to be encouraged to keep doing this.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I mean technically it does look better with higher quality assets and animation, etc. It’s just the fact they’re milking this sucker like they’re trying to compete with Take 2/Rockstar and it’s getting ridiculous. It will sell but I wish it wouldn’t because they don’t need to be encouraged to keep doing this.
The timing is just so off. After the release of the second game and the dust had somewhat settled, whether you liked it or you hated, it's undeniable everyone was left exhausted by this whole ordeal. At the very least I think I can confidently say most people weren't in a rush for more Last of Us content. And then Naughty Dog is like 'we're remaking the first game, cool right?' I'm sure I wasn't the only one that let out a 10-ton sigh at this. Like, the second game squashed all life out of these characters, and now we're getting a remake of the first game - read the room Naughty Dog.

Who knows, maybe the TLoU fanbase is creaming their pants over this, but I'm so fucking tired. At least this remake will release in September, so hopefully, finally Naughty Dog can move on to something else.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Who knows, maybe the TLoU fanbase is creaming their pants over this, but I'm so fucking tired. At least this remake will release in September, so hopefully, finally Naughty Dog can move on to something else.
I know a lot of things are going to hate online only aspect of the game that's just dumb.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Also, I'm really curious about the faces in this TLoU remake. So obviously all the characters that were in both the first and second game will get the faces from TLoU2 transplanted for this remake, but what about all the characters who didn't get a next-gen upgrade for the sequel? Are they going invest too much time in making the faces of Tess, Bill, Henry, Sam, Riley, and David look up to par with the faces of the sequel for this remake? What about facial capture? They're probably not going to get the original actors back to do mo-cap for that, right?

I have a sneaking suspicion these new faces are going to look a tad bargain bin compared to the returning faces from TLoU2.