Share some things that make you smile!

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I've seen some echidnas (is that the plural?) in my old neighbourhood, but never was able to get a photo. I did talk to them, so I can say I've had a conversation (of sorts) with an animal weirder than most imaginary cryptids while walking home.
I had to take the dog home (for obvious reasons) and grab my phone for that photo... took a few minutes to find the bugger again. I've known it's been around for a few weeks because it's been digging all over the park on my block but hadn't seen it until today. I thought I'd share it because Crazy Aussie Animal.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Not sure why. Just seems to need a shout out.
View attachment 9465
Because Björk is beautiful, inside AND out.

Brief anecdote, back in the days of the Columbia Music House "10 CDs for a penny" scam, I was a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed teen with little interest in music in general, but had recently garnered interest in Electronic music. The CMH offer came in the mail, and I noticed a couple of CDs on offer that I thought I might like, so decided to bite. Note I said I noticed "a couple of CDs," because after those couple, I was left with the dilemma of selecting 8 more for the "deal." I picked Björk's Homogenic solely because the album art looked neat.

1692276459252.png

I knew nothing of her; never even heard her name. When the album arrived, I was blown, the fuck, away. Best random purchase of my life. Been a fan ever since; I don't care how weird she gets, I'm on board.

Fast-forward a decade and some change, and I found a myriad other Icelandic artists that I fell in love with like Sigur Rós, Ruxpin, Murya, and Ólafur Arnalds, and since, Iceland has made my bucket list of places to visit. It's seems to be a beautiful country that produces beautiful people with beautiful ideas.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Because Björk is beautiful, inside AND out.

Brief anecdote, back in the days of the Columbia Music House "10 CDs for a penny" scam, I was a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed teen with little interest in music in general, but had recently garnered interest in Electronic music. The CMH offer came in the mail, and I noticed a couple of CDs on offer that I thought I might like, so decided to bite. Note I said I noticed "a couple of CDs," because after those couple, I was left with the dilemma of selecting 8 more for the "deal." I picked Björk's Homogenic solely because the album art looked neat.

View attachment 9466

I knew nothing of her; never even heard her name. When the album arrived, I was blown, the fuck, away. Best random purchase of my life. Been a fan ever since; I don't care how weird she gets, I'm on board.

Fast-forward a decade and some change, and I found a myriad other Icelandic artists that I fell in love with like Sigur Rós, Ruxpin, Murya, and Ólafur Arnalds, and since, Iceland has made my bucket list of places to visit. It's seems to be a beautiful country that produces beautiful people with beautiful ideas.
Adding to my Spotify, thanks!
1692288775042.png

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA

Yeah...chat speak gets weird/disturbing without context...

Reactions: gorfias

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Well, I got some news that put me in a really good mood. My last MRI scan in January measured the cancer at 4.2 cm at its widest. The scan I had this morning measured it at 3.1 cm.

Fuck you, cancer! Fuck you, your mutant genes and fuck every single cell of yours as they multiply with a barbed dildo! HA!!!!!!!
That's excellent news!! Congrats, and FUCK CANCER, INDEED!!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Well, I got some news that put me in a really good mood. My last MRI scan in January measured the cancer at 4.2 cm at its widest. The scan I had this morning measured it at 3.1 cm.

Fuck you, cancer! Fuck you, your mutant genes and fuck every single cell of yours as they multiply with a barbed dildo! HA!!!!!!!
Congrats! Fuck Cancer.
ITMT: Wife worries about what I'll do to occupy my time when I get to retire reasonably soon, then worries even more when I remind her:
1692893744284.png

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Kathy Burke and Carol Vorderman, two forces of nature meet at last! To fantasise about their death! How is this not peak content?? 😔

Ok maybe just a lil more overly specific chuckles for the night...

Last edited: