Queen Elizabeth II, Longest Reigning Monarch of England/UK, Dies

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

Not much I can comment on. As far as I've seen, she was a perfectly nice woman, who just got a lot of shade thrown at her for being royalty, but again, I'm an American looking in from the outside, so maybe there's more people in the know would be able to tell me.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Oh well. More taxpayer money soon to be wasted away not going on the NHS and other public services yet again. She had a gd run. Unlike so many under the poverty line who's lives are going to only get much worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaluikhain

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Fair play to her, she hung on as long as she could to stop her idiot family from taking the throne. Got to respect that.

TV and radio is going to unbearable for the next month. Thankfully I have plenty of other stuff to keep me distracted. Also, may get bank holidays for the funeral and coronation of whichever dipshit is next on the throne.

I'm not a royalist in case you hadn't guessed. But R.I.P Queenie.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK

Not much I can comment on. As far as I've seen, she was a perfectly nice woman, who just got a lot of shade thrown at her for being royalty, but again, I'm an American looking in from the outside, so maybe there's more people in the know would be able to tell me.
Yeah, nothing personal against the woman, but the institution she represents really does need to go the way of the dodo. And by that, I mean eaten by hungry sailors.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Feels like the end of an era. RIP your Majesty and long live the King.

Reactions: BrawlMan

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Fair play to her, she hung on as long as she could stop her idiot family from taking the throne. Got to respect that.

TV and radio is going to unbearable for the next month. Thankfully I have plenty of other stuff to keep me distracted. Also, may get bank holidays for the funeral and coronation of whichever dipshit is next on the throne.

I'm not a royalist in case you hadn't guessed. But, R.I.P Queenie.
Unless something's changed (and given all the scandals, it may well could have), Prince Charles is next in line, I believe.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I have been informed from other sources that there may actually be reason to dislike Queen Elizabeth, for the record. Apparently, soon-to-be King Charles was naughty with some people of an inappropriate age, and the Queen covered it up to protect the family image. If true...yikes.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
You'd have thought that with all their money, the royals could pay for their own funerals.
Ex-fucking-actly. They're not short of a few bob. Yet someone close in my family died recently and we still had to borrow money to get the most affordable funeral for them, which only caused even more problems.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Oh well. More taxpayer money soon to be wasted away not going on the NHS and other public services yet again. She had a gd run. Unlike so many under the poverty line who's lives are going to only get much worse.
I mean its not like the conservatives would have spend that money on those things even if they didn't need to pay for the funeral.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I mean its not like the conservatives would have spend that money on those things even if they didn't need to pay for the funeral.
True, I was going by their own stated logic for defunding public services as there being "no magic money tree" no money there's just no monies, sorry.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
You know what this means......

SUCESSION CRiSIS!
*Fires Up Crusader Kings*

Oh, Charles is King? Nevermind then.

*Sadly turns off Crusader Kings*

In All seriousness, RIP Queen Liz.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Twitter is a cesspit of hatred though, I learned of this while checking my gaming feed and people are making up brutal shit just to shit talk this lady. The internet was a mistake.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
You know what this means......

SUCESSION CRiSIS!
*Fires Up Crusader Kings*

Oh, Charles is King? Nevermind then.

*Sadly turns off Crusader Kings*

In All seriousness, RIP Queen Liz.
Imagine waiting to become King. Only for your mom to live 100 years and you get the throne at 73.

Reactions: Dalisclock