What have you purchased recently?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hands of Necromancy and Beacon Pines. I need to finish beating Freedom Planet 2 with all the characters and Monkey Island before I play them though.

Reactions: gorfias

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm always amused by people selling used PC parts who are very specific about their reason for selling.

"RFS: Upgraded to a RTX 3110 Ti Extreme Legendary Edition 32 GB with 56 Tensor Cores (Gold Plated)"

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Solar powered (researched) multi-device charger and power bank. You shall not control me, energy companies!
I think I still have one of these somewhere; t'was a gift. Supposed to be pretty good, but it was made in China with instructions so terribly translated as to be completely in comprehensible. I didn't know how to work the damn thing, couldn't be bothered to look up instructions, so I slid it in a drawer somewhere years ago. Since digging through drawers is one of my least favorite things to do, it might as well not exist.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
I think I still have one of these somewhere; t'was a gift. Supposed to be pretty good, but it was made in China with instructions so terribly translated as to be completely in comprehensible. I didn't know how to work the damn thing, couldn't be bothered to look up instructions, so I slid it in a drawer somewhere years ago. Since digging through drawers is one of my least favorite things to do, it might as well not exist.
Ah shit yeah, quality of gifts are at the whims of the original buyer. You can't trust 'em, I say! Or indeed, even expect anything from them at all. But when they do try, it's all luck from there. Technology is often too expensive to go in uninformed. This device doesn't have any buttons, you just plug it in device, it charges. You plug it in powerbank, you automatically hoard succulent energy! Tho it won't power anything like consoles and TVs yet, so I am still mostly a slave to them pesky energy companies for now. 😔

Wait, it's probably weird to not say what the products were at all, so here be the officials...

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I didn't know how to work the damn thing, couldn't be bothered to look up instructions, so I slid it in a drawer somewhere years ago.
I haven't read the instructions, but I can 100% guarantee you that a solar charger won't work inside a draw.

A pack of rubber bands
A new desk mat
A tank of fuel (fuck me!)
Lifting straps (because I'm not flexible enough, not because I'm lifting a very heavy weight)

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Chainsaw oil. I left my job after 9 years, and they bought me a chainsaw as a leaving present. I have been chopping down bits of old trees and cutting up branches to store for the wood burner that I will eventually get installed.

Also a banana tree. It probably won't fruit, but I live in the one part of the country where it should be fine outdoors.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I left my job after 9 years, and they bought me a chainsaw as a leaving present. I have been chopping down bits of old trees and cutting up branches to store for the wood burner that I will eventually get installed.
That is an awfully specific gift. I mean, did you ask for that, or was it completely random? Because it'd be kind of creepy if it was the latter.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
That is an awfully specific gift. I mean, did you ask for that, or was it completely random? Because it'd be kind of creepy if it was the latter.
No, I didn't. I wasn't expecting a gift at all. But they know I bought a house a couple of months ago and have been fighting to clear the garden, so not completely random, they did have a reason to think one might be handy.