General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Look, I get people love the gameplay of Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing, but do these games have to have an uncanny resemblance to those two games?

Like, holy shit if someone told me that Super Zoo Story was a mod for SV, I would've believed them

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Look, I get people love the gameplay of Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing, but do these games have to have an uncanny resemblance to those two games?

Like, holy shit if someone told me that Super Zoo Story was a mod for SV, I would've believed them
Roots of Pacha at least has an interesting take on SV. Not to bash the other two but the idea of being the first people/person to essentially create civilization is kinda a cool idea that appeals to me in a way the other SV type games don't.

Last edited:

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
The Last of Us remake is a lot more controversial than I would have expected, but I guess I kind of get it.

It is completely unnecessary. The PS4 Remaster is a perfectly fine version of the game....

But I am a massive slut for remasters and remakes. I spend a lot of time replaying games, and I want to play the best version of a game possible. So if that means a remake, of a remaster, of a game that is less than 10 years old? Im all for it. I love The Last of Us. I will very happily play this version of the game.

Also PC.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Last of Us remake is a lot more controversial than I would have expected, but I guess I kind of get it.

It is completely unnecessary. The PS4 Remaster is a perfectly fine version of the game....

But I am a massive slut for remasters and remakes. I spend a lot of time replaying games, and I want to play the best version of a game possible. So if that means a remake, of a remaster, of a game that is less than 10 years old? Im all for it. I love The Last of Us. I will very happily play this version of the game.

Also PC.
Just remember you asked for it.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Also PC.
I'm an equally big slut for remasters/remakes, but this Last of Us remake looks like it's getting the same visually dreary treatement as TLoU2.

Everything just looks washed out and drained of its color. Realistic visuals can be colorful developers, just look out the window.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'm an equally big slut for remasters/remakes, but this Last of Us remake looks like it's getting the same visually dreary treatement as TLoU2.

Everything just looks washed out and drained of its color. Realistic visuals can be colorful developers, just look out the window.
What bothers me the most about the remake graphically is that the faces look too old. Like they just put the face scans from TLOU2 onto the younger characters and it looks gross. The faces dont de-age right and it makes a weird uncanny valley effect that makes it look just outright bad.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
What bothers me the most about the remake graphically is that the faces look too old. Like they just put the face scans from TLOU2 onto the younger characters and it looks gross. The faces dont de-age right and it makes a weird uncanny valley effect that makes it look just outright bad.
I wouldn't say the faces look too old, but with Ellie there's definitely a bigger change since her face in the original game looked a lot more doll-like. Her eyes were closer together and her nose and mouth were smaller, since back in the PS3 days that was the only real way to convey youth in a character. I think they obviously did take the faces from TLoU2, but they took them from the very start of that game when the characters were still pretty much the same age as they were in the first game.

I can understand the faces looking off when you're just used to how they've always looked, but when I disconnect myself from that I think the faces look fine overall. I think at 2:42 Joel's face looks a little grubby and mushed, but that's about it.

My big issue really is the apparent lack of sharp lighting and color. Something that really added to the world in the first game was how vibrant and lush all the overgrown scenery was, contrasting the beauty of nature with the ruins of human civilization. This was a sorely missed aspect in the sequel, and now the remake is seemingly getting rid of it too.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I wouldn't say the faces look too old, but with Ellie there's definitely a bigger change since her face in the original game looked a lot more doll-like. Her eyes were closer together and her nose and mouth were smaller, since back in the PS3 days that was the only real way to convey youth in a character. I think they obviously did take the faces from TLoU2, but they took them from the very start of that game when the characters were still pretty much the same age as they were in the first game.

I can understand the faces looking off when you're just used to how they've always looked, but when I disconnect myself from that I think the faces look fine overall. I think at 2:42 Joel's face looks a little grubby and mushed, but that's about it.

My big issue really is the apparent lack of sharp lighting and color. Something that really added to the world in the first game was how vibrant and lush all the overgrown scenery was, contrasting the beauty of nature with the ruins of human civilization. This was a sorely missed aspect in the sequel, and now the remake is seemingly getting rid of it too.
But Shinji!....Did. You. Not. Know? To be mature and adult is to be gray, dull, and ugly!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Naughty Dog, Sony, and the critics and fans constantly sucking their dicks are still stuck in the 7th generation of consoles.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Some expert trolling from Capcom. Meanwhile, Jurassic World: Dominion has the grossing opening weekend for a non-superhero movie since the lockdowns began. It's so obvious what they have to do. It was obvious seven years ago, after the first movie.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Some expert trolling from Capcom. Meanwhile, Jurassic World: Dominion has the grossing opening weekend for a non-superhero movie since the lockdowns began. It's so obvious what they have to do. It was obvious seven years ago, after the first movie.
I actually posted that video back when the first trailer came out. I am curious about this game, but I still want a DC game too. Odds are this was a DC game at one point, but became something else once it deviated so far from the original idea. This was Capcom's MO throughout a lot of the early 2000s.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
But Shinji!....Did. You. Not. Know? To be mature and adult is to be gray, dull, and ugly!
In the 7th generation, sure, but the 8th generation pretty much put the final nail in that coffin. And in the 7th generation it was Naughty Dog that actually decided to finally add some color to the AAA western market, including the first Last of Us game. Horizon, God of War, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima; these are all realistic games that are brimming with color, sooooo what the fuck is your excuse Naughty Dog?

Brokencontroller

Elite Member
Dec 30, 2021
Country
usa
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker