Supreme Court rejects affirmative action at colleges as unconstitutional

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Asian were by far the most affected by this.

This was an easy cases, university were clearly and openly using race to determine who would be allowed in. This is a textbook definition of racism, there's nothing much else to say. If the goal was to help people from poor background get in, they could have simply used income/wealth instead, they did not. It's an open secret that the main advantages of going to prestigious university is to form a network with people who have influential relatives, by using race as a selection criteria they can allow in peoples from rich background (with rich relative) while claiming they are not an exclusive club.

I do wish they would get sued over legacy admission too,
This will not help any Asian person

They aren't being boxed out due to Affirmative Action.

They've been boxed out by the rich. And everyone else had to fight for scraps.

They have banned Affirmative Action in California. It benefits whites over everyone else

Houseman and I looked at a lot of this data just before he got banned. Go check it out

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
But whenever I suggest we fight the billionaires. It's basically let's talk this out. Well here's what your talking has gotten you.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Its hard for a supreme court to be any more openly malicious than the supreme court prior to the civil war, but that doesn't stop those go getters from the current supreme court to try really hard in surpassing them.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
But if I don't convince other people that this group I hate is an existential danger to them, how can I get away with murdering said group?
You know what's nuts. That we are being targeted at Affirmative Action and not SATs. Because those have been proven to be far more racist than Affirmative Action

And we have people in this thread talking about 'basing entrance on merit' like that hasn't been co-opted to help only white Americans which then lead to Affirmative Action.

We are dealing with the wrong problem

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I mean, its like the trans bathroom thing. People made up stuff to scare them so ban they ban trans from toilets. Maybe they should stop faking events to scare people?
What the fuck are you going on about? It's the same as the cake ruling from years ago.

Yes it does
What does it change?

This will not help any Asian person

They aren't being boxed out due to Affirmative Action.

They've been boxed out by the rich. And everyone else had to fight for scraps.

They have banned Affirmative Action in California. It benefits whites over everyone else

Houseman and I looked at a lot of this data just before he got banned. Go check it out
Asians have to score 273 points higher on the SAT than blacks to get into a school. So this doesn't help Asians?

Also, the Supreme Court literally ruled you can't admit based on race, how is this a bad ruling in any conceivable way?

Its hard for a supreme court to be any more openly malicious than the supreme court prior to the civil war, but that doesn't stop those go getters from the current supreme court to try really hard in surpassing them.
Saying no to racism is the Supreme Court being openly malicious?

You know what's nuts. That we are being targeted at Affirmative Action and not SATs. Because those have been proven to be far more racist than Affirmative Action

And we have people in this thread talking about 'basing entrance on merit' like that hasn't been co-opted to help only white Americans which then lead to Affirmative Action.

We are dealing with the wrong problem
SATs are not racist... the stuff you guys say is just ridiculous.

And when I bring up the real problem like in the gun thread that would also go a long ways to fixing this problem, I get yelled at for being "right-wing".

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
What the fuck are you going on about? It's the same as the cake ruling from years ago.

What does it change?
Cake Shop ruling only said that the State of Colorado was acting in a discriminatory way, it pushed the actual decisions down the road. Until now, specifically

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Asians have to score 273 points higher on the SAT than blacks to get into a school. So this doesn't help Asians?
Not while the legacies are still around, no.
Also, the Supreme Court literally ruled you can't admit based on race, how is this a bad ruling in any conceivable way?
All the hypocritical cutouts
Saying no to racism is the Supreme Court being openly malicious?
Lmao, it's cute how you think that's what's happening here. The sort of prospective Asian American student who thinks they didn't get in because of the tiny numbers of black people still think that way about California schools, and they haven't had affirmative action for a while now

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
But if I don't convince other people that this group I hate is an existential danger to them, how can I get away with murdering said group?
Hardly disagree; sometimes force and deterrence is needed. Force is a tool and a last resort option. It's how you use it that matters. Look at what happens when you have no force and power behind gen z and the millennials. While Gen Z and millennials decided to avoid 2A, and fighting and decided words could change the world. How did that work out? Did Greta win over the oil & gas companies plus politicians with her speeches, and ditto with AOC, and the squad? Did Bernie win???

The millennials are the ones that assumed incorrectly that they would inherit the boomer's wealth by being the second largest generation in US history like the boomers, they didn't and picked the wrong option. Occupy Wall Street was the worse, most ineffective protest in American history, they got you to protest the Republicans and do the demcorat's dirty work for them. Meanwhile, Nacy Pelosi trades using insider information.

And now Gen Z that can fight has no weapons other than French-style protests(BLM, and climate protest)that don't work. Plus protesting is overrated anyways. You could burn down every S&P 500-owned building, and they would just WFH, and guard their warehouses. It doesn't work. Millennials are naive fools, and Gen Z is misguided.

I brought into some of that Kool-Aid too. I assumed that words are powerful, but they aren't. In College, I didn't learn realism to be pragmatic, and it has nothing to do with being realistic, it's about war. Without hard power(economic, and military power) a country's diplomacy does not matter unless interests align. If they don't you are screwed if, for example, you're a weak nation-state with no military power and a strong power ally.

In US military papers they think the left are puppies. The worst thing a leftist could do was hack an S&P500 company's funds and give them to someone who needs it. There are going to be more 5-4, 6-3 decisions, the left can cry all they want on Tik Tok, Twitter, and even Reddit, but it won't change a thing.

The only thing that will change is when enough American workers have been pushed around like in any other country. When they see their kids have no food and are starving, their house is burned down from climate change, and their air is like poison. Sure some may loot a store, gofundmes and etc. But eventually, they will put two, and two together.

Everyone* wants the easy option of political change via ballots, unions, and even strikes. Everyone* wants to be rich, and everyone* wants to be better than X, Y, Z. But watch out when the eat cake people get overconfident.

Almost everything can be waited out even a general strike, but you can't wait out a revolution.

Reactions: Leg End

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Why is it always about African Americans and Asians Americans instead of Europeans?

Do you think that Asians Americans are smarter than African Americans?
That not what they said. Because there are a lot of racial decisions that universities can make with touching Affirmative Action

Like...
SATs are not racist... the stuff you guys say is just ridiculous.

And when I bring up the real problem like in the gun thread that would also go a long ways to fixing this problem, I get yelled at for being "right-wing".
Some universities have abandoned SATs. You know what happened? The demographics of the universities shifted to be closer to the general population

Let's take this to an example that doesn't involve race but genetics instead. So you do get offended at the word racism

Autistic students didn't do well on SATs. So they were deemed as dumb. But then we found some mitigating factors like ability to deal with large groups, bright lights, not being able to touch something, written language barriers etc. Even school uniforms can not meet the needs of these students. They might not be able to pick up on social context clues in text and decide on an incorrect assumption.

Thus they can't score their potential on SATs unless they are changed to meet those needs. They actually weren't dumb, the testing situation made them look dumb

A similar sort of idea for people from different ethnic groups. Social cues are different or languages are different. This can even hurt conservatives or lefties because its usually written by liberals who have a certain world view that isnt shared by everyone. It can benefit different regions

How you write a test can affect test result. Your performance can be dimished by the test you take

This has been known and documented before CRT was a thing. It's that old. It's not just racist, it's also elites, benefiting the rich over others

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Here is what I want you to do. Instead of them being homosexuals, replace an instances in that case with them being African Americans instead. Is the cake shop owner allowed to treat people like that if their religious beliefs are against African Americans. What about European Americans? Can you refuse service if your religion is against Europeans?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Amazing, the Supreme Court ruled that Affirmative Action was unconstitutional, except for the part where Affirmative Action is perfectly constitutional

I mean, Harvard's got some good lawyers, so I hear. 4 of the 9 Justices got their degrees there after all. Before anybody claims otherwise: no, they don't get points for fucking up their ruling to the point of uselessness.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Amazing, the Supreme Court ruled that Affirmative Action was unconstitutional, except for the part where Affirmative Action is perfectly constitutional

To be honest, when it came down, it sound like it was forcing people to talk about race. Like Affirmative Action turn on the instant race was involved

But I needed it interpreted in a real world context to see what it looked like

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
But whenever I suggest we fight the billionaires. It's basically let's talk this out. Well here's what your talking has gotten you.
Actually, kill the rich and take all their stuff is my motto for the rest of the century.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I do wish they would get sued over legacy admission too,
:ROFLMAO: Next century, maybe.

The fact that they (and others) still sail serenely on as admissions practice should tell us all we need to know about the real forces influencing university entry policy.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Actually, kill the rich and take all their stuff is my motto for the rest of the century.
No, arrest them, and make an example out of them like after 1945.

Them = Billionaires.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Far and away my favorite part of all this is, predictably, lending and credit institutions filed an amicus in favor of affirmative action. They claim its because diverse applicant bases are necessary for good business, but i think we all know what's actually going on.

Funny enough to no ones surprise, they conveniently also overturned bidens built to fail debt forgiveness program...

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Here is what I want you to do. Instead of them being homosexuals, replace an instances in that case with them being African Americans instead. Is the cake shop owner allowed to treat people like that if their religious beliefs are against African Americans. What about European Americans? Can you refuse service if your religion is against Europeans?
Try just flipping the two parties in the original hypothetical - if you were an LGBTQ web designer and say Westboro Baptist wanted you to build a website for them, should you be required to build a website supporting their virulently homophobic message? Religion is a protected class, therefore you should not be allowed to refuse right?

Because that's what both the cake case and this case were about in essence - the line drawn is being required to engage in speech.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Try just flipping the two parties in the original hypothetical - if you were an LGBTQ web designer and say Westboro Baptist wanted you to build a website for them, should you be required to build a website supporting their virulently homophobic message? Religion is a protected class, therefore you should not be allowed to refuse right?

Because that's what both the cake case and this case were about in essence - the line drawn is being required to engage in speech.
"The Westboro Baptist couple just wanted a wedding website" is a different argument than "The Westboro Baptist couple wanted a virulently homophobic wedding website" and it's disingenuous to argue that the gay wedding website is equivalent to the latter.

Especially considering that the case was entirely fictional to begin with, down to the roots of "the wedding website designer never designed a website for anybody, much less got an ask from a gay couple"

Theoretically, the Court isn't supposed to rule on hypotheticals where the plaintiff has zero standing, but that's one of those pesky "norms" that right wing operatives love showing isn't actually a rule

Reactions: Satinavian