Dragon's Dogma II

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Finally, an somewhat underrated gem of a game gets its second shot with a sequel. Super excited. Slowly getting more and more reasons to buy a PS5

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Hell yeah! I mean, I'm kinda just seeing the same monsters and environments from the first game, but fuck it; finally more Dragon's Dogma. Hopefully now with actual finish. No rerease date though, so I'm guessing 2024 at the earliest.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Hell yeah! I mean, I'm kinda just seeing the same monsters and environments from the first game, but fuck it; finally more Dragon's Dogma. Hopefully now with actual finish. No rerease date though, so I'm guessing 2024 at the earliest.

Yeah I'm holding some cautious optimism and hype.... but this trailer has dimmed that if anything. The cutscenery is more extensive and such, but besides being higher res and 60fps the gameplay looks like we're still back in the original (both in terms of the action and the enemies)

DD1 was game of the year in whenever that was, but I'd even concede it had a signficant level of jank. And I don't think that neceesarily flies if the sequel is the same a decade later. Also Monster Hunter leapt up to being its own bonafide popular AAA franchise in the meanwhile, so Capcom has to compete with itself in these somewhat similar games. The climbing gimmick was cool but it also was clunky and there were some other hitches with the combat feeling sluggish for a lot of classes as well. And the most glaring problem of the pawns being utterly useless and having powers clearly meant for actual co-op players to use that the AI could never do properly.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
DD1 was indeed janky, but I think that was part of the charm, I don't want them the polish that away just to get another generic 3rd person open world.

The one thing I really want is being able to set more ability to be use in combat, or at least being able to quick swap in the field.

From the trailer, I'm glad night is still really dark and magic seems to be suitably gran. Magick archer is also making a come back and that's awesome, love me some self immolating. But yeah, looks like more of the same, which I'm a-okay with.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
A surprise for sure, but a welcome one..

My view is that Dragon's Dogma was an okay game full of really, really good ideas. If they can execute some of those ideas in a better game, then I am hype.

For example, I think it takes a special kind of insanity to make a game where your character's body size affects their stats, but it is extremely entertaining and allowed me to finally role-play as a giant muscle mommy literally throwing twinks at my enemies. I'm so glad we have video games to nurture this kind of creativity.

Last edited: