Funny events in anti-woke world

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Hate to break it to you, but it is freaking relevant. When many blacks have been shot and killed for less or for the pettiest reasons and whether they're cops or not, it's usually a white person/or a person presumed to be "white" (Latinos and light skin Asians sometimes get a pass, if it means blacks are at the bottom of the totem pole), will say "self-defense/scared for my life!" when said person they attacked was usually minding their own damn business!
Minding their own business?! Next they'll be whistling at white women!!!

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Let say reports are wrong, and turn out the the shooter was black, would you say "Oh okay, fair enough, nothing to see here, hope that guy stay free"? Or what if it turns out that the shooter had done that before, but to a white person? The shooting may very well be racially motivated, but its irrelevant to the crime. Reading article on it, I'd rather get information about the legal side, some sort of explanation of why he wasn't arrested, whether or not self defense could be claimed (hopefully not, but apparently some state have very wide definition of self defense), are there other similar case that have gone to court before and came out one way or another?

But none of the article I've seen had any of that information, they all just jump straight to the racial side, which is important but only a part of the story (and an unconfirmed part at that). It's just lazy sensationalism trying to pass for journalism.
Race mattering doesn't mean race is the only thing that matters. Surely you know that?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

It wouldn't have happened if homeowners had the means to defend themselves.
Second degree murder charge is too good for him. He deserves first degree.

I think it's clear to see that the American people are no longer willing to tolerate the terror of *checks notes* innocent strangers.
These paranoid dumb asses keep thinking/assuming they're The Punisher, Bryan Millis, or some other generic anti-hero, action guy thinking they're the "good guy", and everybody else is out to get them.

Reactions: Dalisclock

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
These paranoid dumb asses keep thinking/assuming they're The Punisher, Bryan Millis, or some other generic anti-hero, action guy thinking they're the "good guy", and everybody else is out to get them.
Cool because what everyone with paranoid delusions needs is easy access to firearms and not, say, urgent medical treatment for being batshit fucking loopy.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Cool because what everyone with paranoid delusions needs is easy access to firearms and not, say, urgent medical treatment for being batshit fucking loopy.
Interestingly, though I can't remember the source, I'm led to believe that the US Rangers advise (or perhaps at once point advised) not to get a weapon during escape and evasion, and one reason was because even for trained Rangers, it makes them more likely to try shooting when it's not a good idea.

One then wonders how many random civilians with firearms have effects of their psyches simply due to owning firearms, and not the other way around.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Absent

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Interestingly, though I can't remember the source, I'm led to believe that the US Rangers advise (or perhaps at once point advised) not to get a weapon during escape and evasion, and one reason was because even for trained Rangers, it makes them more likely to try shooting when it's not a good idea.
I wouldn't have thought E&E training was necessary for looking after national parks, but there you go. Americans. Mental.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
When many blacks have been shot and killed for less or for the pettiest reasons and whether they're cops or not, it's usually a white person/or a person presumed to be "white"

About 1 in 10 black victims of homicide is killed by a white person, ironically more white folks are killed by black folks than vice versa (literally twice as many despite there being fewer black folks). But "Black man shoots other black man for utterly stupid reason" doesn't make national headlines precisely because there's no racial component.

All the person in the house had to do was say, "You have the wrong address.", and move on with his life.
That runs entirely on the assumption that the narrative of "he just rang the doorbell and was immediately shot" is actually true, with absolutely no chance that was a framing story created to drive a specific media narrative. Honestly, I hope the shooter had a doorbell camera because it will either save him or damn him in no uncertain terms. A scenario where there's no hard evidence either way is one where he might go free for nebulous reasons, and that way lies riots.

you followed the Rittenhouse case, you'd know that anything plaaric is a lethal weapon and deserves deadly force.
plaaric?

So, I take it dad #2 had a verbal confrontation with dad #1, threatened him and when dad #1 tried to flee the scene he pursued him, tried to take his gun and only then were shots fired? If not then it's not quite the same scenario - but go on pretending that someone just threw a plastic bottle at Rittenhouse out of nowhere and he turned and started shooting in response, as opposed to the bottle being thrown mid pursuit while Rittenhouse was attempting to flee (and failing because *shock* he's not exactly an Olympic sprinter).

So... the first dad who opened fire is not getting charged on anything because a watee bottle was thrown at him (the same castle doctrine used for Rittenhouse).
Literally not why Rittenhouse was found not guilty. Had the first decedent not thrown anything at Rittenhouse but the rest of the scenario unfolded exactly as it did he still would have been found not guilty. This is only a step less dumb of a take than the folks spouting that he carried an illegally purchased gun (it wasn't) across state lines (the gun never crossed state lines) to shoot a bunch of black folks (everyone he shot was white).

Which is the very, very, very hard line between "self-defense" and premeditated murder. You can't claim self-defense when you fire a weapon at someone who is very plainly unable to pose a threat.
Yes, yes it is. If this or the common story going around the media is true, the shooter is definitely not going to be able to make a self defense argument, and silly things like the bullet wounds themselves would provide hard evidence to back this one up.

Dumbest reason for mishandling classified documents yet.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
I'm still stuck on who the fuck answers the door with a loaded firearm in-hand?
Anyone living in a shit neighborhood, or is concerned about the massive uptick in assholes doing shit like this.
Dumbest reason for mishandling classified documents yet.
I'unno man, I find 'hapless dumbass being mad at people being wrong on the internet' is pretty funny compared to the string of 'lul I dunno', but YMMV. Well, no, you said 'dumbest', but at least he had a really stupid reason.