Funny events in anti-woke world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Descriptions of why you think her actions were so terrible are irrelevant, because we're discussing the actions of the FBI.

You'd like us to believe the FBI mobilised to defend the Democrats. Where's that effort here? Not only did they launch the investigation, but they publicly announced it timed for maximum political damage.

You can argue the timing was coincidence if you like, that's at least feasible. But if they were mobilised to defend the Dems, their actions make zero sense.
Looking at the Wilfully Retaining Documents case, MANY institutions were mobilised to protect Trump. He just decided to not take that protection

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yes, exactly. That is "woke". Businesses underpaying and exploiting young people and minorities and then having their PR team put out statements about the value of diversity is exactly why the world is covered in rainbow flags right now.
No, that's Capitalism. They the same thing when they hired children to work the at the start of the Industrial Revolution like when they lost hands to Looming Machines or suffocating in the mines. The Capitalists can't POSSIBLY hire adults because paying the children saves the family from starvation and makes sure that the children are taught the concept of hard work

Reactions: Cicada 5

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

I think this one's a Bingo.
Is it time to remind everyone that anti-maskers also usually get super worried about elites slaughtering children for their adrenochrome

The same anti-maskers who love pumping themselves full of stem cells when they got Covid instead of... wearing a mask or getting a vaccine. You know stem cells. The things you might want to get from a fetus

The irony of anti-maskers sometimes is incredible

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
What bothers me is that someone like you can be convinced its all fake.
Oh, nice straw man.

I'm saying the committee have no meaningful evidence of impropriety, and yet the chair is going round presenting evidence in a way to imply there is and telling everyone that he's confident there was impropriety. This is just smear tactics. And when the majority write up a conclusion on a nothingburger, they'll just load it with phrases implying the wrongdoing they couldn't demonstrate. Why not? They're not answerable to anyone to be honest.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Yes, exactly. That is "woke". Businesses underpaying and exploiting young people and minorities and then having their PR team put out statements about the value of diversity is exactly why the world is covered in rainbow flags right now.
That's not "woke", that's "woke washing".

Reactions: Hades and BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Of course the chinless pedo-chode wonder is trying to grasp at any fresh opportunity to be out of prison.

ezgif.com-webp-to-png-50.jpg

MGT and Boebert are experiencing technical difficulties. They almost seemed like a perfect couple at first.

Gosar is Gosing on.

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
MGT and Boebert are experiencing technical difficulties. They almost seemed like a perfect couple at first.
MGT and Boebert exist in the same wacko right-wing woman pond where there's only one room for big fish. Of course they're at each others throats.

My money is on MGT. They might both believe loopy shit, but MGT strikes me as quite canny where Boebert seems mostly quite dense.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Zuckerberg is an enemy clan leader?
Vikings n alpha shit for the lads, innit bruv?

MGT and Boebert exist in the same wacko right-wing woman pond where there's only one room for big fish. Of course they're at each others throats.

My money is on MGT. They might both believe loopy shit, but MGT strikes me as quite canny where Boebert seems mostly quite dense.
MTG harbours the ruthless ambition out the two of them for sure. Am not looking forward to her future presidential run, the voice alone is grating enough.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Ag3ma

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Woke originally was something like pointing out the systemic issues that institutions caused which resulted injustice in society. Maybe I'm paraphrasing DeSantis definition that he had to provide to court too much

Now woke is applied to the EXACT problem woke originally pointed out, like Tstorm's suggestion. It's incredible

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Oh my god
So, news just in. They're dead. Debris strongly suggests implosion of the crew capsule.

Cue video of company CEO saying conventional wisdom of not mixing titanium and carbon fibre (because it can lead to corrosion) wasn't going to stop his firm! Of course, maybe that wasn't the problem, but either way the submersible had a catastrophic failure.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
So, news just in. They're dead. Debris strongly suggests implosion of the crew capsule.

Cue video of company CEO saying conventional wisdom of not mixing titanium and carbon fibre (because it can lead to corrosion) wasn't going to stop his firm! Of course, maybe that wasn't the problem, but either way the submersible had a catastrophic failure.
Current evidence is suggesting that they may have brought this upon themselves due to cutting corners on safety and redundancies.

Still, that has to be a fucking awful way to die. Poor bastards.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Current evidence is suggesting that they may have brought this upon themselves due to cutting corners on safety and redundancies.

Still, that has to be a fucking awful way to die. Poor bastards.
Honestly, the harsh truth is that death by implosion was probably a less cruel fate than had they been stuck in the cold dark for days, desperately hoping for a rescue that never came until they either died of hypothermia or suffocation. As I understand it, if there was a pressure failure, death would have been pretty much instant, as in "dead in less than a second" instant. Cold comfort to the dead and the those they left behind, but in the wake of tragedy you take any comfort you can.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Honestly, the harsh truth is that death by implosion was probably a less cruel fate than had they been stuck in the cold dark for days, desperately hoping for a rescue that never came until they either died of hypothermia or suffocation. As I understand it, if there was a pressure failure, death would have been pretty much instant, as in "dead in less than a second" instant. Cold comfort to the dead and the those they left behind, but in the wake of tragedy you take any comfort you can.
You're right, but neither is a way I'd choose to be my last breath.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
While we're on the subject of the hubris of idiot billionaires, the way Elon skipped on established procedures for the rocket launch and basic consideration for the collateral damage is laid bare in this video.
It makes the deal struck with de santis to excuse them of liability for damage to the local environment and property even more obviously evil.
ETA... It was actually for injury or death to anyone working on it....

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You'd like us to believe the FBI mobilised to defend the Democrats. Where's that effort here? Not only did they launch the investigation, but they publicly announced it timed for maximum political damage.
By "they", you mean just James Comey. And I'm sure you are aware, he faced immediate backlash from the rest of the FBI, former agents, an army of former prosecutors, the whole Democratic establishment, and the main stream media.
No, that's Capitalism.
Why do you believe that to be a contradiction? Why do you think wokeness is separate from capitalism?
Oh, nice straw man.
I'm not sure you've ever admitted the laptop is real, it's not a strawman to say you believe real things are fake.
The original concept for "woke" was "aware of racial discrimination against African Americans", using African American vernacular. Lefties trying to broader the concept to include their pet projects was already an attempt to use minorities as cover before the corporations even got involved. It's all been disingenuous for a long, long time.