Share some things that make you smile!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The results from my last visit with my doctor. I've dropped ten pounds, and by a number of metrics, I'm healthier than I've been in a decade.

I'm thinkin' that treadmill I bought was a good investment!
Congrats! If you plan on losing more, or plan on the healthy life style, drink some lemon and lime water with no sugar. Helps with the weight loss, and keeps you hydrated with some flavor.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
This quote from Margaret Thatcher:

"If my critics saw me walking over the Thames, they would say it was because I couldn't swim."

I really, really, REALLY love this quote. It encapsulates so succinctly such a generally applicable ideal, particularly in the modern era. It's perfect. Nothing is ever good enough, especially for those who expect/want you to fail. I know jack shit about Margaret Thatcher, her policies, stances, or politics, and at this point I don't want to know any of those things. As it stands, I think I'd like to have had a beer with her; I'd hate to look her up only to find she's a Nazi sympathizer, teetotaler, or some other atrocious shit. I'm taking her words at their objective value, and they might just make my tombstone.

Reactions: gorfias

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I know jack shit about Margaret Thatcher, her policies, stances, or politics, and at this point I don't want to know any of those things. As it stands, I think I'd like to have had a beer with her; I'd hate to look her up only to find she's a Nazi sympathizer, teetotaler, or some other atrocious shit.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Anything wrong with being a teetotaler?
No, but there is something wrong with lacking any sense of humor or the ability to recognize facetiousness. Unless there was another point to your response that I'm missing? Next round's on me; let's talk.