Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Complete capitulation by the Biden Admin on Mexico on fentanyl with regards to China sending precursor chemicals to Mexico and then using cartels to smuggle it to the US to kill Americans.

Mexico hasn't even informed the US about precursor chemicals, or fentanyl seizures. And I am sure liberals, and leftists here will argue that drug companies are at fault, and not poor Mexico. Well, it's both. If we were a strong country which we aren't under Trump or Biden we would have crushed this issue and the people causing problems for 70K Americans to die each year. No country would allow this to happen.

If the republicans get in power they will shield big pharma if the Dems get in power they will shield Mexico. Both parties are shit.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Complete capitulation by the Biden Admin on Mexico on fentanyl with regards to China sending precursor chemicals to Mexico and then using cartels to smuggle it to the US to kill Americans.

Mexico hasn't even informed the US about precursor chemicals, or fentanyl seizures. And I am sure liberals, and leftists here will argue that drug companies are at fault, and not poor Mexico. Well, it's both. If we were a strong country which we aren't under Trump or Biden we would have crushed this issue and the people causing problems for 70K Americans to die each year. No country would allow this to happen.

If the republicans get in power they will shield big pharma if the Dems get in power they will shield Mexico. Both parties are shit.
Drug cartels smuggle drugs. News at 11. And for fuck sake, the DEA and other agencies have been trying to fight the war on drugs since the goddamn 80s and it hasn’t worked. Nor is it going to. Ever.

And I suspect the reason for fentanyl overdoses is that frankly the average addict doesn’t know how to handle it. It’s really powerful and even a small dose can lead to overdose.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Drug cartels smuggle drugs. News at 11. And for fuck sake, the DEA and other agencies have been trying to fight the war on drugs since the goddamn 80s and it hasn’t worked. Nor is it going to. Ever.
The only way to 'win' the War on Drugs is to eliminate the demand for illicit drugs. Good luck with that.

And I suspect the reason for fentanyl overdoses is that frankly the average addict doesn’t know how to handle it.
I'd suspect it's more to do with street drugs not going through a very stringent QC process.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Also that.
So I have friends who self medicate with weed but Australia has been moving to medical Marijuana even for anxieties

They are just astonished with how pure and clean it is now compared to a decade ago. Some of them are talking about how much damage has been done to their system with the street stuff

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Shield Mexico? From what specifically?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
So I have friends who self medicate with weed but Australia has been moving to medical Marijuana even for anxieties

They are just astonished with how pure and clean it is now compared to a decade ago. Some of them are talking about how much damage has been done to their system with the street stuff
I grew it for a bit in what feels like the distant past and it's an absolutely fascinating process in a way that growing peppers just isn't. They do say your own produce is twice as nice (it was, because I don't like weed that blows your face off).

Reactions: Kwak

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
The real problem with medical marijuana in Australia is the fucking bullshit growers have to go through to get licenced as suppliers.

Hey, soaking weed in insect spray gives it that extra kick.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Hey, soaking weed in insect spray gives it that extra kick.
Well, you used to have to hide plants in pretty disgusting situations leading to disgusting plants... so this is an upgrade

But most of them are moving to oils as smoking is not desirable, health wise. I actually don't how/if insecticides/ herbicides travel through the refining process

Edit: those disgusting places being Nimbin and Nambour

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
American imperialism, presumably.
I thought it might Lefties being against Mexico being critiqued for not getting rid of cartels. I'll let Gregar make their case but if it's either imperialism or cartel getting away with murder, I would like to point out that all America did was legalise their cartels and the opiod epidemic has killed a fuck ton of people

So... maybe fix your cartels/Big Pharma first America before yelling at Mexico.

Edit: I just feeling like I need to make this abundantly clear. I don't see a Mexican cartel as that much different than Big Pharma

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Random bit of trivia, during WW2, the US lost its SE Asian colonial possessions, and thus it's supply of manila rope. Rope was a vital strategic material, and so for the duration the US legalised growing "marihuana" (sic).

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I grew it for a bit in what feels like the distant past and it's an absolutely fascinating process in a way that growing peppers just isn't. They do say your own produce is twice as nice (it was, because I don't like weed that blows your face off).
There is a huge difference between growing your own and buying off someone else. I was more talking about the latter, as having enough product for multiple people requires a lot of hidden space. You being in control of what you create is better than anyone else, because you know what you are getting

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Well, you used to have to hide plants in pretty disgusting situations leading to disgusting plants... so this is an upgrade
South Aussie here, so... yeah, no idea how that is.

But most of them are moving to oils as smoking is not desirable, health wise. I actually don't how/if insecticides/ herbicides travel through the refining process
Oils are also 'easier' to get via prescription because... you know, Doctors and their obsession with harm reduction.

Edit: those disgusting places being Nimbin and Nambour
Eurgh. Solid arguments for the 'Cleanse With Fire' school of town planning.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Random bit of trivia, during WW2, the US lost its SE Asian colonial possessions, and thus it's supply of manila rope. Rope was a vital strategic material, and so for the duration the US legalised growing "marihuana" (sic).
I remember my dad, in the 90s, was thinking of moving from cotton to hemp (I think for things like rope) as Australia was thinking of making it legal for farmers to grow

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
The US wasn't the only place, nor was WW2 the only time. Pre-synthetics, hemp was a massively important resource. THANKS, DuPont.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I remember my dad, in the 90s, was thinking of moving from cotton to hemp (I think for things like rope) as Australia was thinking of making it legal for farmers to grow
I remember a lot of people getting excited for that until they realised the plants used for 'industrial hemp' contain fuck all THC.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
There is a huge difference between growing your own and buying off someone else. I was more talking about the latter, as having enough product for multiple people requires a lot of hidden space. You being in control of what you create is better than anyone else, because you know what you are getting
Oh, agreed. I worry somewhat about the other things you're funding when you buy from others, but I don't know how much of that is war on drugs lies 🤷‍♂️. Also, opening the tent is like getting inside a giant SAD lamp. Glorious.