Supreme Court rejects affirmative action at colleges as unconstitutional

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, never did that ever.
Really! You 'never ever' said American AA was necessarily racist? Let's review some of your posts in this thread:

I know well enough about AA to know it's unequivocally a racist policy.
it is bad due to being a straight up racist policy regardless if the benefits outweigh the costs or not.
AA is racist and therefore bad, it's that simple.
How does affirmative action not fall under racism?
How can't you agree that affirmative action is racist? You abide by literally no principles.
Affirmative action is just a straight-up racist policy on a pure principle level and there's no way to argue it isn't.
American slavery was definitely racist and so was American AA.
There is also no "could be or could not be" about AA's racism either.
American versions were definitely racist.
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Really! You 'never ever' said American AA was necessarily racist? Let's review some of your posts in this thread:

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
And what kind of AA is the thread about?

1701374609522.png

Do I need to spell out that GOW means God of War in a God of War thread so people aren't confused because it could also be Gears of War?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I literally stayed on point about the topic title the whole time, but I'm the one moving goal posts... sure thing dude...

So in a thread about showing stats about how cops are racist, every time someone in that thread mentions that cops are racist they have to specify they mean only the racist ones (as there's obviously cops that aren't racist). That's fucking inferred. Why do you guys make dumb arguments just to argue about something?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
So in a thread about showing stats about how cops are racist, every time someone in that thread mentions that cops are racist they have to specify they mean only the racist ones (as there's obviously cops that aren't racist). That's fucking inferred. Why do you guys make dumb arguments just to argue about something?
"If I say something, you should assume its tautological".

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I literally stayed on point about the topic title the whole time, but I'm the one moving goal posts... sure thing dude...

Specifically because AA cannot be, by the US constitution, be written in a racist way.

99% of the way AA in America is used is not in a racist way. This Harvard case is just giving African Americans and Latinos the exact same privileges as Whites.... it just left out Asians and other groups. Which it shouldn't have.

If you stop Harvard from doing this new policy, the OLD policy is still racist. The case has fixed no problems

And, more importantly, a win in this casw has given a win to actual racist. Because now only Whites get those privileges

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Specifically because AA cannot be, by the US constitution, be written in a racist way.

99% of the way AA in America is used is not in a racist way. This Harvard case is just giving African Americans and Latinos the exact same privileges as Whites.... it just left out Asians and other groups. Which it shouldn't have.

If you stop Harvard from doing this new policy, the OLD policy is still racist. The case has fixed no problems

And, more importantly, a win in this casw has given a win to actual racist. Because now only Whites get those privileges
Case in point, these same tactics were used to get AA removed from the California system in the '90s. Shockingly, Asian enrollment did not go up. Tanked the Latinos though

Oops

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

How is the old policy racist?

What privileges are whites getting that others aren't?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
How is the old policy racist?

Legit, are you serious?

Do you know what this case was about?

Because I've stated it at least three times to you

Did you read how Kavanagh and Comie-Barret noted that Harvard were just expanding European America privilieges to Latinos and African Americans which unintentionally excluded Asian American? That some form of AA NEEDS to keep going or most minority group will be disadvantaged

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Legit, are you serious?

Do you know what this case was about?

Because I've stated it at least three times to you

Did you read how Kavanagh and Comie-Barret noted that Harvard were just expanding European America privilieges to Latinos and African Americans which unintentionally excluded Asian American? That some form of AA NEEDS to keep going or most minority group will be disadvantaged
They just ruled you can't use race as a metric for admission, how is that bad on principle? My morality/ethics is principle based and not result based. The solution to the problem is to evenly distribute school money per kid (and slight adjustments for cost of living by area so a city kid would get slightly more allotted) during grade school and high school vs the rich neighborhoods get all their money bullshit.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Even if I disagree with this ruling. The fact it drives certain people on Tik Tok crazy is amazing.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Legacy admission.

But in this whole thread no one defended legacy admission. Everyone mentioning it considered it unfair and a thing to abolish, no matter the stance on AA. I really hope it is the next on the chopping block after race as admission criterium is gone.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs