Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Man, deep silver seems to be a really shitty company, just overshadowed by more major ones
I don't always believe articles like this because it seems like a lot of finger pointing. "Oh our game would have been great but the publisher wanted it to be trash", "We wanted them to make a good game, but they refused to change with our suggestions" Blah blah blah.

Make shitty games, get shutdown, that's really all there is to it. If you are not doing good for the business then you will no longer be doing business.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't always believe articles like this because it seems like a lot of finger pointing. "Oh our game would have been great but the publisher wanted it to be trash", "We wanted them to make a good game, but they refused to change with our suggestions" Blah blah blah.

Make shitty games, get shutdown, that's really all there is to it. If you are not doing good for the business then you will no longer be doing business.
I get what you're saying, but it wouldn't surprise me, if either or all three parties involved fucked up in some way. I lean towards all three. Embracer, Deep Silver, and Volition. Though I don't trust Embracer at all, and Deep Silver I barely ever cared about to begin with.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I get what you're saying, but it wouldn't surprise me, if either or all three parties involved fucked up in some way. I lean towards all three. Embracer, Deep Silver, and Volition. Though I don't trust Embracer at all, and Deep Silver I barely ever cared about to begin with.
I mean business is business and nobody is gonna be perfect with decisions. But at the same time it's also super easy for each group involved to blame someone else for the failures.

At the end of the day whomever was in charge of the project at Volition is the most at fault because the leader of the project should be the one getting the project done while also managing the expectations of the publisher.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean business is business and nobody is gonna be perfect with decisions. But at the same time it's also super easy for each group involved to blame someone else for the failures.

At the end of the day whomever was in charge of the project at Volition is the most at fault because the leader of the project should be the one getting the project done while also managing the expectations of the publisher.
Don't forget, that Embracer Group tried to shift the blame onto the consumers about the game's failure. As far as I'm concerned, all three of them screwed up. Like I asked before: is Embracer going to make the same mistake again, if the game sells "below expectations"?

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Yeah, I don't think it's gonna work the way you think it's gonna work, Blizzard. I mean ffs, Destiny 2's expansions were always hit or miss, with more times on being mediocre.

Reactions: gorfias
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

It sounds like a combination of bad input from Deep Silver regarding the direction of the game, along with Volition shitting the bed with gameplay mechanics. Match made in hell.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Yeah, I don't think it's gonna work the way you think it's gonna work, Blizzard. I mean ffs, Destiny 2's expansions were always hit or miss, with more times on being mediocre.
The fuck it is. Blizzard must be out of their goddamn mind if they expect a dev team to make a new season every 3 months and then every 4th season being an expansion. That schedule has already buttfucked the game, what kind of crack is Blizzard smoking thinking that pace is even remotely possible?

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah, D2's expansions have typically been fine to good (other then Shadowkeep). But the Seasons are prettymuch hot garbage.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

This is apparently a big deal as Daytona 2 was never really released on anything so people are hyped to potentially have a full on version of the game playable in the new yakuza game.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

This is apparently a big deal as Daytona 2 was never really released on anything so people are hyped to potentially have a full on version of the game playable in the new yakuza game.
I know Max_Dood probably going to get this for Daytona 2.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
You want good racing games? Just stick with the indie or mid budget arcade racers. The AAA is too busy drinking champagne and eating caviar on crackers with Car licensors and racing circuit owners to make forgettable arcade racers anymore.

I fixed it for you, what kind of sane executive from Toyota would allow their car to be turned to a weaponized technical for a racing game? Arcade racing games died for a good reason and it isn't creativity related. It's just the prestige of real cars makes more money and attract more attention than Ridge Racer selling you a strangereal car that resembles x brand.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I fixed it for you, what kind of sane executive from Toyota would allow their car to be turned to a weaponized technical for a racing game? Arcade racing games died for a good reason and it isn't creativity related. It's just the prestige of real cars makes more money and attract more attention than Ridge Racer selling you a strangereal car that resembles x brand.
You're trying to fix something that wasn't broken to begin with. I'm not asking for every Toyota, ford, or Chrysler vehicle to get wrecked. What I am asking for is for these racing games to have some goddamn personality and style. You can have personality and style without turning into wrecked junk. But if these pricey cars all got wrecked, then I wouldn't be crying or complaining. These car dealerships and companies got more than enough money so they're crocodile tears have no effect on me. Arcade racers aren't completely dead, since the lower budgets and Indies are keeping them alive nice and fine. Besides, the Hollywood movie and TV industry, destroy, blow up, manhandle, or wreck some type of car everyday. Yet the same dealerships don't cry to them or get upset when a specific car gets destroyed. Unless it's a new one that came out the same year, but even then it's not exactly immune all the time.

The prestige of real race cars wears out it's welcome when a game is dull, lifeless, and boring. The prestige only stays to those in denial or want everything to be super "realistic". Basically, the super nerds with nothing better to do in their lives and would not know fun if the bit them in the groin.

Once again, you don't know a damn thing.