If DeSantis wins

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The governor of Pennsylvania never did anything morally or ethically equivalent to spending taxpayer money on shipping legal asylum seekers to another state in a cheap anti-immigrant political stunt. You make shit up.
Many of his covid restrictions were unconstitutional and hurt many of his citizens.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Many of his covid restrictions were unconstitutional and hurt many of his citizens.
Oh, that's right. I forgot for a second you're one of those weird Covid deniers who thinks a lockdown (which he didn't actually have in PA) is morally equivalent to genocide. My fault for assuming you would approach this rationally.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Oh, that's right. I forgot for a second you're one of those weird Covid deniers who thinks a lockdown (which he didn't actually have in PA) is morally equivalent to genocide. My fault for assuming you would approach this rationally.
DeSantis is committing genocide? The covid restrictions definitely harmed more people than DeSantis' plane stunt (it's really not hard at all to find something that harmed more than some plane stunt). Wolf also followed suit of Cuomo and issued guidance to release covid patients to nursing homes. I'm not a covid denier, just a covid realist. Why do you think excess deaths are so high now with non-covid related deaths? There's costs associated with covid restrictions. In the UK, their excess deaths (not associated with covid) right now are higher than during peak covid.

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
And you know I don't think covid restrictions equate to genocide either? I'm just throwing back at you what you threw at me.
No, what I did was hyperbole for the sake of being facetious. You're just bullshitting. Don't bullshit, dude.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
And I can keep asking for data all day too. I don't care what anyone says without the data and logic to back it up.
Well you got the data, so there. You choose not to believe it because it says what you don't want
I said sugar is poison, you said staple foods we've eaten for a long time aren't poison (paraphrase). I assume you're commenting on the sugar part not the bread/grain part since I didn't say they were poison (just that they were bad to eat constantly like the food pyramid said).
Neither of them are poison nor bad. If they were, they wouldn't've been a staple food
Then why would fat be basically poison as the major health organizations have been saying for over 50 years? That's my point because if you wanna go by that logic, then why are you giving these official health organizations all this credence?
They haven't been saying that and I'm not defending an argument you hallucinated.
Access to hormonal interventions for youth <18 will be tightly restricted. The goal is to administer these interventions in research settings only
How is that not banned? Youth can only get hormones if they are like in a study or something since it's only for research purposes.
So they aren't banned and you owe me $20
If Florida did exactly what Sweden did, you'd still be all over them.
'Course I would, I'm not defending shit policy based on crank science. But it's still not a blanket ban and you still owe me $20
I couldn't care less what an adult does because they are an adult and can do what they want. I only ever posted one link from that site (it popped on the first page of Google results) and the link itself was completely accurate in what they reported on.

How is their take on the actual science (not the "science") wrong in any way? What bias against trans people do they have?
They asked the parents "hey, when did you notice your child was trans" but not the trans person "hey, when did you start questioning". That's like asking somebody's partner "hey, when did you notice somebody was sick?" and not the sick person "when did you start noticing symptoms?". That's bad science, and that's before you find out all of the parents were sourced from anti-transgender forums and groups. It's pure Wakefield shit, just like how the Florida "experts" making the decision are ideologically and religiously opposed to trans people *existing*

You sure love when government bureaucrats override doctors on he ground, huh

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
And so many times people here have posted tweets and obviously not read the article, that was my point. And even if you do read the article, the tweet's framing is gonna have you reading the article with a preconceived bias. It's why I waited on looking into the Rittenhouse case until they made the videos publicly available, I didn't want anything clouding my perception on it.
Almost everything you post is some delusion about how you're so much more reasonable, intellectual and informed than everyone else and it's funny because your views are actually so predictable. Like your stance on abortion is predictable because of your stance on trans people and your stance on high fat diets (a really fuckin weird new staple of modern right wing thinking) and your stance on covid interventions. Like you think you're some free thinker but all your politics are entirely predictable because you're fucking text book my dude.

About what specifically because sports nutrition and the nutrition for a normal person will say different things. Like people training and playing sports regularly will want many more carbs than someone who is not.
An athlete is going to want more of everything than an average person dude. Including carbs because carbs are an efficient energy source. Like if you want I can explain the ATP cycle to you.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
The governor of Pennsylvania never did anything morally or ethically equivalent to spending taxpayer money on shipping legal asylum seekers to another state in a cheap anti-immigrant political stunt. You make shit up.
He did make a list of what businesses could stay open in 2020, and then gave his family's clearly non-essential factory that makes all their money a special exemption to continue operations.

Edit: source is me, I live in literally the same town as him.

Reactions: Leg End

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
He did make a list of what businesses could stay open in 2020, and then gave his family's clearly non-essential factory that makes all their money a special exemption to continue operations.

Edit: source is me, I live in literally the same town as him.
Interesting if true. Still not on the same moral or ethical level as what DeSantis did. But I'm guessing you also think that what he did was fine and dandy.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Interesting if true. Still not on the same moral or ethical level as what DeSantis did. But I'm guessing you also think that what he did was fine and dandy.
I know you're trying your best to demonize sending immigrants to self-declared sanctuary cities. Honestly, the only thing I see wrong with it is the showmanship. All parties involved are getting exactly what they signed up for, with the exception that none of them signed up to be a headline. But that's not the depth of human suffering you're making it out to be. Not quite comparable to when hospitals were desperately calling around to find out who was staying open because their non-medical suppliers were being declared less essential than Wolf Home Products making kitchen cabinets.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Well you got the data, so there. You choose not to believe it because it says what you don't want
Neither of them are poison nor bad. If they were, they wouldn't've been a staple food
They haven't been saying that and I'm not defending an argument you hallucinated.
So they aren't banned and you owe me $20
'Course I would, I'm not defending shit policy based on crank science. But it's still not a blanket ban and you still owe me $20
They asked the parents "hey, when did you notice your child was trans" but not the trans person "hey, when did you start questioning". That's like asking somebody's partner "hey, when did you notice somebody was sick?" and not the sick person "when did you start noticing symptoms?". That's bad science, and that's before you find out all of the parents were sourced from anti-transgender forums and groups. It's pure Wakefield shit, just like how the Florida "experts" making the decision are ideologically and religiously opposed to trans people *existing*

You sure love when government bureaucrats override doctors on he ground, huh
No, I don't have my data, you never provided any actual data.

Sugar hasn't been a staple food for much of humanity's history (that's only happened very recently). And bread today and bread yesterday are basically 2 different foods. It's not good to eat like 9-10 servings of bread a day like the food pyramid said to do.

So a "war on fat" are official health organizations saying fat is good?

:rolleyes:

It's not crank science just because you don't like it. It literally is the science, hence why you can't provide me with any data backing up your claims. Why would Sweden have some bias or agenda against trans people?

OMG, what the fuck does it matter who they asked? That's not why Sweden has banned those things for kids because they asked the parent vs the kid. They banned the stuff because it has permanent long-term effects that don't magically change if you asked the kid or the parent.

Almost everything you post is some delusion about how you're so much more reasonable, intellectual and informed than everyone else and it's funny because your views are actually so predictable. Like your stance on abortion is predictable because of your stance on trans people and your stance on high fat diets (a really fuckin weird new staple of modern right wing thinking) and your stance on covid interventions. Like you think you're some free thinker but all your politics are entirely predictable because you're fucking text book my dude.

An athlete is going to want more of everything than an average person dude. Including carbs because carbs are an efficient energy source. Like if you want I can explain the ATP cycle to you.
What's my stance on abortion then? Also, I'm not right-wing at all, I'm very progressive. I don't know why you think my political affiliation has anything to do with why I think fats are good or bad, it's based on like, you know, science.

Carbs aren't really good for you because they cause big spikes in glucose and insulin. Athletes or people doing intense physical activities can convert simple carbs right away and use them as energy. But the average person is not needing that energy for a desk job or a job with light physical activity (like walking, bending, stooping, etc.) and carbs for them in high quantity is not good at all. Fats cause basically zero spikes in glucose/insulin, which is why they're much better for you. I don't know why you would think that has anything to do with right or left wing politics. But I guess in your red and blue world, people like Dr. Sarah Hallberg were just right wing nutjobs... I guess Ted Talks are just right-wing propaganda because the TED is red...

How is causing the lives a planeful of people near the same level of harm caused by forcing closed people's businesses and sending covid-positive people back to nursing homes (like Cuomo). Funny how one of DeSantis' 1st things he did was cut off visiting to nursing homes (that at the time he got flak for) and made it so covid patients can't be sent back to nursing homes when the state didn't even have 100 covid cases yet. He followed basic common sense and science with regards to covid from day 1.

You still haven't come close to showing how DeSantis OVERALL is any worse than your governor.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
What's my stance on abortion then? Also, I'm not right-wing at all,
*points at abortion thread.

I'm very progressive.
😂😂😂

I don't know why you think my political affiliation has anything to do with why I think fats are good or bad, it's based on like, you know, science.
I'm sure you think that. But it isn't. It's based on thinking you're the smartest person in the room and if the consensus is one thing then the opposite must be true because it couldn't be possible that the majority are right about something because then you wouldn't be a special little soldier who can see through the bullshit.

Carbs aren't really good for you because they cause big spikes in glucose and insulin. Athletes or people doing intense physical activities can convert simple carbs right away and use them as energy. But the average person is not needing that energy for a desk job or a job with light physical activity (like walking, bending, stooping, etc.) and carbs for them in high quantity is not good at all.
Any macronutrient in high quantities isn't good for a sedentary person. That's the whole deal with energy balance. It doesn't make a difference (largely) f you eat too much fat, carbs or protein the issue is the too much part. Not which macronutrient it is. All your doing is proving the point that people should consume an appropriate amount of calories.

Fats cause basically zero spikes in glucose/insulin, which is why they're much better for you.
Show me the studies that demonstrate that carbohydrates are the issue and not an excess of food. Not a link to a video. Show me the papers you have read that led you to this conclusion.

I don't know why you would think that has anything to do with right or left wing politics. But I guess in your red and blue world, people like Dr. Sarah Hallberg were just right wing nutjobs... I guess Ted Talks are just right-wing propaganda because the TED is red...
Maybe it's ever since lobster boy came out as carnivore but I don't know why the venn diagram of keto/carnivore advocates and fucking seed oil paranoids with right wing conspiracy nuts is nearly a perfect circle but it is.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
No, I don't have my data, you never provided any actual data.
You aren't qualified to read actual data. Neither am I, which is why I refer to the vast majority of doctors
Sugar hasn't been a staple food for much of humanity's history (that's only happened very recently).
It is literally a foundational building block of what a calorie *is*
And bread today and bread yesterday are basically 2 different foods.
Yes, our bread lasts longer and has less sawdust now. The much maligned Wonder Bread ended the scourge of pellagra in the US south.
It's not good to eat like 9-10 servings of bread a day like the food pyramid said to do.
Never said bread. That was the whole carbohydrate category, including grains and pastas.
So a "war on fat" are official health organizations saying fat is good?
Still not engaging with whatever argument you've pretended I made
eshop codes are 16 digits and my DMs are open. I'd like a copy of Tunic
It's not crank science just because you don't like it. It literally is the science, hence why you can't provide me with any data backing up your claims. Why would Sweden have some bias or agenda against trans people?

OMG, what the fuck does it matter who they asked? That's not why Sweden has banned those things for kids because they asked the parent vs the kid. They banned the stuff because it has permanent long-term effects that don't magically change if you asked the kid or the parent.
It's *supposed* to have long term effects. One could argue that that is the entire point of HRT. Why it matters who is asked is whether or not that's a *good thing*, and I'd rather they ask the people actually involved than aggrieved transphobic parents wanting to control their 25 year old children. That study was a shit show

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm, not really. A Calorie is a unit of energy equal to that required to increase the heat of a kilogram of water by 1c. So it's directly translatable into joules. It has only been in use as a unit of measurement for ~200 years.

What I think you mean is that sugar has provided food energy for (almost certainly) all of human history. Which is true but needs some qualification. Sugar has provided food energy in the form of glucose, fructose, lactose and/or starch for (almost certainly) all of human history, and glucose is the greatest contributor of food energy in human history. But its not quite 'foundational' to food energy, in that other sources (lipids and proteins) have also always provided food energy without sugar.

Phoenixmgs probably means sucrose when he says "sugar", which has only become widely consumed in large quantities in the last few centuries in most of the world, mostly as an additive. Its also worth remembering that excess sugar becomes fat, so it's a bit silly to argue that sugars are the cause of the obesity epidemic and fats are blameless.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Hmmm, not really. A Calorie is a unit of energy equal to that required to increase the heat of a kilogram of water by 1c. So it's directly translatable into joules. It has only been in use as a unit of measurement for ~200 years.

What I think you mean is that sugar has provided food energy for (almost certainly) all of human history. Which is true but needs some qualification. Sugar has provided food energy in the form of glucose, fructose, lactose and/or starch for (almost certainly) all of human history, and glucose is the greatest contributor of food energy in human history. But its not quite 'foundational' to food energy, in that other sources (lipids and proteins) have also always provided food energy without sugar.

Phoenixmgs probably means sucrose when he says "sugar", which has only become widely consumed in large quantities in the last few centuries in most of the world, mostly as an additive. Its also worth remembering that excess sugar becomes fat, so it's a bit silly to argue that sugars are the cause of the obesity epidemic and fats are blameless.
Exactly. The cause of the obesity epidemic is more sedentary lifestyles, easy access to high calorie, cheap, low nutrition foods. It's also important to note that the guidelines Phoenixmgs is decrying, less than 30% of people follow them so it seems unlikely that those recommendations are contributing significantly to obesity.

Also the reason fats should be limited is simple. Fat has more than double the calories of carbs and protein and is generally considered less satiating than protein and starchy or high fibre carbs.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

Whelp...if anyone was wondering if the GOP are insane Christian nationalists, here.
I'm all for confidence in ones self and abilities. I even like to brag on the occasion and peacock over my models or a particularly nasty Betrayal move. But to think you're literally God's chosen man, that there is a missing script from Genesis that references you...that's so far up your own ass your nose touches your dick when you blow yourself.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Whelp...if anyone was wondering if the GOP are insane Christian nationalists, here.
I'm all for confidence in ones self and abilities. I even like to brag on the occasion and peacock over my models or a particularly nasty Betrayal move. But to think you're literally God's chosen man, that there is a missing script from Genesis that references you...that's so far up your own ass your nose touches your dick when you blow yourself.
I'm sorry, but isn't literally making up Bible quotes to glorify yourself an example of hubris? And isn't hubris, a subcategory of pride, a sin?

Reactions: SilentPony

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
*points at abortion thread.

😂😂😂

I'm sure you think that. But it isn't. It's based on thinking you're the smartest person in the room and if the consensus is one thing then the opposite must be true because it couldn't be possible that the majority are right about something because then you wouldn't be a special little soldier who can see through the bullshit.

Any macronutrient in high quantities isn't good for a sedentary person. That's the whole deal with energy balance. It doesn't make a difference (largely) f you eat too much fat, carbs or protein the issue is the too much part. Not which macronutrient it is. All your doing is proving the point that people should consume an appropriate amount of calories.

Show me the studies that demonstrate that carbohydrates are the issue and not an excess of food. Not a link to a video. Show me the papers you have read that led you to this conclusion.

Maybe it's ever since lobster boy came out as carnivore but I don't know why the venn diagram of keto/carnivore advocates and fucking seed oil paranoids with right wing conspiracy nuts is nearly a perfect circle but it is.
Then what's my stance...?

I'm for like all the policies more progressive countries have that we don't but I'm a conservative?
1667922427346.png

The consensus isn't that fats are bad among current day experts in the field. The whole "fats are bad" thing is just a relic recommendation that the official institutes don't wanna change because then it's admitting they're wrong. It was never based on any legit science and we now have tons of studies showing saturated fats don't increase heart disease or mortality.

The standard American diet (SAD) is filled with a bunch of "too muches", that's the problem. Carbs in general are supposed to be eaten in low quantities so it's easy to get to the too much point, a single can of pop is too much. Whereas you can eat meat for all your calories are be very healthy. Plus, quite a large majority of people are already on the road to diabetes (or there already) and they don't understand how to get off that road. Greatly lowering carb intake fixes a lot stuff for people that are on that road.

There's tons of papers. What study in the last 20 years has even associated fat intake with heart disease? The science on that was flawed from the start.

I don't even know who this lobster boy is you're even referring to.

You aren't qualified to read actual data. Neither am I, which is why I refer to the vast majority of doctors
Yes, our bread lasts longer and has less sawdust now. The much maligned Wonder Bread ended the scourge of pellagra in the US south.
Never said bread. That was the whole carbohydrate category, including grains and pastas.
Still not engaging with whatever argument you've pretended I made
eshop codes are 16 digits and my DMs are open. I'd like a copy of Tunic
It's *supposed* to have long term effects. One could argue that that is the entire point of HRT. Why it matters who is asked is whether or not that's a *good thing*, and I'd rather they ask the people actually involved than aggrieved transphobic parents wanting to control their 25 year old children. That study was a shit show
LMAO at you have to be qualified to read data. The vast majority of doctors are actually not good at reading data.

No it's not.

Bread was far far far far far far more nutritious in the past than it is now. Bread today is basically empty calories and not much more. And you think bread lasting longer is a sign it's better for you?

Ok, well it's not good to eat all those carbs either.

It's not those type of long-term effects but stuff like altering brain development if you delay puberty.

Exactly. The cause of the obesity epidemic is more sedentary lifestyles, easy access to high calorie, cheap, low nutrition foods. It's also important to note that the guidelines Phoenixmgs is decrying, less than 30% of people follow them so it seems unlikely that those recommendations are contributing significantly to obesity.

Also the reason fats should be limited is simple. Fat has more than double the calories of carbs and protein and is generally considered less satiating than protein and starchy or high fibre carbs.
The problem is basically people aren't eating real food anymore. Even if you ate whatever your calorie intake should be and eating the same diet (same % of calories coming from the same places but just less calories overall), people would still have the same health problems, that's why there's the whole "skinny fat" problem in India where people eat garbage foods but not so much to where they get fat and they still have a massive diabetes problem. The problem isn't people following guidelines exactly because who actually does that? There was a massive shift in messaging for 50+ years to eat foods low in fat, which lead to people eating foods with sugars way way way more. Even now people are lead to believe the beyond/impossible burgers are the healthier option, they have somehow made the fast food combo meal even less healthy, that's the level of sheer incompetence going on with regards to nutrition.

Seriously, you're complaining about an ad? The thread is so devoid of bad stuff the guy has actually done it's beyond ridiculous.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Seriously, you're complaining about an ad? The thread is so devoid of bad stuff the guy has actually done it's beyond ridiculous.
I mean claiming you're God's chosen man is heresy of the highest order. Ads don't exist in a vacuum, they're real things that really happen.