Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
@Phoenixmgs just casually ignoring our interaction in the hope that we'll all forget he said something so blatantly wrong
You didn't reply to me or tag me in said message....

Does Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, France, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Russia, etc care about pronouns? It seems extremely english specific. And there's languages like spanish that have gender built in that you can't get away from, I'm sure many virtue signalers will say how spanish is sexist because the kitchen is female. In reality, nobody fucking cares even in english speaking countries when you ask the average person vs the vocal twitter minority.

Reactions: Hawki

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009

Does Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, France, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Russia, etc care about pronouns? It seems extremely english specific. And there's languages like spanish that have gender built in that you can't get away from, I'm sure many virtue signalers will say how spanish is sexist because the kitchen is female. In reality, nobody fucking cares even in english speaking countries when you ask the average person vs the vocal twitter minority.
Your reply is very on brand. You stated no one outside the US cared. You said provide citations of anyone outside the US caring. I provided the UK. You ignored it for a while and are now saying "Ahhh, but does this list of countries care?" (I don't know, or respect you enough to search for an answer).

You're hot garbage at arguing, you constantly get called out for goalposting and shifting to entire tangents, yet you don't seem to learn anything. This isnt some verbal argument where you can confuse people by twisting about a bunch. Your words are there to be revisited and you look ridiculous when you do this again and again.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

Short answer, yes? Obviously? Though I don't speak, y'know, Korean or Danish so I can't exactly give you precise citations, nor am I gonna bother because you're just pull out another dozen countries to fact check. And, like, caring too hard in Russia comes with a prison sentence these days.

Japan is, like, rather famous for the number and nuance of it's pronoun situation. Do you do literally any baseline research on anything *at all*?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

I work with people in a lot of different countries that have cultures I'm afraid I'm quite ignorant of, but it's very common that the people I work with list pronouns in email signatures. I can't say that isn't because names aren't always international, but I can't say it is that either.

As far as whether people care? People care about things that affect people they care about. That means it's important that people can be open about who they are, otherwise how can anyone know the people they care about are affected by the things they didn't realise they cared about (and subsequently find they do care about)?

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Zeke davis

Apr 30, 2020
Country
United States
Was i supposed to know Bhaalspawn turned into Lily Orchard? or was i supposed to find out about from an Trans drama youtuber?

I'm not linking anything since it's basically on how she's an sick fuck and it has receipts linknig to said content. If the mods aren't too comfortable with this wouldn't blame them but...

I know of her since she was here in the escapist forums and i guess this place is as good as anything to unpack this shit .

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Was i supposed to know Bhaalspawn turned into Lily Orchard? or was i supposed to find out about from an Trans drama youtuber?

I'm not linking anything since it's basically on how she's an sick fuck and it has receipts linknig to said content. If the mods aren't too comfortable with this wouldn't blame them but...

I know of her since she was here in the escapist forums and i guess this place is as good as anything to unpack this shit .
What on earth are you talking about?

Zeke davis

Apr 30, 2020
Country
United States
What on earth are you talking about?
Lily Orchard is an Youtuber who hates Steven universe and She-Ra for being too forgiving to their antagonists.
I found out she actually used to post in the old forums and her early videos were proudly ripping off zero punctuation.
She has an persona nowadays of defending kids and such but she started being a fan of Grimderp Brony shit and even wrote some fucked up pedo shit herself.

This is more "What an former forum poster turned out to be doing" than any other standard of thread notability I'd grant.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Lily Orchard is an Youtuber who hates Steven universe and She-Ra for being too forgiving to their antagonists.
I found out she actually used to post in the old forums and her early videos were proudly ripping off zero punctuation.
She has an persona nowadays of defending kids and such but she started being a fan of Grimderp Brony shit and even wrote some fucked up pedo shit herself.

This is more "What an former forum poster turned out to be doing" than any other standard of thread notability I'd grant.
How do I politely say "Who gives a fuck?"

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Maybe I was too harsh on Jeremy Corbyn.

Your name is literally labor, do your fucking jobs and fight for workers.

Edit: Keir Starmer has told Rishi Sunak that the nurses strike should be seen as “a badge of shame” for the government, and emphasised the need to “open the door and discuss pay.” But like with other recent strikes, Labour has made no promises on pay for nurses, saying only that it would “negotiate”.

What a corporate cuck.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Your name is literally labor, do your fucking jobs and fight for workers.
Labour parties have been becoming more and more disconnected from the Labour movement since the 80s. The parties' front facing people now are mostly lawyers and party apparatchiks with possibly a former union National President or two thrown in for appearances. This is the New Labour for middle class lefties with university educations.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Your reply is very on brand. You stated no one outside the US cared. You said provide citations of anyone outside the US caring. I provided the UK. You ignored it for a while and are now saying "Ahhh, but does this list of countries care?" (I don't know, or respect you enough to search for an answer).

You're hot garbage at arguing, you constantly get called out for goalposting and shifting to entire tangents, yet you don't seem to learn anything. This isnt some verbal argument where you can confuse people by twisting about a bunch. Your words are there to be revisited and you look ridiculous when you do this again and again.
That doesn't change the fact that the vast vast vast majority of the world doesn't care about this garbage and even the vast majority of people in the countries where it's an "issue" don't care about it either.

---

I guess the word "American" is problematic now...

Thank god when I went to college none of this bullshit was happening.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
That doesn't change the fact that the vast vast vast majority of the world doesn't care about this garbage and even the vast majority of people in the countries where it's an "issue" don't care about it either.
You assert, even after being directly shown people caring

I mean, I dunno about harm, but "you fuckers calling yourselves "Americans" when you're sharing those continents with dozens of countries" is not an uncommon sentiment I've heard for years from people outside the USA. Makes for good culture war fodder I guess

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The vast majority of the world doesn't care higher education, especially for women. The vast majority of the world bans gay marriage, and usually any gay interactions. The vast majority of the world doesn't care if workers die on the job just to get a stadium up in time for the winter. The vast majority of the world believes in child and slave labour

Maybe, what the vast majority of the world cares about isn't actually that important

Dude, it's literally stupid how one country gets to be named for the whole continent just because they pretended they owned it all 200 years ago. People have been saying the exact something for 200 YEARS. It's got nothing to do with college professors. People were saying this before there were even colleges in the US. It's got to do with it being an utterly stupid notion

Now, I don't know if there is legit anything we can do about it know because it's so ingrained. That doesn't make it less stupid.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Dude, it's literally stupid how one country gets to be named for the whole continent just because they pretended they owned it all 200 years ago. People have been saying the exact something for 200 YEARS. It's got nothing to do with college professors. People were saying this before there were even colleges in the US. It's got to do with it being an utterly stupid notion

Now, I don't know if there is legit anything we can do about it know because it's so ingrained. That doesn't make it less stupid.
Well, what else are you supposed to call citizens of the United States of America? USians?