What are you currently playing?

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I'm at Route C. I made it from seeing the Commander to the part with A2 where you control Pascal in a mech to fight Engels, but I died there and had to go back to the part where A2 tries to protect Pascal's village.

Still, made a lot of progress.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Which game should I play after NieR: Automata?

The Walking Dead
Final Fantasy X
Spider-Man
Arkham Asylum (Only played a little of Arkham City)
Disco Elysium
Beyond Good and Evil
Ghost of Tsushima
Ocarina of Time
Disco Elysium, then Ocarina of Time.

Is it just me, or is the music in the Bunker in NieR: Automata really relaxing?
The music is probably the best part of NieR: Automata.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Probably?

Non-joke answer is that I haven't taken the time to really listen to the OST on its own and really should do that one of these days.

Reactions: meiam

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Just finished my fifth or sixth playthrough of Earthbound. I've lost track of how many times it's been now, but hopefully I'll be able to move on to something new now that it's done.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
After retreating to the comfort food of Tsushima, I felt the strong urge to put my GAMR hat back on and jump back into Armored Cored 6 and get Baldur's Gate 3. I will focus on putting aside my urge to beat games as fast as I can and just go REAL slow with these, taking in turns which gaming difficulty I'm in the mood to tackle- the twitchy flying around nonsense of FromSoftware, or the dorky excel spreadsheet vibe of Larian. Because with the return of the TV shows Foundation of Wheel of Time, my inner teenage virgin loser fantasy dork has been itching to jump back out into the world.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
The secret damaged wall was resistant to every weapon and attack option I had.

Everything, except...the Salami.

(Low frame rate is just gif conversion limits unfortunately 😔)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Mumbler

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I got my copy of Arkham Asylum today, and I just started Ghost of Tsushima.

Should I ditch Ghost of Tsushima and play Arkham Asylum instead?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Just finished my fifth or sixth playthrough of Earthbound. I've lost track of how many times it's been now, but hopefully I'll be able to move on to something new now that it's done.
The moon?

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
The moon?
I don't get it.

Anyway, I remembered after talking to some friends on Discord that I never finished Halo 2 after getting about halfway through it, so I've decided to pick that back up. Spoilers for a nearly 20-year-old game: Master Chief just killed the Prophet of Regret and then got kidnapped by a tentacle monster, so it's Arbiter's turn again for a bit.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
RE2R and RE3R again. I just finished 2R, and 3R I am doing on standard for the funsies. RE3R is still a good game and something I would not call a "6/10" game. It sucks the bonus game modes from the original were cut in this, and lacking, yet the game does encourage replay. Via buying items with the points you get on each playthrough. Or buy the unlock everything DLC; it is on sale right now.

I am never touching RE: Verse. Capcom should have put more time into a Mercenaries Time Attack Mode like the original, instead of some live-service shit almost no one cares about.

The game is not that much longer than the original either. I've heard people complain the game is "too short", but that is a bold face lie. All of these games are or become short, because RE always encouraged speedrunning and memorization. The first playthrough will always be the longest, and each play will get shorter each time, assuming the player improves. I will never touch the harder difficulties, because the game goes real overboard with them. I've seen Nightmare and Inferno on YT, and they're not fun.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Some things to know going in -

- It’s a slow burn type of game. If you go in just looking for another game to beat, it’ll probably get frustrating quickly. The first chapter is basically the “tutorial”, getting your bearings for basic things, including the controls which can be cumbersome at first.

- Make a point to adjust the settings to your liking. Turn off the dead zone setting for aiming and crank camera/sim sensitivity up for more responsiveness.

- If you’re choosing to play honorably (at least relatively speaking for an outlaw), make a habit of holstering your weapon around NPCs until they give you a reason not to, because the button used for prompting conversation is the same as drawing your weapon. This can cause unwanted attention.

- Keep your cores topped off. Once you start hunting bigger game this will be easier to do. Also cooking meat with seasonings like thyme, oregano or mint will give you food that turns cores yellow for added mileage.

(...)
So i played a bit on Monday (Tutorial / Chapter I) and a tiny part of Chapter II on Tuesday (Driving into Town and first bounty hunt)

So far: Production quality is (as expected) top notch, but leads to a bit of hilarity sometimes (It insists on playing the animations regardless of weird player-inputs - feels like you play the game in tandem with another player interrupting your movements)

I am having weirdly a bit of troubles with the HUD and controls. The prompts are very small on the down-right, not in the game world or centered. And since it "didn't" click for me so far, that i can work without them, i often have too look up what my options are.
For example: Opening containers is normally mapped to "r" and taking things is mapped to "e" , but looting things is "r" again, which i tried intuitively with "e". Unarmed attack is "f", even if it could be just attack when no weapon is drawn, opening Dialogue-options is "right mouse" when pointing or being near a friendly, which is the same as readying weapon / aiming when shooting.

Also something like: moving in and out of cover without pressing the action-keys for it sometimes messes with the shooting (If i stand behind a wall, but not in cover-mode, Arthur sometimes can't shoot.

I also seem to be a terrible shot (There is some (technical realistic) delay in pressing the button and squeezing the trigger. And i miss like crazy, but the autoaim ist super forgiving (People get hit with me going: No way that hit them i was WAY off - which leads to being a bit frustrated) Conclusion: Seeing if i can turn off aim-assist and become better.

And regarding the "cores": As far as i saw it now... There is autoregenerate, so it gets boosted by being "Full" which i can barely see, and don't really know the status. I just eat sometimes, don't know if and when that does anything and when it runs out, so i didn't care about that so far (Apparently some food buffs the cores and colors them, then i can maybe see the status). I died so far only by exposing myself running and gunning, i seem to be invulnerable as long as i don't risk anything. A bit weird cover shooter mechanics (I am a bit more Max-Payneing myself... As long as i move everything is ok - this gets punished in this game - have to adapt to a more calm approach)

Storywise it did a good job in the tutorial to introduce all the gang members (Except a few women) and what they are about. Felt like a good intro for the many shenanigans the group gets into over the next chapters. Arthur (MC) seems to be able to be played slightly more human and regretful or a bit wilder and violent. But both sides with his gruff and tough facade. Could be interesting.

Overall nice feeling, but i struggle a bit with the handling so far. (Also i am playing "The Long Dark" again at the side - So far about ~45 days in a Interloper-suvival run)

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Finally got around to finishing Armored Core 6, started on ng+.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
So i played a bit on Monday (Tutorial / Chapter I) and a tiny part of Chapter II on Tuesday (Driving into Town and first bounty hunt)

So far: Production quality is (as expected) top notch, but leads to a bit of hilarity sometimes (It insists on playing the animations regardless of weird player-inputs - feels like you play the game in tandem with another player interrupting your movements)

I am having weirdly a bit of troubles with the HUD and controls. The prompts are very small on the down-right, not in the game world or centered. And since it "didn't" click for me so far, that i can work without them, i often have too look up what my options are.
For example: Opening containers is normally mapped to "r" and taking things is mapped to "e" , but looting things is "r" again, which i tried intuitively with "e". Unarmed attack is "f", even if it could be just attack when no weapon is drawn, opening Dialogue-options is "right mouse" when pointing or being near a friendly, which is the same as readying weapon / aiming when shooting.

Also something like: moving in and out of cover without pressing the action-keys for it sometimes messes with the shooting (If i stand behind a wall, but not in cover-mode, Arthur sometimes can't shoot.

I also seem to be a terrible shot (There is some (technical realistic) delay in pressing the button and squeezing the trigger. And i miss like crazy, but the autoaim ist super forgiving (People get hit with me going: No way that hit them i was WAY off - which leads to being a bit frustrated) Conclusion: Seeing if i can turn off aim-assist and become better.

And regarding the "cores": As far as i saw it now... There is autoregenerate, so it gets boosted by being "Full" which i can barely see, and don't really know the status. I just eat sometimes, don't know if and when that does anything and when it runs out, so i didn't care about that so far (Apparently some food buffs the cores and colors them, then i can maybe see the status). I died so far only by exposing myself running and gunning, i seem to be invulnerable as long as i don't risk anything. A bit weird cover shooter mechanics (I am a bit more Max-Payneing myself... As long as i move everything is ok - this gets punished in this game - have to adapt to a more calm approach)

Storywise it did a good job in the tutorial to introduce all the gang members (Except a few women) and what they are about. Felt like a good intro for the many shenanigans the group gets into over the next chapters. Arthur (MC) seems to be able to be played slightly more human and regretful or a bit wilder and violent. But both sides with his gruff and tough facade. Could be interesting.

Overall nice feeling, but i struggle a bit with the handling so far. (Also i am playing "The Long Dark" again at the side - So far about ~45 days in a Interloper-suvival run)
Ok yeah, on PC. I’ve been doing a leisurely playthrough there myself on occasion, after playing the hell out of it on PS4. I used free aim in both cases outside of a handful of mission challenges. Aiming should be much more precise and responsive with the aim assist stuff off. Also should have the ability to paint targets in deadeye soon which works best with free aim for groups of baddies.

The only thing I can think of with the cover issue might be if he’s too close while facing the wall or other object and can’t draw? I think I’ve run into this before but just had to either take cover or move slightly out of it to aim, but not sure. Speaking of Max Payne you can do the bullet time dodge in deadeye by directional jumping while aiming, but your shots have to wait until after landing.

The most finicky thing is probably just the contextual buttons, and being careful to only have your gun drawn around people you plan on shooting. There’s probably a way to key bind differently but I never looked into it.

What still gets me is the duels. I got used to it on a game pad but with kb/m it’s a bit different. You have to hold down left click to build the time meter, then just click to go into target mode, then click again to fire. I wish there was a way to repeat duel encounters other than reloading a manual save just prior.